1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Pirates: A new beginning

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Takara, Sep 11, 2004.

1. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Looking curiously at Alexa, Arvin gave her a slight nod, barely perceptable to those not looking for it. Moving over to the door, he opened it and dragged Jean through, and propelled him down onto the deck. Watching the unconcious man land with a crunch, he turned to Turk and Sol.

"Gather the crew, and lay out this mans crimes against our company. I'll be along shortly to add me thoughts on his punnishment, and the crew shall be votin' on it. After that, it be yer role, Turk, to be seein' that this is carried out. Now, if yer'll excuse me..."

Walking back into his cabin, he closed the door, and turned to look at Alexa, who had remained behind.

"What be ye wantin' lass? Ye've hinted to me at somethin' on yer mind.... but I can nay think what that be."

2. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Sol walked down the steps to the unconscious Jean. The man moaned softly as Sol passed by. One of the crew nearby was swabbing the deck with a long handled mop. Sol took it from him and returned to the unconscious Jean, slipping the mophandle through Jean's sleeves. He couldn't be sure he'd taken all the weapons from Jean and he didn't want him to have anything to harm any of the crew, despite how futile it would be to start a fight with a crew of pirates in the middle of the ocean.

He took one last glance at the man and then moved to the far side of the ship to help Turk gather the men.

3. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Alexa nodded slightly. "I wanted to let you know why it was that I wanted to get away from Freetown, and why I am seeking revenge." She started twisting her hands together nervously.

"While Black Pete and his crew were in Freetown not too long ago, one of his crewmen thought it would be fun to capture certain women around town and have his way with them." She stood up and started to pace.

"He thought it would be fun to chain and torture them. He used whips and daggers, mostly, but sometimes he used other methods. He also did...other...things. Things that drove most of them to kill themselves, even though they knew the consequences of their actions."

Alexa turned to face Arvin, eyes cold. "Only one of us survived. And I long to avenge those who were not strong enough to survive.

"He is out there, now. On Black Pete's ship. All I ask of you is the chance for me to avenge my friends."

4. Takara

Media:
    Feeling his insides turn ice cold as Alexa related her tale, Arvin grew more and more angered by what he was hearing. This kind of monstrous act sickened him. He was no champion of justice or anything, but the depths of this depravity... it could have been Liza...

With a tracery of fire kindling in his eyes, he looked over at Alexa.

"No matter how far we be goin', no matter how long the chase be goin', we'll get our revenge. I swear it to ye know, that I'll help ye in yer cause, so I will. And dont ye fear, fer yer part of us now, and we look after, and help, our own. This bastard will pay, ye can be sure o' that."

5. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Jean slowly came to his sense, and groaned, shaking his head.
    Waiting for his vision to become less blurry, he tried to rub his eyes, and noticed his arms were... stuck.
    Forcefully trying to free himself, he noticed that there was something hard stuck through his sleeves.
    Swearing under his breath, he pulled harder, but to no avail.
    "Oh damn Jean," he muttered to himself "you've really done it this time."
    Recalling what had happened, he remembered... He'd been listening in on the council, and suddenly, he'd felt a sharp pain on the back of his head... Then, all was black.
    Realising what must have happened, he went from disgruntled to slightly panicked... He must have been caught! This would result in keelhauling or whipping, at best... And probably in marooning.
    As his vision became clearer, he noticed he was being held up by two crewmen, and that almost the entire crew had gathered on the deck, with an irate-looking Turk standing in front of them.
    Realising there was little he could do now, he awaited his fate with grim determinination, while weighing his options... And coming up dry.
    Even if he could get his arms free, and even if they had left him a spare knife or two, he'd still be on a ship full of pirates... More then even he could take on.

6. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Along the edges of the crowd, Reeves eyed the crew with wise-eyed innocence that mde him feel sickened at himself, even if he knew that he was only pretending. It galled him, really, to pretend to be such a... wholesome whelp!

He was rather hopeful about the impending faith of the "spy"... he hoped it would be gory.

It would make him feel so much better about the whole thing.

7. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31

Alexa felt some of the tension within her body relax as she listened to Arvin's words. She might finally be able to find some inner peace.

"Thank you, Captain. It means a lot to hear you say that, especially since the people of Freetown did not consider me to be one of them. They wouldn't accept me, not being a 'proper' woman. Not after what happened to me."

She looked at Arvin intently. "Sir, if it is possible, I would not like this to go beyond the two of us. At least for now. The memories are still too fresh."

With that, Alexa turned to join the rest of the crew on deck, to cast her own vote as a member of the Maurader.

8. Arabwel

Media:
    Reeves felt twitchy.

He had no idea why, but he had a feeling that something was not going as planned; he did his best to concentrate on the promise of a good show, but for no avail.

Apparently, his fidgeting was noticeable, because one of the crew slapped him on the shoulder with a meaty, tar-stained hand.

Reeves spunn around, biting back an oath as he tensed, whipcord muscles fighting agaist the reflex of killing whomever had dared to touch him-

"Ah, lad, don' ye be so nervous!"" the sailor chortled, "Here! 'aave some!" he then proffered a flask to Reeves.

Reeves shook his head, his dark curls tumbling in a wild dissarray. "I... no thanks," he stammered in a rather good approximation of a scared youth.

"'ear that, lads? The whelp says 'e ain't wantin' rum! Ye ever hear of a sailor who wouldna be like that? 's moomm's milk to us seamen, boy, momma's milk!"

Reeves cursed. He should've just taken the vile drink instead of drawing attention to himsellf.

9. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Though Turk looked upset and commanding on the outside, on the inside, he was as nervous as anything. This was going to be his first major duty as Quartermaster, and while he knew it would come eventually, he hadn't plannned on it being so soon.

Turk had no desire to maroon the man, even if that was the captain's recommendation. Turk looked into the man's eyes and made a decision.

"Ye all know the rules of the ship, and ye all agreed ta follow them. 'ere is one of yer fellow crew members, and 'e be accused of breaking and seeking to break two of the articles ye all argeed to. Before judgement is given, he shall have a chance to speak."

10. Hugo Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Standing himself, Jean eyed the crowd, noticing only a small part of them were from the Marauders original crew, most of them having signed on only recently.

Starting his appeal, he spoke out: "Crewmen... I have been brought before you, on accusations of breaking the articles, by spying on the Captains Council. I don't deny it, because it's true. However, I don't see it as a 'violation of civil command'... I didn't try to challenge Arvins authority, nor have I given any indication to the contrary."
    Jean tried to get height of how the crew was responding, but although he had the attention of all, the audience was far from on his hands...

He continued: "But I am new on this vessel, like a good many of you are; I have noticed our captains seems to have a few scores to settle. The exact nature of those are none of my business, but their effect might get me killed. I'm willing to kill and risk death for gold in my pocket, but not about to go on a suicide run. So far Arvin has showed himself a cunning stratege, and a fine leader, but I fear he may be meeting his better... Our last, and my first, brilliantly planned attack went perfect... Except that we ran straight into a ruse. And we see our quarry slip away over the far horizon, just as we release what happened? A tad too convenient to be well, I'd say!"

Although he was getting nods here and there, most pirates were reluctant to speak out against their captain... Jeans words continued to flow from his lips, although his voice was turning a tad hoarse with fear

"Basically, I've done nothing but be prudent, for my own skin and that of others... Several of you wouldn't be standing here if it hadn't been for me and my knives. I owe some here a similar debt of blood... And I'm eager to continue spilling blood for our captain, but I prefer that to be the blood of our enemies! So I ask of you; do you condone a bit of thought, or would you rather be rid of it?"

Nodding to the gathered crew, for that was all he could do in the grasp of the two crewmen, he indicated to Turk that that was all.
    Judgement time.

11. The Kilted Crusader

Sol stepped forward, feeling angered at Jean's words, even though it was Turk's place to speak "Jean, firstly, this 'suicide run' as you call it, is to get our gold back and to mend the reputation of the Violet Marauder and her crew, not simply for Arvin's own fancy. Secondly, our enemies ruse at Hangman's Cove was well planned and I would well reckon that we would have come off worse if you, or anyone else for that matter, had planned our attack. Third, if you are not willing to follow Arvin fully and loyally into any situation, I doubt you are very well suited for this crew. Fourth, we are on Black Pete's tail, and I would say that that is better than letting him run away and turning into port to perhaps or perhaps not hear rumours of where he is. Lastly, you spoke the oath along with the rest of the crew and you blatantly and knowingly broke it, and I personally hope you will be well punished for that! This trial was for you to defend yourself, not voice your opinions on other matters." Sol stepped back, apologising to Turk for speaking out.

12. Takara

Media:
    Arvin walked up to his armoire, and rumaged through for a decent coat. He always liked to dress appropriately for ocassions such as this. He was still angered from the tale that Alexa had told him, and he felt fire still raging in his gut. Whoever this person was, he'd see him burn. But for now, he had this current unpleasantness to deal with. Finding something in red, he donned his coat. Then, selecting a broad brimmed hat, he straped on his saber.

Walking toward the door, he could hear murmers from the deck. Things must have already started.

Opening his door, he stepped out onto deck. Turk had just stopped speaking, and had allowed the prisoner, Jean, to speak. Descending the stairs, the proceeding were happening near the central mast. As such, all the crew had their backs to him. As he reached the bottom of the steps, Jeans words slowly drifted accross deck to him. What was being said made his blood run cold, and he felt the hackles rise on his neck.

The man was criticising him! He was actually sowing dissent amongst the crew! He had run a pirate vessel for over 15 years, and one reason only had kept him there. The respect of his crew. As soon as you lose that, your time is done.

Not only had this man saught to gain, at his crewmate's expense by spying, he was now trying to tarnsh "HIS" name, and sew dissent.

Enough was enough, it had gone too far, and he'd have words with Turk for allowing it. Drawing his pistol, he fired it into the air.

As the pistol went off, all voices stopped, and the crew turned, as one, to look at him.

Striding forward, the crew parted for him until he was standing in front of the prisoner.

"Challenging my authority? Calling me derranged? I dont be knowin' what yer game is here, but yer time is done."

Drawing his cutlass, he shoved it deep into the man's belly. A fatal wound, but one that would take him a while to die. Turning to Alexa, he glowered.

"Get yer surgeon's tools. I want this man to die in agony!"

13. Arabwel

Media:
    Reeves had to bite his lip to keep the look of uncertain pprehension on his face; the idea of the hopefully getting too witness the loudmouthed little psycho being cut into pieces by the competent-looking surgeon was making his heart race.

He tipped his head, letting his hair obscure his face as he ambled slowly closer, for he did not want anyone to notice the eager gleam of his eyes.

14. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31

Alexa smiled coldly and ran to her infirmary to get her equipment. At least she was going to be able to get some practice in killing someone painfully.

She came back out on deck, carrying several pieces of 'equipment' and a cloth bag. Considering her tools, Alexa's eyes harddened as she thought of the best way to give this fool some agony. She knelt next to the victim, drawing her dagger. Telling Arvin about her experience had brought the memories back to the surface, and now she had a way to release the horrors.

Alexa started to cut into his flesh, starting with the part that every member of the ship had, aside from herself. She smirked as she heard the howl of agony tear itself from Jean's throat. That cry alone gave her unneeded motivation to continue.

Ignoring the blood which was now spurting everywhere, Alexa looked up at Arvin. "Sir, would you step on his hands? Hard enough so that the bones will break?" She held Jean down, keeping him from trying to get away. The crunch of the delicate bones in the hands as well as the screams of pain that came from Jean was like music to her ears. She would have to remember these techniques for the future.

She nodded her thanks to Arvin and pulled out her dagger again. She paused, and reached into the bag that she had brought and pulled out a handful of salt. Humming a tune, she poured the salt over his wounds, starting with the one in his belly. She knew from personal experience how much salt in a wound hurt. The screams changed in pitch, higher now, more animal like.

Taking her dagger, Alexa started to cut long lines into both forearms, and watched as the blood flowed from the veins she had opened to the air. Still humming, she took another handful of salt and sprinkled it into those cuts as well. The screams of pain were now almost unbearable.

Gradually they died away, and Alexa stood up, holding her now bloody dagger in one hand. She ignored the fact that she was coated in the man's blood and turned to face Arvin.

"He is nearly gone, sir. Would you like to finish him off?" She handed her dagger to him, hilt first.

15. Arabwel

Media:
    Reeves' eyes were wide, and he was biting his lips hard enough to draw blood. It was better than he had expected; much better. He knew that most so-called tortures would not bother to be as delicate with their work as she was.

The salt was a nice touch, too... he knew quite well the effects. Although he had to admit that it was more effective when the victim was to live long with the wounds... this looked like it was endindg disappointingly soon.

Edit: typos

[ October 21, 2004, 21:09: Message edited by: Arabwel ]

16. Takara

Media:
    Arvin stood by and watched as Alexa started to work on Jean. He was going to take a keen interest in seeing Alexa's.... other talents. Accepting a bottle of rum from one of the crew, he took a large swig, as Alexa got down to it. As she worked, he did as she asked, more than willing to help aid her... ministrations.

As she slowly finished, he smiled happily., enjoying every scream she had brought forth. Bending down, he gratefully accepted the dagger. Whist he considered his next words, he poured a large quantity of rum over Jean's wounds, bringing forth more squeels of agony. Satisfied at the torture, he bent down and lifted the man's head forward by haluing on his locks of hair and plunged the dagger into the man's throat. As the warm blood slowly cascaded from the wound, the little light left in Jean's eyes.... faded. Letting the man's head drop to the deck with a thud, he smiled grimly, knowing that the message to the crew had been delivered. He was not soft, nor was he weak stomached. He was prepared to back up his position as captain, with cold blooded action.

Turning around, he walked toward the pirates standing in front of him.

"Ye were gathered here, to decide what was to be done with that mess there. Instead, ye can decide on something else. Those of ye who have sailed with me before know the kind o' pirate I be. Ye know what I be capable of.

Fer 15 years I've pirated these waters as captain. 15 YEARS! In that time, we've taken booty, and plunder, and no one questioned my role as CAPTAIN! In those 15 years, this ship has run... SUCCESSFULLY... by the rules layed down. The council has allowed every man aboard this here ship a voice. You talk to one of the pirates on the council, and they be talking to me. The coucil has ALWAYS had a say, and been consulted on ANYTHING we be doin'.

As a captain, I have 3 cares, and 3 cares ONLY! My SHIP, my CREW, and bringing us BOOTY! and that be it. If I'm not good enough, I'll stand aside, but that be a matter fer yer council!

Since we're all here, I'll bring a new matter fer ye all. Since me captaincy has been questioned, I'll break the usual rules, fer those of ye who be new! If any man... ANY... man, should feel to, ye can challenge me! It be yer right to challenge me fer the captaincy, and alter the rules of this here ship! That be open to any of ye! But if ye dont... then ye will accept me as yer CAPTAIN! ye will follow the rules of this ship, and the principle of the council! If ye be havin' a problem, ye take it to them! I will hear no more of this talk! If ye choose not to challenge, but are unhappy, then ye can be leavin' the ship... RIGHT NOW! There be the side.... feel free to leave!

So? any challenges? or are ye happy to be sailin' under me command?"

17. The Kilted Crusader

Sol was the first to call out "Arvin! Arvin!" before the rest of the crew took up the call.

Sol looked down at the bloody mess that was Jean, the mop handle still slipped through his sleeves. As bosun, he would have to see about having that cleared up. He motioned to another man, and together they hauled the body overboard in full view of he rest of the crew.

The sea turned red where he landed in the water, the blood flowing from his many wounds. Sol took one last glance before turning around to take up the call again.

18. Arabwel

Media:
    Hands trembling, Reeves made sure no one saw him as he departed. He could feel his veins buzz with suppressed exitement; excitement he had to supress before it'd blow his cover.

He had wanted - Oh, howw he'd wanted! - to take the captain up to his offer of a fight. He knew he'd have had more than a fair chance; despite his cdeceptively pretty appearance, he was more of a fighter than most men twice his bulk.

No; it was not fear of faiilure that had stayed him from screaming out a challenge; it was something else. It was the knowledge that Marius would have been angered... and Reeves did not want that to happen.

Leaning against the bulkhead, the dim light masking the darkening in his eyes, he flicked out a sharp dagger from a wrist-sheath.

He needed to spill blood.

No matter whose.

(edit:typos)

[ October 22, 2004, 03:07: Message edited by: Arabwel ]

19. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31

Alexa joined the call, acclaiming Arvin as the captain of the Maruader. No matter what, she swore to herself, she would stay loyal to him. He earned her loyalty the minute he swore that he would aid her as she sought her own revenge.

She noticed that several of the crewmen were staring at her in shock. She suspected that they had never seen a woman do such things and be so casual about it. As the reaction of the events set in, she realized that she was exhausted, and coated in the now dead man's blood. Alexa was grateful that the body had been thrown overboard already. She retrieved her dagger from where it had been thrown onto the deck, and wiped it clean on a dry spot on her clothes.

Alexa grimaced as she felt the blood drying on her skin. She walked over to Arvin, and bowed her head slightly. "You have my support, Captain, no matter what." She smiled wryly. "If you will excuse me, I need to clean up. If you need me, I'll be in my cabin."

With that, Alexa left the main deck, smiling inwardly as crewmen hastily got out of her way.

20. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Turk had been silent through out the entire episode. It wasn't until the crew had stopped shouting Arvin's name, and Alexa had left the deck that Turk began to move again. As the captain began to make his way back to his cabin, Turk stepped in front of him.

"Captain," Turk began, loud enough that the crew stopped dispersing and looked up at the two men. "Captain, we need to talk. You 'ave just spoke about articles we 'ave all agreed to, including yourself." Arvin looked at him, an unknowing look in his eyes.

Turk continued, "Well, it is my duty to tell ya tha' ya 'ave broken our law. You 'ave disobeyed the articles tha we all agreed ta follow. It is my duty to punish the men on this ship, if an' when the crew decides it neccessary. But ya took matters inta yer own 'ands. And in doin so, ya broke the fifth article. An it falls upon me to 'and out the punishment."

Turk reached into his shirt and pulled out a rusted key. He walked through the crew to the chest secured to the mast. He used the key to open the chest and pull out a long leather bull whip.

Turk faced the captain. "You an I are both friends, but we both have job's ta do. An mine is to 'and out the punishments. An' for your crime, should the crew find ya guilty, it falls to Moses' Law."

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.