1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Pirates: A new beginning

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Takara, Sep 11, 2004.

1. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    With this news Diego rushed off to find his crew, to make the preperations needed. Once his crew were rounded up standing, or sitting on cannons below deck, he gave them the brief

"Right fellas, were gonna need all the range out of these beauties, aim for the gun deck, and the mast, dont worry about anything else, im sure Sol and the captain will deal with them"

Most of his crew had trouble working round his rich spanish accent, but they knew there jobs well anyway, and this talk about only a way to psyche the men up.

"Now, get the powerder, get the balls, and get to work, were here for revenge for our lost comrades!"

With this, the crew yelled "for Arvin and the Ship!" and ran to there tasks.

2. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Sol collapsed down next to the bed of the Master's quarters. He had almost slipped under the sheets, but the thoughts of Turk having slept there that morning disuaded him. Considering how exhausted he was, the wooden floor felt exquisite on his body. Within moments he was asleep, a dreamless sleep that would refresh him before the coming battle.

3. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    As Diego went off to prep his men, Arvin climbed up onto deck. As he looked about, he started to replay things in his mind. The tale Alexa had told him was constantly bothering him, and was really angering him. On top of that, the memories he indulged of Liza, and Pete were opening up a void inside. But something else was coming through. He was feeling.... confused... over the time he spent with Alexa below. And it bothered him. He hadnt opened up to anyone in over 15 years. And it troubled him, almost as much as not knowing how he felt about Alexa. The more he tried to pin it down, the more it eluded him.

By the time he reached Sol's door, he had gotten really pissed off at himself, and was feeling in a really bad mood. Knocking once, he entered the cabin. Seeing Sol sleeping, he cursed. He had told the man to get some rest afterall.

Still... he needed to Sol, so he woke the man up, all the same.

"Sol, I be sorry to wake ye, but it looks like we be catching up with Pete come the 'morrow. I've told Diego what we be needin' from his men, and he's getting them prepared. Now, I be needin' to go over it with ye. Now yer Master, yer'll be in charge o' the boardings. As such, yer'll command the men as they butcher and plunder. A fun job, but has responsibilities.

Tomorrow, when we be taking on Pete, there be no quarter. I want them all dead! I'll not be dealin' with another vendetta... not this time. We be cleansing this slate. Tomorrow, we will be runnin' the red pennant. Anyone that surrenders... butcher them, or take them prisoner, and we be keelhauling them, yer call. The ONLY case I be wantin', is the Master. I want him alive! Do what it takes, but capture him. I want to be interrogating him, and he's the only one, besides Pete, who be knowin' anything.

As fer the ship... strip it. I want our gold! I want anything he has in the hold, I want EVERYTHING in Pete's cabin. Strip her bare. After that, we be blowing the powder magazine, and sendin' her to the ocean floor.

Kill anything that moves, but leave Pete! He be mine. Is that clear?"

4. The Kilted Crusader

Sol splashed cold water on his face as the captain gave his order's. The short sleep had helped somewhat, enough to feel far more prepared for the coming battle. Sol pulled his Scimitar and Tulwar over his head as Arvin finished talking.

He glanced into the captain's face. No quarter. He thought on it for a moment and realised he wholeheartedly agreed. In fact, he felt almost excited about the prospect of getting to grips with the enemy finally.

"It's clear captain. I'll get to choosing the men immediately." He almost asked if the captain would be joining them, but considering he knew Arvin would want to get back at the enemy as much as himself, he curbed his tongue.

5. Takara

Media:
    Looking at the eagerness in Sol';s face, Arvin couldnt help but smile. That kind of excitement... he knew it well, and it pleased him that Sol felt that way. It would make him much more effective in battle.

"I'll let ye get to yer duties. I'm going to be restin' fer a couple of hours. I'll be in me quarters if ye be needin' anything."

Walking out of the cabin, he turned left, and walked into his cabin. Taking his jacket off, he gently eased off his shirt. Growling as his stitches played havoc, he realised that if he was going to fight, he'd need something for the pain. Walking over to his desk, he grunted, and slowly pushed it to the side a bit. Bending down, he pried loose the wooden slat that one side of the desk rested on. Reaching inside, he rumaged through his most prized possesions. The richest plunder he had taken in 15 years. He had some rich gems, and a fair bit o' coin. And he also had... something else.

Pulling out a silk bag, he looked at it. Still some left, and he'd only use a bit. Opium was hard to get this far west, and was also VERY expensive to pirates. Just as well he had pulled it from a dying merchant's hands.

Yes... this was just what he needed to take away the pain for the fight.

Putting his cabin back in order, he laid down on his bed. And put the bag under his pillow. As he closed his eyes, he dreamt of the possibilities of the 'morrow.

[ October 31, 2004, 00:39: Message edited by: Takara ]

6. Lantus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Lark looked around the deck. A funeral. The man they called Turk had died, passed. Lark stood in the crowd and watched as the great man's body was lowered to sea. Lark did not know him, but the sad atmosphere was getting to him.

FIND REEVES!

The man's eyes started searching the deck for the man described to him. His eyes found his objective. Lark made his move. He pushed cautiously through the sailors until he was only a few feet away from the man he was looking for. He raised his voice, but not so much to draw any un-wanted atention.

"Reeves?"

7. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Hearing his name spoken aloud, Reevs spun around, dagger sliding into his hand. "Who.... you," he ground out, the dagger disappearing just as fast as it had appeared. "Do't call me that," he hissed at Lark, "Do not call me by any name."

Clenching his fists, Reeves did his best to not to show his agitation. "What in the name of all things unholy are you doing here?"

8. Lantus Gems: 11/31

Lark was not really surprised by the reply. He knew this was definately the right person.

"I think we should talk," he glanced around at the other crew man, "...away from others."

He gave a quick raise of his eyebrows then walked away, towards the side of the ship, away from others.

9. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Alexa finished tending to the crewman's hand, and sent him back to work. She passed her hand over her eyes, realizing that she was exhausted. She picked up the dagger and resheathed it. Cleaning up the broken glass, she was about to leave, when she noticed the leaves still on the floor. The leaves that were partly responsible for Turk's death.

Gathering them up, she put them in a cloth bag and tied it closed. Glancing around her infirmary, she avoided looking at the table where Arvin had comforted her. She needed to think and rest, and neither of those were going to happen in the infirmary.

She left the infirmary, carrying the bag of leaves with her. Walking quickly and avoiding talking to members of the crew, she headed to her cabin.

Walking in, she dropped her dagger on the small table and placed the bag in a drawer. Her thoughts were a jumble. She was still upset that her torture of Jean had triggered the memories from her capture, but on top of that, the more recent memories of Arvin were puzzling her. Earlier, she had watched him run a man through, then ask her to inflict a painful torture on him. He had also been beating that boy almost to death when the attack on the other ship failed. Then, after Turk had died, and she lost control, he showed compassion and caring, something that she had never experienced before.

That fierce side terrified her. It reminded her too much of her previous experience. She shook her head, managing to block the memories that thought brought up. She couldn't have that happen again.

Sighing, she lay down on her bed, and drifted to sleep.

10. Arabwel

Media:
    Had looks killed, Lark would have had a particularly messy death the moment he turned his back to Reeves. How dare Lark speak to him in that tone? And, how did Marius send someone after him? Had he not, time and time again, proven his loyalty and skill to the captain? What else could Mariu demand of him before he would have the captain's trust?

Shaking his head angrily, he followed Lark to the railing, carful to keep his steps measured and slow instead of the angry stalk he prefered.

"What is it?" He hissed at Lark as soon as he was close enough, "That you are here to do?"

(edit:typos)

[ October 31, 2004, 05:48: Message edited by: Arabwel ]

11. Lantus Gems: 11/31

Lark walked to the boats side, then looked out over the water. Reeves arrived.

"As you guessed, Marius did sen' me 'ere. I'm 'ere to make sure things are going clearly, to make sure your stayin' clean. No doubt you are?" he looked down at Reeves, concern in his eyes. Concern and doubt.

"As you could guess, we musn't be connected in any way. This means, when conversation comes up among the others of the crew about me, all you know is that I'm new. Understood? While I'm 'ere, Marius wants us to keep an eye an' an ear on every crew member. Ok?"

Lark started to walk away before Reeves could answer. Then he turned.

"One last thing. Please, tell me. Did you 'ave anythin' ta do with that dead man?"

12. Arabwel

Media:
    Reeves glared at Lar. "Lark, you know damned well that I wouldn't try hampering Marius' plans in any way, shape or form."'

Slowly unclecnhing his fingers, wiping the now-evident blood on his dark breeches, Reevas continued. "The man's death was not through any fault of mine."

From somewhere, a single coin had appeared and was now dancing along Reeves' knuckles in a well-practised manner.

13. Lantus Gems: 11/31

Lark nodded, although still un-sure, and left Reeves standing alone. He was to find the captain, Arvin. Talk to him, earn his trust. Marius had told him to keep an eye on all things aboard the Marauder, so that was what he was going to do. Lark was planning on a different approach though. Maybe he should make friendships, or maybe he should be un-noticeable. There were alot of things to ponder on, but he could not think straight.

He was excited to a degree, for this was his first 'assignment' and the first time he had been among his 'enemies'. But these men around him didn't seem so harsh. Lark wondered what their captain, Arvin, had against Marius. Or maybe the conflict was between Black Pete and the captain.

It was too much for the man to think about. Answers would hopefully come soon. Until then, he would mingle and enjoy his time aboard with the 'enemies', if it were possible to do so.

[ November 01, 2004, 06:28: Message edited by: Lantus ]

14. The Kilted Crusader

Sol had chosen five of the crew so far, sturdy men all. As he wandered amongst the crew he caught sight of the huge, bare topped man. He didn't know the man's name yet - he didn't know many of the new crewmen's names, something he would have to remedy as Master - but the man looked handy in a fight.

"You." He called out to Lark "I want you on the boarding crew. I'll call you when I have need of you." Sol walked on, finding another new crewmember. He walked well, with good balance. He pointed to Reeves. "You're on the boarding crew. I'll call you when I have need for you."

15. Takara

Media:
    Slowly, Arvin opened his eyes. Strretching, he felt at his side. Yes... it still hurt like hell. Sighing, he was glad he had some of the opium left. He'd need to smoke some of it, to rid the pain for battle. Climbing out of bed, he went across to the mirror, and splashed some water on his face. How long had he slept? must have been a few hours. They should have almost closed down Pete's ship by now. Maybe an hour or two.

Still confused about Alexa, he wasnt sure what to do. Right now he had to focus on the possibility of battle, but he also wanted to talk to her. He just wished he knew what to say. Trying to put it out of his mind, he put on a shirt, and went about preparing a pipe to Smoke the opium through. When he was done, he put it with the silk bag, and left his cabin, wanting to see that preperations had been made, and what their position was.

16. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31

Alexa grimaced as she opened her eyes. It felt like she had been put through the wringer. She looked down at her clothes that she had forgotten to get out of and sighed, they were covered with blood and grime. She changed into some cleaner clothes, and got ready to give whatever help may be needed for the coming battle.

Leaving her cabin, she went up on deck, her thoughts on what had happened the night before. Arvin's actions confused her, and she didn't know what to think. She looked up, and noticed Arvin standing not too far away.

Hesitantly, she walked over to him, unsure of what she was going to say. "Captain, I... I was wondering if your stitches were holding as they should."

[ October 31, 2004, 17:40: Message edited by: Laiwethel ]

17. Takara

Media:
    Standing by the side, Arvin watched the back of the ship they were chasing. They were close enough now, that he didnt need a spyglass to see them. An hour, maybe two... that's all it would be. As he dwelt on the events of last night... Why was he thinking of that so much!... he was certain that 'something' had happened. He'd opened up a part of him, that 'till last night, had been locked away these past 15 years. Now it was open again, he wasnt sure if he could close them off. And that worried him. What worried him more, was that he didnt know if he wanted to.

Hearing someone behind him, he turned round, and came face to face with Alexa. Suddenly, he felt nervous, like he did when he left the infirmary last night.

"Me stitches be holdin' up well, thank ye Alexa. I still be in a fair bit o' pain, but I'll get through that. How be ye this morn'? Have ye recovered from yer sickness?"

18. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31

Walking to the side of the ship, Alexa looked to the ship that carried the man she sought for revenge. She considered Arvin's words.

"Nay, not completely, captain. I fear that this will not pass entirely for several days. I shall mangage though, thank you." She glanced at him hesitantly. "What plans have you once you have had your revenge on Pete?"

19. Takara

Media:
    "What plans...?" Arvin started to speak... but words failed him. Thinking about it, he realised he'd never even thought beyond killing Black Pete. The past years, he had pirated, but had never thought of anything else, because he couldnt get past those dark thoughts.

"Well.... a long time ago, I was about to be leavin' piracy. I had coin enough, that Liza and I were going to settle down. Run an inn or something. Somewhere that pirates could be dwelling, and spend their leave, and coin. After her... death, that dream be lost. At first, me sadness drove me back to the sea, and slowly that be turnin' to bitterness. My revenge drove me, and I pirated up and down these here waters."

Leaning over the rail, he felt his age coming through. Rubbing his chin, he shook his head slowly.

"Up 'till now, I not be thinking that I would ever lay that to rest, and never thought that I be findin' anyone to be havin' a future with."

Looking sad, Arvin stared over the water. "After we be gettin' our gold back, I should be gettin' enough from me share, that maybe I could leave pirating. But I dont know what i'd be doin'. And I dont want to be doin' it alone neither."

20. The Kilted Crusader

Sol scraped the whetstone across the blade of the tulwar. He'd managed to get a good long sleep last night, enough to feel very optimistic about the day. He'd spent the better part of the morning preparing the tulwar. It had been blunt - possibly from being newly crafted - and the hilt had needed to be rewrapped.

On the previous night, he'd gathered the boarding party, choosing men from the new and old. The new, to test their mettle and worth in battle along with their loyalty, and the old, because he couldn't imagine going into battle without them by their side.

Sol lifted the Tulwar to his eyes, examining every inch of the blade, as if he was checking the main mast for any imperfections. Satisfied, he returned the blade to it's sheath. He didn't even bother to draw the scimitar, knowing it's edge would still be keen, but he loosened it in it's scabbard and awaited what would come today.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.