1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Pirates of the Sorcerean - A dawn at sea

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Lokken, Oct 15, 2003.

1. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

She turned to face the captain and Dante who just arrived.
    "As you will Dante. Captain, I hope you will decide who can be spared and who is needed back here to control the ship while the plunder is going on."

As George came abourd the ship, she frowned upon him. If one of the crew was a loony, it was this one.
    "We're boarding a merchantmen, sir."

2. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    "Really now." George said, rubbing his hands together in anticipation. "Say, Ms Ta...nner, I'm not recommending AGAINST it, but would it be wise to attack the ship and risk drawing attention to ourselves, THEREFORE causing potential crew lose, when we still have killer bullfrogs guarding the millions of stones of Ruthbarb to fight?"

3. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

Tanya narrowed her cold steel eyes as she glared at George.
    "It's Tanya or ma'am, clear? or perhaps you'd rather I test this new profession and take your hide to make a new flag?" she says coolly.

"As for casualties, I want a fully functional ship remaining, and all those that do go, should go on their own whim and foolishness. If it was left to me there'd be no such thing as silly pirating like this when going for the biggest treasure known to man, but with a crew like this..." she shrugs "There is little dedication to what seems beyond that which you can see is within your grasp."

4. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    "Un-huh." George nodded. "Fair enough, I suppose, ma'am Tanya. Might I ask a question, are YOU planning on staying on the ship?"

5. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

Tanya raises an eyebrow, slightly surprised by the question.
    "I'll leave that to the captain's judgement. I suppose he knows best what to stay back here on this ship."

6. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

"Well," said Peyweth. "Methinks you need t' be stayin'. I'm not missin' this raid fer anything, and we be needing someone to keep an eye on the ship."

7. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

Tanya smirked at the captain's reply.

"Excellent. I'll leave it to you to chose your men then."

8. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    "Well then," George decided. "I am going to stay here and harass Breadloaf. Bye bye."
    Nodding to Mr. Fabian on the way past, he stroded off to the kitchens.

9. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

"Right! Weasel, Dante, and anyone else who feels like comeing, git 'ere now!"

The crew members scrambled around, and Peyweth picked seventeen other people at random. "Rightio, here be the raidin' crew!"

10. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Although Nimue quailed slightly at the sight of the longboat, Mister Fabian pushed her forward. "This is the perfect opportunity to test that charm against seasickness you've been working on," he whispered into her ear. "Focus on the raid and you won't have time to be ill. You have to learn to overcome this if you want to become a Steward."

11. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Weasel stood leaning, as he always did, on the railings. He was toying idly with his rapier. "We off then? Or do we need to blabber some more?"

12. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    As the longboat carrying the raiding party glided silently away from the Ariel, Mister Fabian hoped that they'd be able to release their bloodlust without too much bloodshed. Nimue's talents didn't extend to healing, and the conflict of interest between pirates and their targets always tested the limits of the Steward's oath. Mister Fabian's loyalties had come down squarely on the side of the pirates many years ago, but that didn't mean that he could simply sail away from a foundering ship full of injured sailors.

[ October 17, 2003, 16:19: Message edited by: Rallymama ]

13. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

Tanya stepped up next to Fabian, as they looked after the longboat.
    "I've been pondering. This thing you're looking for, wouldn't it be better destroyed if it's as dangerous as you make it sound?"

14. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    "Can knowledge ever be destroyed, Ma'am? It can perhaps be supressed for a time, but if one person was able to discover something, eventually someone else will find his way to the same learning." Mister Fabian produced two cigarettes and they smoked for a while in silence. "Besides, it's not the knowledge itself that's dangerous, it's how it might be used. At the moment, I think the Elders of the Order are best qualified to assess the Lorebooks and determine what should be done with them."

Tanya looked at him sharply, his unstated words hanging between them as heavily as the smoke. "And if 'the moment' changes? What will you do then?"

"That, Ma'am, is what keeps me awake at night." Mister Fabian finished his cigarette in one long drag. His words were cavalier but his tone was entirely serious.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.