1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Pirates: A new beginning

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Takara, Sep 11, 2004.

1. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Alexa had moved away from Arvin, though she refused to leave the deck. She wanted to see what was about to happen. Her mind was in turmoil after the conversation she had just had. Arvin apparently cared for her.

She rolled her neck slightly, feeling the joints pop. Her braid swung to the side, showing the nasty scar at the base of her neck. As she edged closer to the gathered group, she bumped into a member of the crew.

"Oh, forgive me. I was not watching were I was going."

[ November 03, 2004, 02:05: Message edited by: Laiwethel ]

2. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Reeves started backwards as the woman careened into him; forcing his voice to a higher pitch than usual, he, too mumbled an apology as his eyes widened in what was, for once, true disbelief.

It could not be.

But it was.

The dagger. The explosives. The techniques that had been so familiar. The throbbing in his blood that the pretty little thing had called forth. And now… the brand.

His brand.

How could he have missed it earlier? She looked less fragile now; her beautiful, beautiful hair was tied back in a manner he would have never permitted… his Little Flame had become a spitfire.

And he could not touch her. Not as long as the damned captain had her under his “protection”… if the man dared to lay a hand on what was rightfully his, Reeves vowed that he would force the captain to eat his own liver.

Damn you, Marius… hurry. I will not see what is mine in the hands of another!

Reeves did not notice blood beginning to trail from his palm where his nails bit the flesh.

3. Lantus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Lark edged around the stern, looking out at the now visible ship that was the Devastation.
    He cursed.
    So this was it? If either Arvin or Marius attacked, the giant man would be forced to fight his allies. It was the thing he had dreaded.

Lark walked around the ship, searching for Reeves. He found the man in a crowd near Arvin, almost falling to the ground after colliding with another crew member. A lady. He saw Reeves take a glance at the lady then turn away quickly, suspiciously.
    Lark made his way up to Reeves, then stood there behind him, keeping an eye on...things.

4. Steeze Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Halvn ran over to the rail while strapping his scimitar to his back. He got there just in time to see Mr. Mullen clamber up onto the Maurader. Halvn collasped his spy glass and returned to his cabin for his daggers and pistol. He walked over to Marius who was also watching Mr. Mullen.
    "If Arvin agrees to the parley shall I accompany you cap'n" said Halvn, not trying to hide his excited grin.

5. Lantus Gems: 11/31

Marius wanted Arvin to join him for a little get-together, for a meal? This didn't sound right, but for now it pleased Lark, for he still had no idea how he could get out of the battle that may come.

May.

By the looks of things, Marius had something else in mind.
    What was going on in that head of 'is?

Lark had no idea what was going on over on the Devastation, but he didn't think it was good. He wiped sweat from his forehead. Had anyone noticed he was looking nervous? The lady that had bumped into Reeves. She was on his mind. Something was not what it seemed. Would anyone notice. Lark hoped not, leaping away from the crowd quickly, pulling Reeves with him. The man swung around, a look of suprise on his face.

"What's going on? I saw that lady, too. Who is she?"

6. Arabwel

Media:
    Reeves faced Lark with a dark, bitter smile upon his fine features. "Who do you think she is, fool?" he hissed, "She is the ship sawbones."

Wiping bloodstained hands discreetly against the dark fabric of his breeches, fabric that was quickly stiffening with dried blood, Reeves cast a cold glance in the direction of his Little Flame. "She is... with the captain."

He could feel the scar on his side throb violently, as his blood raced through his veins... just as he knew, her brand would throb. An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth...

And revenge for betrayal.

7. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Marius looked down at Halvn, his expression unreadable, then turned back to his spyglass. "There will be no parley unless Captain de Grath agrees to come here to hold it. However, if he does, you may pose as my cabin-boy and serve our meal. I doubt the Captain will speak much in front of you, but you may notice something... 'useful' about him."

8. Arabwel

Media:
    Reeves turned his attention back to Lark, a continued in a quiet tone.

"If you so much as even look at her again, I will make sure that you will live long enough to regret it a thousand times over."

Briefly, he wondered if Marius would have his head were he to kill Lark... he could not prevent a small shiver of exitement coursing down his spine.

[ November 03, 2004, 16:52: Message edited by: Arabwel ]

9. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31

Alexa glanced back at the crewman she had bumped into. She could feel his attention on her, though he was talking to another member of the crew.

She shivered slightly, and touched the scar on the back of her neck. For an instant, it pained her.

There was something about his eyes that disturbed her. Something that reminded her of the one that she had once called 'Master'. There was a coldness around the eyes that chilled her heart.

But it was impossible.

He was far too young to be the same. She turned her back on the pair, and watched the proceedings with interest, wondering what Arvin's reaction would be to this messenger's offer.

[ November 04, 2004, 04:28: Message edited by: Laiwethel ]

10. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Feeling anger bubbling beneath the surface... Arvin tried to keep the thoughts of the odds they faced from his mind. Instead, he focused on his anger, and frustraion. It had sialed him through some very turbulent waters over the years, and now was a time he was needing it.

"Yer bauble be mighty pretty. But that doesnt mean spit to me. Personally... I'm mighty tempted to cut off yer head, shove it in a cannon, and fire it BACK to Marius as me answer!

However, I be curious, and I do seem to be between a rock... and a hard place. So.. I'll accept the 'invitation'. But I be takin' two crew with me. Every captain needs a retinue. And I'll be takin' the bauble. Should fetch a fair price, to be splittin' between the crew. Now, if yer'll give me but a moment."

Turning to those gathered, he barked: "Sol, Diego, and Alexa... me cabin... if ye please."

Walking up to his cabin, he entered with those he called for, in tow.

In the privacy of his cabin, he dropped the bravado.

"We be in a tough spot here. We cant fight two ships, and we cant be runnin'. I'm goin' to be seein' what Marius wants, and we'll play this hand out. Sol... yer Master, as such ye cant go. If I die, someone has to be in command. That be ye. If something happens... it be yer ship.. and I expect ye to get her out o' this. Diego... yer'll come with me, I need someone who can handle a fight, and ye be on me council. Alexa... I need ye with me also."

Turning to the men, he asked them to excuse him and Alexa. "I be needin a few moments, if ye please. Diego, please make sure that we be ready to leave."

As they left, he turned to Alexa. "I need ye to come. One, I be needin' ye with me. My anger... it be gettin' to me sometimes, and yer presence should keep it at bay. Also, I be needin' a woman's perspective out there. Ye see things that I might not. And... ye might spot... someone. I want to be knowin' if he be around. Lastly... I just be wantin' ye there. Now we be leavin' in but a few minutes... if ye need to be gettin' anything.. best to get it now. Oh, and maybe a little... firey surprise might be handy, if we be needin' it."

Walking over to his armoire, he pulled out his best shirt, and Jacket. Changing into them, he also selected his finest hat. Putting it on, he looked into his mirror. Yes... that looks about right.

[ November 03, 2004, 22:16: Message edited by: Takara ]

11. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Diego left the cabin to give Arvin and Alexa some privacy. He made his was swiftly down to his cabin on the gun deck to collect his pistol and spiked whip, with its new addition, a sharp blade as the tip for slashing. He gathered his things, and picked out his least ripped and least sweaty shirt to wear.

When Diego reached the main deck, he paced over to the waiting longboat to wait for the captain.

12. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Sol took his order's and quietly left the cabin, thinking to himself. This was not a situation they wanted to be in. He only hoped the captain had plan's to get them out of it, because in all honesty, Sol had none. Slowly Sol wandered the deck, making plans for the worst. He couldn't help but think many were unrealistic and the rest were fatalistic.

He sighed and stared out over Marius' ship, examining her perfect form. He swore when he realised he couldn't find any weaknesses other than those of any other ship and returned to his thoughts.

13. Steeze Gems: 10/31

"Very well cap'n," said Halvn, a slighty dissapointed lookd on his face, "i'll go make sure the cooks have got a meal going." With that Halvn made his way down to the galley where he saw the cooks working. He then shuffled his way back to his cabin and picked out his best shirt and breaches to wear, his captin liked his men to look respectable. Halvn seathed his blades and pistol and returned to the deck.

14. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31

Alexa nodded as Arvin explained his reasons for wanting her go to along. She turned to leave, then paused, considering Arvin. Her eyes sparkled with mischief as she edged closer to him. She reached up and stroked his cheek gently, kissed his cheek lightly, then left his cabin, smiling.

Moving quickly, she went to her own cabin to pick up some small, but powerful explosives. She slipped her dagger into her boot, and her explosives into her pockets.

Humming softly, she left her cabin and joined Diego by the longboat.

15. Takara

Media:
    Whistling to himself after Alexa... left, he looked into his mirror. Smiling, he realised that he'd have to kill it if he was to portray a bitter, and ruthless enemy. It wouldnt do for Marius to get an accurate picture of him. Wouldnt do at all.

Getting his coat brush, he swiped away the lest few specks of lint. Feeling ready, it was time to go meet the enigma. As he reached his door, he put a scowl on his face, and growled to himself a bit.

Opening the door, he strode out, and stalked down the steps. Putting on a predatory smile, he walked up to Mr. Mullen.

"Well, it be time to get going it seems. Wouldnt be doin' to keep me admirers waitin', would it?"

Looking over at Alexa and Diego, he saw they were ready also. Climbing down into the boat, they sat down, and were gently rowed toward the waiting Devastation

[ November 04, 2004, 01:18: Message edited by: Takara ]

16. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Marius sent a man below to set two extra places at the table in his cabin, then watched carefully as the longboat drew ever nearer. He stood aside as several of his men assisted his guests aboard. When they'd gained their footing, he approached with hand outstretched.

"Captain de Grath. Thank you very much for accepting my invitation to dine. I've been looking forward to meeting you for quite some time." He bowed over Alexa's hand with a polite "Madam" and met Diego's eye squarely when Arvin introduced them. "If you'll accompany me, all is ready."

The mean was excellent, better than much of the fare the others ahd ever had on dry land, let alone aboard a ship. Wine was available, a fine vintage, but Marius had only a single glass. He kept the talk at a high level as they ate, speaking only of common generalities and things that were broadly known. When the last crumbs of dessert had been cleared away, he focused all of his attention on Arvin.

"I'm sure you're wondering why I asked to speak with you, Captain. I would prefer to leave this as a matter between peers, if you do not mind."

17. Lantus Gems: 11/31

Lark stood at the bow of the Marauder and stared out towards Marius' ship. Arvin and the others had arived there, all was well. Or so it seemed.

He was shocked to here the words come from Reeves' mouth. Coming aboard the Marauder, Lark had imagined it would be a sort-of-fun experiance. He hoped he would get along with this Reeves. Obviously, by the "I-want-you-dead" look on the man's face, things were not so.

He was annoyed the captain and his companions had left so early, for he had hoped to get aboard and travel to the Devastation with them, just to see what was happening. It was too late now, so he just stood at the front of the boat and stared out towards his home ship.

18. Steeze Gems: 10/31

Halvn rushed back to stand at his post in front of the door as he heard Marius's 'request'. He had been listening in on the conversation through a small hole around the corner from the door. Ever since Arvin and his two sailors got on board he had been thinking about them, the man, armed with and nasty whip and pistol looked dangerous, but the lady looked harmless he could only see a boot dagger. He thought, altough a preach of the parley code, it would be easier to kill Arvin, the man and the women, they were pirates after all. Halvn decided that Marius must have a plan.

19. Takara

Media:
    During the course of the meal, Arvin made sure to keep a trace of bitterness in his voice. Keeping the feelings he had for Pete at the front of his mind, he spoke brutally about his thinking on piracy.

Also, making sure his manners were a little sloppy, he tried to amplify his greed. Not too hard, given the luxury of his surroundings. If Marius was going to form an opinion of him, it was going to be the opinion HE wanted.

"Ye be wantin' to talk to me privately aye? And leave me crew standin about like daisies in the breeze? Yer'll have to do better than that. Perhaps... perhaps ye'd give them a tour of yer ship? Or at least, as much a tour as yer prepared to give them. I know Diego here be fascinated by cannon, and would like to be viewing yer decks."

Standing up, he walked over to Alexa. Resting a hand on her shoulder, he made to bend down, looking to be whispering in her ear. As he whispered for her to keep her eyes open, he slipped the dagger she kept, out of her boot.

Straightening up once more, he turned to Marius. "Would that be acceptible? then we be able to talk... if that be yer fancy. Ye paid fer me time, I might as well see what it be yer wantin'."

20. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    "Of course. Let me summon Halvn to guide them." Marius rose smoothly and walked to the door. As expected, Halvn was waiting outside; he knew that the small man would understand the unspoken duties he was to fulfill. "Halvn, please show our guests the ship while Captain de Grath and I conduct our business."

Once they were alone, Marius returned to the table and poured tea. "Captain, a very profitable venture has come to my attention, and to pursue it I need a fleet of three fast, powerful ships. Ships with courageous crews that are led by men who do not hesitate to get that which they want. Peter Cuttiford is one such, and I believe that you are the only other who could succeed at this venture.

"The Caliph of Persia will be making his pilgrimage to the Holylands this year. In less than 30 days he sails with eight ships loaded with gold, silk, jewels, and ivory, guarded by only three warcraft. What I propose to you is the taking of his entire fleet."

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.