1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Pirates of the Sorcerean: Fair Winds, Foul Weather

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Rallymama, Nov 14, 2003.

1. DarkGoddess Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Kassandra folded her arms over her chest and said, "Well, aren't you the steward around here? Can't you just create some mythical beast of destruction to kill them off or something like that?"

2. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Mister Fabian laughs. "An illusion of one, perhaps, for magic can't create life, only imitate it. Or summon it... but who knows what will come if I try to call a myth?"

He shakes his head briefly. "I'd best get back to deck and make the Admiral think I'm following his orders - unless you have something in mind, Ma'am?" Mister Fabian's bearing makes it clear that he still considers Tanya to be very much in charge of the ship.

3. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Nimue walks up to Fabian as he leaves the cabin, "Fabian. I know eavesdropping is an awful habit, but there's two things I need to talk to you about. Both are very important.

"Firstly, I don't trust the Admiral, as I'm sure you don't; he may love his daughter, but she disobeyed him, and furthermore, I think he is quite disoriented by how much she's changed. Nevertheless - don't, please don't even think about, summoning a monster! You know very well that it was this that led to Perry's undoing. Can we control it? Is there no way this can be done with less of a loss of life? I've learned my lesson from the Storm, Fabian...EVERY life is precious. Every life should be protected.

"And secondly...." she leans over and whispers into Fabian's ear, and after a few moments draws away and finishes, "Be careful! She doesn't need anymore heartache."

She turns and walks off towards the prow of the ship, looking for George. There's another thing I have to deal with, she thinks to herself. Annoying as it is, she sets her mind into a business-like mentality as she approaches the man.

"George," she sais quietly. "I'd like to talk to you, if you have a moment."

4. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    George blinked once or twice and nodded. "Well, alright then. Go ahead."

5. Tiamat Gems: 17/31

Nimue sais, coldly, "WELL. I noticed you've been looking somewhat different lately. Oh, and that's not meant to be a compliment on your appearance, by the way. I have to ask you - where do your loyalties lie? Everybody is allowed to have their own opinion on matters, certainly, but I will not permit someone to be a danger to the others on this ship."

6. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    "Heh, well. That's a good question, because I've been thinking that myself." he caught Nimue's very hostile glance and decided that now is not a good time for jokes. "Well. Seeing as ol' William probably hates me now...maybe...maybe not...probably not, actually, but my loyalties probably lies with you folk. Tanya's folks. I admit to be sent here by him, but you probably got that already, but now...I'm with you."

7. Tiamat Gems: 17/31

Nimue nods. "That's good. I'll give you a warning, though...make sure your loyalties stay with us. I'm willing to give you the benefit of a doubt, and say that you can be trusted. The thing is, I may give you a chance, but the thing about turncoats is that nobody knows if they will betray you as well, in turn. I hope you have a real reason to give your loyalty to us, other than simply fear of de Trinst. Oh and...when I say I am giving you a chance, I'm giving you a chance, and I will defend you - until you prove me wrong."

8. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Mister Fabian considers Nimue's advice. "I fear you're right, my dear. That would certainly make working together... awkward, at best. Nimue, if you're to be Initiated when we return, you might as well act as lead Steward for the remainder of this voyage. That will give me time to study those Lorebooks before facing the Elders, and..." He glances back to Tanya's closed cabin door. "I think making myself scarce for a while may be in order."

9. Tiamat Gems: 17/31

<Well, flow of time disrupted here, but who cares...>[I/]

Nimue nods to Fabian, her usual cynical demeanor dissolving in a pleased smile. "Lead Steward? Alright, consider it done. If you need me for something, and think fresh air might not be in order, you still have the crystal. I'll keep you updated...and, promise me you won't do anything dangerous. Being rash is MY specialty, not yours."

10. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Tanya felt an urge to curse at Fabian, but merely bited her teeth hard and dived into a thoughtful pose. When asked for any changes in plan, she gave Fabian a hard stare, "I trust my blood."
    Of course the Admiral wouldn't ram anything with this ship!

As he left, she turned to look at Kassandra, studying the girl's features. This was a new one.
    "You're new, aren't you? I'm Tanya, first mate. As for the stewards, there's probably nothing we can summon that the stewards on the royal ships can't put away again."
    Tanya nodded to herself, then gestured Kassandra to follow her to the deck.
    "Please, come with me. I sense potential in you."

On the deck, they can see the tailing ships and the Pride. Holding forth her spyglass, Tanya pointed to the Pride that sailed some distance behind them. It was obvious that the ship would fail the race in a few days time.
    "I've just thought up the most insane plan of all time. But I'm still not sure.. look at it. What would you do if you were in my position?"

She let Kassandra get a look on the situation, but before given chance to speak, Tanya continued.
    "That ship is bound to lose and all the crew on it either die from at sea or from a broadside.. if not captured and convicted of piracy before the judges of the crown. Can we sacrifice them? Do we really have a choice.."
    Her voice trailed off in bitterness, yet her steel eyes observed with calm precision the locations and speed of the different vessels. Cunning or sacrifice, there was no alternative. Maybe one alternative..
    She casted a glance at her father at the wheel.

[ November 16, 2003, 22:00: Message edited by: Lokken ]

11. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Meatloaf rang the food bell. As the first lot of crew stormed in to eat their food Meatloaf decided to take a break from his cooking. Walking out onto the deck, Meatloaf almost fell over when he saw the navy officer they'd caputred steering the boat.

Grabbing the nearest pirate he whispered to him, in a worried voice, "The navy officer is making an escape! He's driving the boat!" But the pirate mearly shruged and went on his business.

Deciding that no one else was going to do anything about it Meatloaf raced back into his kitchen where he'd left his sword. Drawing it he ran out of the room screaming "We're under attack! We're under attack! The navy's taken over the ship!"

12. DarkGoddess Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Kassandra looked hard at Tanya, scrutinizing every inch of her visible persona. It was strange, the vibe that she got from the first mate. The first time she had laid eyes on her, on Sorrow's Rock, she was possessed by an undead abomination, so naturally, she was a bit afraid of what this Tanya was capable of.

Truth be told, after just listening to her now, Kassandra was still afraid of what she was capable of. She didn't like the idea of sacrificing anyone to the Navy, especially after her little experience with the would-be rapist. This woman is an enigma. I just can't figure her out at all.

She shrugged as she looked back out at sea, barely making out the ships that were trying to gain on them. It wouldn't happen, Kassandra realized. This ship was built for speed, and those heavy Navy ships had a snowball's chance in hell of catching them. Still, she worried about the other pirates who were on the Pride, who were trying to catch them as well.

And that's when Kassandra's misgivings about the Ariel's first mate kicked in. She was willing to sacrifice her own men, her very friends, just for her freedom, and that made Tanya a very hard person to like. Although, they still had a little time, maybe they could pull something off.

"I don't like the thought of having to leave your men to the Navy, Tanya," she admitted, looking Tanya straight in the eye. "I don't feel that it's quite necessary just yet. But, we still have a little time for this insane plan of yours. Whatever it is, count me in, for now."

"For now? Is that a threat?"

Kassandra let out a peal of laughter. "You're the first mate here. I wouldn't dream of threatening you when you could so easily have me killed just by saying so. But, I'm still not one of your men that you can order around. I'll do what you ask of me, unless it's something I disagree with."

She sighed as she leaned against the wooden railing of the ship, staring a bit blankly out at sea. "You can hate me if you want, but that's my only condition to working with you. All you have to do is say the word, and I'll follow your command easily. It's certainly better then serving the Navy, I think."

Tanya laughed softly. "Potential indeed. Let me think on your offer."

"You do that, Tanya, but don't worry. Once I give my loyalty to you, I'll follow you into the Gates of the Underworld. Just let me know before the Admiral leads us all to our deaths."

13. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

"Good, summon the men on deck after supper. We have little time to spare for preparations. And trust me, if this works we're leaving nothing to the Navy except for shattered timber, cannon balls and the epic defeat of a century. If we fail, well.. 'tis said it's destined to fail."
    She winked at Kassandra, and suddenly heard Meatloaf call. She ran towards him on the deck and grabbed his swordarm wrist, holding him tight till he steadied.
    "Meatloaf! Relax! He's ok. He's the best sailor there is on the seas, and he's helping us out of here. Now gather the men, I'm sure all are weary and ready to take pleasure in whatever you might serve them."
    She smiled at him, for all the odd reasons in the world, she would have to admit that a good cook was probably one of the most admirable people in the world. They brought you the small wonders in life, and how little time you spent on them.
    "I'll be right down."

Heading to Fabian's quarters, she knocked gently on the door.
    "Fabian, got a minute?"

14. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    "Of course, Ma'am, do come in." As he stood aside for her to enter his cabin, he closed the Lorebook he had been reading and set a shimmering ward around all three volumes. Why should I bother? She probably has Perry's memories of every word, anyway.

15. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

Closing the door behind her, Tanya glanced at the lorebooks. Slightly amused, she asked teasingly, "Finding anything useful?"

She seated herself in a chair of the cabin and looked at Fabian with a smile, then took put on a mask of firm decision.
    "Really though, I've made up my mind. Yet I need to ask you.. if you haven't found it already."
    she nodded to the books.
    "I've decided board the Pride, and lead the men there to the best of ability. I'm going to summon a storm of disruption to sow confusion and safety from magical intervention.. the royal stewards will be no more useful than normal sailors, but.. nor will we. I tell you because.. you're wise and unless if you have something better to suggest, I'll do it this way."

16. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Mister Fabian leans against the closed cabin door. "You're not starting your magical career small, are you? At least you've chosen something neutral that arguably isn't an attack... But just what do you have in mind to do, once you've disabled the magic?"

17. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

"The right thing.."
    she let it hang in the air for a few moments, before continuing.

"Dont play the fool, by the knowledge I have now my career is longer than yours. But enough of that, my goal is to disable the many stewards of power on the royal ships. You know as well as I the people on the pride don't stand a chance if staying on ship. So I'm preparing a scheme, I've seen Ruthbarb's raids, I've been on my father's ship and I know everything there is to know of royal warfare. If we can surprise them, we'll have a frigate instead of a merchantmen. I know blood will flow, but better it be the one of our enemies than our friends."

She eyes Fabian to see what he thinks of it, then smiles.
    "I'm afraid I have inherited all of Perry's ambition. Yet, there is no way I'm going to abandon my men on the Pride."

18. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    "That's the issue at hand, isn't it - how to get away with as many men alive as possible, and without swinging from a gallows as soon as we set foot in port. Be straight with me, Ma'am - what do you have in mind for the Pride, and how can I help keep those men alive before you disable me?"

Mister Fabian fervently hopes that Tanya's common sense is able to keep Perry's ambition in check.

19. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

"You can't. I'll steer the Pride so it appears to be on a suicide course away from the Ariel. Most likely the navy will decide to let one of the two pursuing frigates deal with the ship as it has no cannons. It will be blasted to kingdom come. However, before so all aboard will abandon ship and swim with me in a doable dive to the other side of the frigate and sneak aboard the frigate hopefully dealing a powerful blow of surprise in their joy of victory. This will be the hard part, a battle on uneven odds in the confusion of the storm. If we win, there's a chance we'll succeed. If we fail.. we'll then we died fighting."

20. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    "You might not be bound by the Steward's Oath, but I still am, no matter what you think of it. Before I can condone this, you have to convince me how an attack on a Royal Navy ship serves the crew better than a simple escape."

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.