1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Pirates: A new beginning

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Takara, Sep 11, 2004.

1. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Alexa looked up from Turk and noticed Arvin beating up what looked to be a crewmember from the Nightwind. Leaving Turk, she ran over to the enraged captain.

"Sir -- De Grath! If you keep this up, you won't have a source of information. Even I can't bring people back from the dead."

She placed her hand on his shoulder. "We can get our information from him, and have our vengance later. Isn't your first responsibility to your crew? They need your leadership now."

2. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    About to slap the man in his grasp again, Arvin felt a hand on his shoulder. Dropping him, he spun about, and knocked the hand from his shoulder, almost instinctively. About to hit who had dared interrupt him, he looked into the eyes of Alexa.

Seeing her shocked expression, he started to regain his composure. Hearing her words for the first time, he stepped back, abashed at what he had almsot done.

"I....I.. be sorry Alexa. I dont know what came over me."

Dropping his hand, he looked round at the bloodied boy he had been punnishing. Staggering over to the rail, he felt bitterly ashamed of his rage. How had he let it get the better of him? Seeing Pete again under such circumstances had unnerved, and rattled him more than he realised. The expectation of finding him, and the frustration at not, had driven him to the brink of madness.

Turning back to the young man, now lying on the deck, he started to hear his words.

"If ye be an injured, and betrayed party in this, as ye seem to be, then I'll not punnish ye further. Yer information is useful, and yer skills will be welcome. Ye can tell me all about this "Marius" later. Fer now, this ship be going to the bottom of the cove, too late to stop that now."

Turning to look at the crew that were still aboard the ship, he started to pass orders.

"This ship be nothing but a foil, and has nothing we be wantin'. Back to the Marauder, fer we set sail after that Bastard son a whore who be fleeing out there!"

At the words "there" he pointed at the cove mouth, and distant shape of Pete's ship.

3. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Rapidly collecting his daggers from the sinking ship, Jean hurried back to the marauder, covered almost completely in the blood of the fallen.

After a long, beautiful week of spending on booze and mending his weapons in freetown, he had set sail with the Marauder.

As he had expected, there was indeed plenty of opportunity to cause massive bloodshed with this man, but his... instability was worrying.

So far however, he had displayed a streak of genius with the smoke, although he had been must deviously led on.

Turning towards the captain, Jean said "If you need me to... extract information from this prisoner, capt'n, I know far more effective way then yelling and beating the crap out of him," eyeing the prisoner maliciously "and I'll be happy to help you work out this little set-up you've run into here. And, given a few hours, our friend here will be *very* happy to help us."

>EDIT: Typo filtrage<

4. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    OOC - Note the new name of Pete's new ship. R.

From the deck of the Doombringer Pete watched the action in the cove unfold in miniature in his spyglass. All his men were ready, and he knew that Marius was ready as well. The chase would soon be on.

This was the last he'd ever see Freetown. After what Marius had done - luring the son of the best shipbuilder in town into providing the new ship, much against his father's wishes, then setting him up as the target for de Grath - there was no way that he'd be welcome on the docks again. No loss. Freeport was hardly the only town on the waters where the only thing that mattered was the color of your money. Since Liza had left him for de Grath... well, he hadn't even had that for small comfort for the past years, now had he?

Pete had the flagman send sign to Marius, just to make sure, then went back to watching de Grath.

5. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Turk had to admit that he had felt better since taking that godawful drink from the sawbones. The world wasn't quite as blurry. Getting up, he walked over to his captain's side to hear what the new plan of attack was.

6. Takara

Media:
    Turning to look at Jean, Arvin looked a bit annoyed, "I didnt be thinking it was all that ineffective. He talked dint he? And he seems to be as much a tool in this as any. Leave him be, he might be useful, and I dont want bitter crew, but useful ones."

Looking over he saw Turk, looking a little worse for wear. Walking over, he steadied his friend. "Ye dont be lookin' so good. Yer getting old and slow friend, one o' these days.... Still, we be settin' sail after Pete. I dont know what's going on here, but we wont figure it out sitting in this cove."

Turning to the crew, he bellowed orders. "Get this ship turned about, and get us movin' after Pete. We still be havin' blood to spill, and booty to recover."

Seeing Sol clambering onto deck, and the other men with him, he felt some relief.

"Glad ye could make it. Yer task went well, I be seein'. Couldnt have asked fer better. Good job. Unfortunately, Pete had abandoned that ship, and seems to have his own. Right now, we be settin' off after him. In about an hour, come to my cabin, with Turk, Alexa, Diego, and Mr. Jenks. Also, bring that boy along. I'm going to hold council."

[ October 25, 2004, 19:49: Message edited by: Takara ]

7. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Sol pulled himself on board, turning around and holding out his hand for the next man. He listened to the captain's words as each man was hauled on board and nodded when Arvin was done.

He was exhausted from the ride, the fight, and the mad row to reach the ship and now the captain wanted to hold a council and set sail again this night. Sol shrugged his shoulders to loosen the muscles and headed down below to find the crew members Arvin was looking for.

8. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31

Alexa nodded to Arvin and the others, and turned to start helping the few crewmembers who had been injured during the fight. Fortunately, the injuries were minor and easily tended to.

More important in her mind, was the fact that the person who had wronged her so was on the ship that they were now chasing. Hopefully her own revenge would soon be at hand.

She pulled her thoughts away from revenge and walked towards the captain's cabin, preparing for council.

9. Jaguar Gems: 27/31

Veteran

After helping Sol direct the men in scouring the other ship for anything they could use, Turk had the me push off what was left over, and using one of Alexa's specials, sank it to the bottom of the cove.

Following behind Sol, Turk was the last person into the captain's cabin. As he shut the door, he silently hoped that the captain had a good plan.

10. Takara

Media:
    Arvin's cabin wasnt huge, but was larger than any other on board the Marauder. This wasnt because he wanted to have an obvious sign of his position, or because he felt superior at all. It was more a necessity. His cabin doubled up as a meeting area for his "council", and a place where he discussed plans with his men.

The "Captain's council" was a vital part to the running of the Violet Marauder. He couldnt have a meeting on deck, where all the crew could have their say. Unfortunately, nothing would really be accomplished, due to too many different opinions. Instead, the ship ran, by way of the "council". It comprised of the Captain, and the senior pirates on board. These senior Pirates were chosen from amongst the crew, by the crew, and were trusted to speak on their behalf. This allowed for the crew to have their say, and prevented the Captain from making unilateral decisions, which could endanger the crew. It brought a strange sense of democracy to ship board life. The senior pirates, were generally those in the main roles aboard ship, but not always. And the council was a place where all could have their say, without fear, for they were representing the crew.

On the Marauder, it included: Diego Cervada, the master gunner; Mr. Jenks, Helmsman; Sol, Bosun; Alexa, Ship's surgeon; and Turk, Quatermaster.

Sitting behind his oak desk, Arvin rose as the members of his council entered the room. Nodding to each upon entry, Arvin slowly leaned on his desk until the room got fairly crowded.

Moving over to the window, he looked out at the retreating cove, as the Marauder started to give chase after Black Pete.

Looking back to the assembled men, he turned to address them. "First, we should be welcomin' Alexa to the council. She be new to us, but ye all know how much she has helped us, especially those of us who have been wounded, and needed her aid. Also, we should be welcomin' Colin, fer he has some infermation about Pete we all need to hear.

Now, ye all have had yer share of blood recently, given the violence we seem to be landin' in. Not at all what we expected on our return to port. However, I'm proud of the way this crew have turned the tables on our enemies. Now be a time to get everyone on the same page.

When Pete took our hard earned gold, we learned that he had fled back to the cove we be leavin'. After repair, due heavily to Sol's efforts, we put into action a way to kill Pete fer good. Sol led an attack force to the cove, and aided us greatly with a job well done.

There be just one small problem. Pete wasnt here. He left that there ship with Colin, as payment fer a new vessel, the one we be chasin'. Also, he has told me of another's role in all this. Right now, I be thinkin' we need to hear his tale."

Gesturing at Colin, he indicated that the young man should speak.

[ October 25, 2004, 19:50: Message edited by: Takara ]

11. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Colin didn't feel much like speaking through the bruises Arvin had given him, so he related the story of how Marius and Black Pete had hired him for the job. It seemed evident to evenyone present that he had been set up as a patsy from the beginning, which made it easier to welcome the boy and his four surviving crewmen onto the ship. Trained hands were trained hands, and trained hands that had reason to hate their quarry were even better.

Pete saw the Marauder begin to turn out of the cove and gave the order to set sail - slowly at first, but fast enough that they'd stay out of cannon-range and be far enough out to sea for Marius to slip in behind de Grath after nightfall.

12. The Kilted Crusader

Sol leaned back in his chair. He had never been present at any of the previous Council, never mind having sat on one. He felt strangely proud but slightly out of place. He thought he'd wait for the others to voice their opinions before he spoke.

13. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Jean watched every single crewmember disappear into Arvins cabin, and decided he'd better find out what was happening overthere... Quietly disappearing below decks, it didn't take long for him to find a quiet spot where he'd be able to hear everything going on, and could still appear randomly present if he'd be spotting.
    Parking himself, he drew out one of his knives, started to sharpen it, and put out his finest ear.

14. Takara

Media:
    As Colin ran through his story, Arvin sat back, and watched the reactions of the other members. Both Diego, and Mr. Jenks leaned forward, obviously interested. After Colin was finished, they both sat back.

Looking at those present, Arvin considered his next words.

"As ye can be seein', things dont seem to be what we had first thought. I dont be knowin' who this Marius is, or how he fits in with Pete. My instincts are a bit confused right now. I be wantin' to grab Pete by the throat, and slice him open, but I also am worried fer the ship. We're sailin' after Pete, but this Marius is unknown to me. As such, it has me worried."

Looking at each in turn, he made sure they knew he wanted to hear their thought.

"I be wantin' yer opinions on this, because my feelings have proven.... difficult to control of late, and I be needin' to know I'm not puttin' this ship, and this crew in more danger than we can be takin' on."

[ October 25, 2004, 19:50: Message edited by: Takara ]

15. The Kilted Crusader

Sol lifted an eyebrow as he heard a slight scraping sound beneath him. It sounded like metal on stone, or the sharpening of a blade. Everyone should have been. Slowly, Sol stood, motioning for Arvin to continue speaking as he crept to the door. As quietly as he could he opened and closed the door. As he walked for the stairs to below, he drew his scimitar and silently stalked down.

He could hear the soft scraping again as he peaked around the corner. The knife-man, Jean, was listening to a small crack that must have been under Sol's chair. A spy of Black Pete's? Perhaps, or perhaps not. In either case Sol wouldn't take any chances.

Sol moved forward, readying himself to take the man. Just as he reached Jean, a board creaked. Jean whirled at the noise, but Sol's fist was faster and it slammed into Jean's chin. The blow sent Jean's head back, crashing it into the thick wooden wall.

He was unconscious the moment his head struck, but Sol walked over and rolled him to his front, laying his blade against his throat as he relieved Jean of all his knives.

Satisfied he was completely unarmed, Sol grabbed the man by the scruff of his neck and hauled him upstairs, grunting with the effort. He virtually threw him through Arvin's cabin door.

"I found him below, spying on us."

16. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31

Alexa frowned slightly as she listened to Colin's story, and Arvin's request for advice. Even though she had told him earlier that revenge could wait, her own feelings were bent on revenge, especially when it was so close.

She turned to Arvin. "I know that I have not said much about my past, nor do I wish to. I just wanted to say that I have my own reasons for wanting to follow Pete's ship." She pushed her sleeves back slightly to show several scars on both wrists. "I owe someone on that ship for this, and more."

She was about to continue when Sol walked in and threw an unconsious Jean down on the floor. Alexa smiled slowly and looked up at the captain. "A spy? Sir, if you like, I am willing to help you tort...um...interrogate...him."

17. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Reeves couldn't believe his luck; The idiots had picked up one of thier own as a spy!

He had not needed to go anywhere near the captain's cabin, knowing very well what COlin would say and the conclusions that could be drawn.

Things were progressing perfectly.

18. Jaguar Gems: 27/31

Veteran

Turk eyed the man that Sol had opened the door with. Right away, he recognized him, and felt in his gut that he wasn't a spy. A little too ambitious for his own good maybe, but not a spy. He was about to say so when Arvin stood up and spoke.

19. Takara

Media:
    " A spy.... probably not. But he doesnt seem to understand how a vessel such as this be workin'. Our crew be loyal to the articles of Piracy, and trust that their Captain, and their council, will look after, and protect their interests."

Looking tired, and quite angry at this breach of conduct, he turned to look at Turk.

"Ye know the articles as well as any aboard ship Turk. That be one of the reasons ye be Quartermaster. This man has broken article two: Every man shall obey Civil command. Also, he has saught to break article three: No man shall keep secret from the company. Since the crew know to trust that we be informin them of what is decided, when you all go back to yer places, this man saught personal gain through eavesdroppin'. I cannot punnish this man, as that be yer job, Turk, but I will recommend punnishment to the crew. That be marooning... with one flask of water, one horn of powder, one pistol, and one shot."

20. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31

Alexa nodded slightly, hiding her disappointment. She had been looking forward to experimenting with certain techniques of getting information out of people.

She addressed Arvin quietly, so only he could hear her words. "Sir, when you have a moment, I would like to speak with you away from others."

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.