1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Pirates of the Sorcerean: No Peace on the Rock

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Rallymama, Oct 30, 2003.

1. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    George eyed the treasure curiously. So, this is the treasure of Ruthbarb. Not as amazing as I thought. Regardless, he scoured around the room for something valuable, and preferably small. He found just what he was looking for in a corner.
    It was a small ring, ladened with beautiful gems and rubies. But it wasn't that George was interested in. It was its origins. Even an idiot to magic like George knew what it was, the Ring of Sal, the God of wealth and luck. Legend has it that whoever wears this ring will get just that. Even if it didn't work, George thought, he could still sell it for millions and millions.
    But now, something to prove that he was indeed here. He chose this time the fanciest loots and pocketed those, and in the end, he took a sword and wore it on his belt.

2. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Dante cursed, and tossed off the circlet on his head. Drawing his sabre, he stood close to Nimue and watched his surroundings warily.

3. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

"It's Tanya," Nimue sais to Meatloaf. "Or rather, the force that's possessing her, which Fabian and I think is the long-dead Steward Llewellyn Perry. Don't worry about fighting," she adds sympathetically. "Nobody really knows what they're doing, the first time. Basically, you just dodge another person trying to stick a sword in you, or shove your own sword in their way, and if you get a chance, shove it through them. Finesse and style come afterwards - after survival."

She then turns to George, "Don't get too disappointed, George. There's probably much more gold in the next couple of rooms. But don't get too happy either, because we have to fight for it."

4. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Overhearing Meatloaf's distress Dante turns to him. "Stick close to me if you're worried. I'll do what I can to keep you alive."

5. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    As the room echoes with Perry’s thunder, Ruthbarb aproaches Mister Fabian. “Did I hear ye rightly, that ye dinna ken wha’ it means to be a Magus?” The ghost rolled its eyes. “You Stewards are too secretive fer yer own good, ye are… Well, I picked up a bit o’ learnin’ on it from Perry, so let me fill ye in.

“Magus is th’ highest rank a Steward can reach, there’s only been six since the Order was founded. Perry wanted th’ title with his every breath, and never did ken why all he did wasn’ good enow t’ earn it. It’s supposed t’ open pathways t’ new power – he babbled legends abou’ controlling time, an’ causing instant death, an’ other such. Ye canna muddle i’ all out now when ye need t’ prepare for Perry, but I think ye can buy yerself enow time t’ page through those books an’ understand yer foe.

“Knowledge an’ magic aren’ subject t’ time, me boy, any more than a ghost is. Open yer mind t’ th’ source o’ yer power an’ let yerself step outside time.”

Mister Fabian does as Ruthbarb suggests, turning his awareness inward to the power that he’s always known. This time, however, he sees something new – he sees where the power flows into him, the streams and inlets that feed the tidepools of his soul. As he watches a wave breaks over the jetty of his ego, the barrier that keeps him distinct as an individual, filling him with the power of the infinite. He dives into the wave as it recedes and lets it carry him over the rocks, into that eternal sea.

The power fills him but he doesn’t drown, he becomes one with it. Opening his eyes he sees the treasure chamber, the pirates frozen in the process of collecting their booty. He is able to draw Nimue to his side, however, as he steps to the pedestal. She sinks down to the floor and swiftly peruses Miranda’s volume as the Lorebooks open at his touch, Ruthbarb guiding his hand as he turns the pages. The spells flow into his mind but there is much more to be had… Perry had used the volumes as his journals, logging the results of his experiments and research, recording his aspirations and frustrations. Mister Fabian is both astonished by the breadth of what Perry had discovered and appalled by the depths to which he was wiling to sink to do so.

Another wave carries him back into himself and they flow back to the present. It would take time to process what he had just learned, but he knows that he can use whatever he needs. He looks into Nimue’s eyes. “I can do it, Nimue, with your help I can do it. It’s all there. Did you find your answers?”

[ November 11, 2003, 18:26: Message edited by: Rallymama ]

6. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Perry blinked a little and seemed disturbed by a force, then took a deep breath as his cold gaze shiften from soldier to soldier. One by one they fell to the ground, as if all power of life had left them. Remaining in front of him stood St John and William.
    Perry suddenly suddenly raised a hand to stop John as he spoke.

"Wait John, guard instead your sire against all. Fail and you'll be target of my wrath, things are about to change.."

The figure of Tanya then headed off the beach, a ball of fire splashing into the ground near her.
    Ah, I sense your return. They dispelled you? Hehe, I thought they would. You are dead to them Tanya, alone, abandoned.. by all except me. You pain yourself with too many accusations, I will show you something, make an offer to your justice as you constantly seem to get in the way.. a purpose."
    Walking far into the island, he smirked as he saw the burning fires around him starting to eat away the forest and plain. The temple construct which was the entrance to the maze loomed on the hill as Perry approached it.
    Ready yourself to abandon everything, Tanya. I was once the adventuring soul myself, but I've seen. Soon you will see.
    The dark entrance swallowed him, as he descended into the depths of the giantic construct.

7. Tiamat Gems: 17/31

"Just get Perry in here and keep him occupied," Nimue responds. "I think that I can get him disembodied for you...that is, if I'm reading this blasted language correctly. Hand me the red, green, and blue chalk please," she sais, pulling white chalk out of her belt-pouch and beginning a series of complex diagrams on the cold stone floor. "The rest of you," she sais to the assembled men, "Stay WELL away from me and the floor I've written on. I'd appreciate someone to guard my back, as well."

8. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    "PERRY! COME END THIS NOW!"

Mister Fabian's call is felt throughout the island as much as it is heard. St. John and the Admiral look at each other briefly before dashing into the opening that the figure of Tanya had taken. Even without light they follow an unerring path through the labyrinth, moving steadily towards Destiny.

9. Tiamat Gems: 17/31

Nimue continues to draw her diagram on the floor as strange winds whip through her soul. Feeling Perry's presence approaching, she takes her sword and moves to the north position on the circle. Salt spills onto the ground and she begins her invocation....

10. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Stepping away from the thing Nimue was drawing on the floor, Meatloaf looked up at Dante.

"It might be you I need protecting from if this Perry is that powerful."

11. DarkGoddess Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Kassandra stood away from the others, hiding in plain sight, as it were. She didn't trust any of these pirates as far as she could throw them, but out of common courtesy, she didn't invade their space. She supposed out of necessity that there was safety in numbers, but she didn't like the idea of travelling with magic users.

Her eyes scanned over the two Stewards as she unconsciously frowned. She didn't like Stewards, and she hated magic even more. Anything that she couldn't see or fight, she distrusted, and she knew that any sort of magic user could render her useless with a mere thought, and that scared her and always kept her on her guard.

But, these two were different. She got a feeling from them that didn't exactly calm her nerves, but they didn't make her skin crawl either. Still, the female was definitely someone to watch. It wasn't everyday that Kassandra saw a crystalized flame rotating around someone's head. And she acted like it was completely natural, an everyday occurance. Perhaps, it was, Kassandra thought grimly. She had never seen the likes of this crew before. Maybe they flaunted their obvious magical talent because they knew that they were unstoppable.

She let out a soft chuckle as she shook her head, attempting to clear her head of such thoughts. They were nothing like the energies that she felt on this island. Not to mention that they didn't attack her on sight was another saving grace. As usual, Kassandra was just thinking the worst of her company, of people she didn't know. And the thought that she just may have to put some trust with these strangers turned her stomach. She had never trusted easily, and never had she ever been in a position where she needed to rely on total strangers. But, this was no ordinary walk in the park, and Kassandra found that if she wanted to survive, she would have to do things that she had never done before.

Reluctantly, her attention was drawn to the treasure that sit there, plain as day, ready to be pilfered. She walked over to it, making sure not to make any eye contact with the pirates or draw attention to herself. She dipped her hand into the gold and grabbed a fistful. Father, you died for this gold. Even though you shall never touch it, your daughter has, and I hope that you may now find peace. Kassandra sighed as she found a small brown pouch and dropped her handful of gold coins into it. She may not be on a treasure hunt, but she was still a privateer, and she'd be a fool to not take a small part of the treasure for her own. She frowned and then quickly snagged and dropped various gems into the pouch, then tied it shut and dumped it into her boot, just for good measure.

"He will ne'er be free, ye know."

Kassandra looked up and saw the ghost of Captain Ruthbarb hovering next to her. "I have fulfilled my father's dreams of having this treasure, spirit, of course he will rest."

"Heh, yer father said ye were smart, my dear Kassandra. The bastard Perry used yer father's essence to make 'is own stronger, do ye think that by merely gainin' some booty will free 'is soul? Ye know what must be done, ye know that Perry must be vanquished."

Kassandra let out a harsh chuckle. "That's no concern of mine. I'm more then sure the Stewards are prepared to deal with the one who killed you all. I came here for one purpose and one purpose only. Now that it is fulfilled, I'll be leaving this damnable rock forever."

"And if Perry does live, do ye honestly think that he'll let ye waltz off this accursed rock? Ye'll be dead, as will the others."

"Well, what do you expect me to do?! I am no Steward! I have no dominion over all things magical!"

"Do what's right if yer heart, lass. Help the Stewards if they need ye, and rest assured, they will. If not for them, do it for yer father, and yer own life. All are needed to kill Perry, then, and only then can we truly be free."

Kassandra sighed gruffily. Her father's, no, everyone's soul was at stake if she didn't make her choice now. But, it was so hard, she was never a trusting soul. But, it was a matter of her life, still old habits die hard.

"I...I'll try, Captain. I don't want to die here. I'll try."

Ruthbarb smiled upon Kassandra, obviously pleased with her answer. "That's all we can ask of ye, child." He gasped as he looked past his shoulder, staring at something unseen, but felt. "Be on yer guard, bonny lass. The evil one comes."

Kassandra nodded to Ruthbarb and drew her weapon. It wouldn't be much, but whatever the Stewards asked of her, she would have to give, or they would all be doomed.

12. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Seeing the new comer draw her sword Meatloaf smiled.

"Glad you've decided to join us. By the sounds of those Steward peoples we'll need your help. Hope you're more use to fighting than me mind it. What more can you expect from a simple cook, mind you," Meatloaf rambled on in a scared voice. "Well, ummm, I'm Meatloaf. What's your name"

13. DarkGoddess Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Kassandra glanced over at the cook and smiled. She heard the slight tremble in his voice and had thought that it would be best if she answered him. She knew that in order to beat this...Perry, that they would all need to have a clear head.

"I would hardly think that this would be a place for a cook, but then again, not many serving wenches here either. You can call me Kassandra, and yes," she said, twirling her rapier around, "you could say that I'm a bit of a fighter. I'm not prepared to die here today, no. Far too many things for me to leave my mark on."

14. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Sensing Perry's approach, Mister Fabian wracks his brain for a way to protect the pirates. The last thing he wanted to see was his shipmates being used as fuel for Perry's sorceries, dying as soulless husks. Enough life had already been wasted on this barren Rock.

His glance falls briefly on his left wrist, catching sight of the bracelet there. It would hide his aura, but could it be used to shield the others' life-force from Perry's notice? He couldn't take what he couldn't find, and if all the pirates appeared the same as Ruthbarb's ghostly crew...

Mister Fabian fashions a quick spell and draws upon the sea of energy, extending the power of the bracelet to all he can touch. He makes a circuit of the room, touching each Pirate briefly on some area of exposed flesh. George, Desmond, Jackie... A woman he had never seen before gives a start and raises her rapier when his touch interrupts her conversation with Meatloaf, but Mister Fabian hurries onward. Dante, Tom, Archer... There is no time for explanations. He hopes he can protect all of the crew before Perry arrives.

[ November 12, 2003, 15:24: Message edited by: Rallymama ]

15. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

After showing Tanya his revelation, Perry hears Fabian's call out. He sighs and conjures the shadows to form another pathway through his home. This intruder has to learn!

From the piles upon piles of gold, a sound of rolling coins started to increase as by a strange force the treasure formed a pair of giant five foot tigers. Growling towards the band of pirates, they stood ready to leap at command.

"Fabian.. it is you that want to end this, not I. You're the intruder, the thief, the one who has already convicted me, and desires to kill me too. I greet you sincerely, apprentice. You have only little more to learn to continue my legacy."
    The voice rolled around the cave room, and from the shadows shot a ray of darkness forming a spherical soundless void around Nimue. From the shadows appeared Perry with a raised arm to hold the bond of the dark prison around Nimue.

With a grim smile, the face of Tanya gazed upon Fabian.
    "She is sewered from the magical currents, Fabian, helpless. You know you could get me with her sacrifice, do you dare such a feat? Are you worthy of your knowledge or just another powermonger?"

One of the tigers came strolling up to Perry's side, while the other closed slowly in on the remaining crew.

16. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    "The Order sent me to retrieve your legacy, Perry, to make sure that it would continue. I would rather do so without death - hers or yours. No power is worth the price of life."

17. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

"The Order" he sneered.

"They're fools sitting far away not realizing the dangers unfold. Intersting answer however, do you find life worth the price of power?"

18. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Pondering Perry’s question makes Mister Fabian think of his father. He had been a consummate power broker, walking the corridors of kings and princes, guiding policy with a whispered word in the right ear, pulling the strings that would realize the intent of casual royal proclaimations while dampening their unintended harm. But he had also seen the costs of power – monarchs bound by tradition, unhappy men forced onto paths they didn’t want to take – and when those costs threatened his family, he had walked away without regret.

“Power without life is meaningless, and nothing is more dangerous than power that takes a life of its own. If I had to choose, I’d exchange power for life.”

[ November 12, 2003, 20:26: Message edited by: Rallymama ]

19. Lokken Gems: 26/31

Veteran

"Would you sacrifice yourself for a greater cause, someone else dear to you?"
    Perry casts a quick glance to Nimue still encased in the darkness, then once more looks at Fabian.
    "Go against the order? Destroy the circle? or do you believe that we can all sit down around a cup of tea and behave like gentlemen? Tell me, Fabian. What do you believe will happen when you bring my books?"

20. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    "My life for a Cause, or my life for Nimue's? They're very different things, you know - Causes tend to be the worst possible form of power run amok. There's no better way to make people stop thinking than to recruit them to a Cause.

"As for the Order, do you think I came here blind? The Elders confuse passivity with apathy, and think I'm their patsy. But have you forgotten that obediance to the Order isn't mentioned in the Steward's Oath? What I'll do with your books once away from this place remains to be seen."

[ November 12, 2003, 20:08: Message edited by: Rallymama ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.