1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Pirates of the Sorcerean

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Aikanaro, Sep 30, 2003.

1. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

"I suppose he hopes to intimidate you into paying somesuch debt," Nimue shrugs. "Little does he know. However, I would say you're fairly accurate in your assessment of the crew...personally, I think that this ship's only hope for efficiency is that it's first mate is a woman," she smirks. "Men do not know how to organize. Most women too for that matter, so maybe I should be careful. But I still think that profit can be enough of a motive to bring even the most honorable to treachery."

2. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    "What think you of the ex-marine, Dante? So far his only loyalty seems to be to the bottle. I may have to lace his rations with a sobriety potion..."

3. Tiamat Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

"Frankly, anyone who's not in possession of their full faculties of reason...whether it be due to inebriation or to insanity...is an enormous danger to us all," Nimue replies scornfully. "As dangerous as any of the monsters you mentioned, and should be reacted to as quickly as one such."

4. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

As the sun slowly sinks behind the horizon the Ariel, sailing along peacefully, is slowly fulled with a wonderful smell of cooked food.

Inside the Galley, Meatloaf has just finished laying out all the tables as proper tables should be set out. A collection of knives and forks all where they should be, and of course a cloth napkin.

Meatloaf quickely runs across the room to see if the door is jammed shut, and once sure of this he begins the long process of dishing out the vegtable soup for the crew and captain.

Once all the soup is served Meatloaf un-jams the door and rings the huge bell, which he guesses is designed to let people know their dinner is ready.

5. Errol Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Weasel, content that the ship is (for now) in (reasonably) safe hands, sat with his back to the mast pole, slid down, and fell asleep.

What most people wouldn't realise about his posture however, was that he slept with one eye half open, and his hand by his blade. Just incase some wierded crewman or joltheaded steward decides to 'trip' over me he thought.

6. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

Tanya ran her hands through her long blonde hair, and stepped down into the galley, her boots making her approach very audible. Looking over the half filled table, she recognized many from her crew and smiled at them.
    "Bloody fine departure today lads. I hope you will keep the same line of dicipline till we're back again. There's always a keg of rum for celebrating special events, so there's something to look forward to. Now where's Meatloaf, and what has he made us?"

Several of the members cheered at the mention of rum, and a little man with a mustache and dark blue bandana around the head gestured to a seat at the table.
    "Have a seat, Ma'am. 'Tis soup, but with no meat in'it! 'Tis ok though.. Dunno where he be, Ma'am, up there somewhere.." he pointed towards the dishes and the big bell in the other end of the room.

"Ah well, I'll guess I'll settle for this then, Max."
    She smiled at the little man and sat down at the table next to Leonard she had known since her third voyage. She leant close to him and whispered, "I have a special job for you Leonard. Aside from your ordinary tasks, I would like you to, when able, keep an eye for this... Mr. Fabian and his sidekick. For whatever reason they might be here, I don't like it hidden in shadows."
    "I understand, Tanya. I'll see what I can do," he nodded and silently turned to his food.

Taking a spoonful of the soup and peering strangely at it, Tanya decided to close her eyes and sniff it before tasting it.

7. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

After the soup had been finished Meatloaf brought out two spictacular looking roast pigs.
    Followed shortly by a large keg of rum which was received greatly by the crew.

Sitting down next to Tanya, with out any cup in his own hand, smiles.

"So, what'd ya think of your new cooks cooking, aye?"

8. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Mister Fabian chose a seat at the table slightly removed from the crewmen. Pirates weren't known for their table manners and he wasn't about to have his clothes ruined by these slobs.

The quality of the soup did a lot to improve his mood, and he was quite impressed by the sight of the roast pigs. The classic accompaniments - onion and apple chutney, boiled potatoes, braised cabbage - were perfect. Mister Fabian was finishing seconds when he beckoned Meatloaf over.

"An excellent meal, my friend. Your skills in the galley bode well for this voyage. I look forward to serving on this ship with you. If I can be of any service, don't hesitate to ask."

9. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

"Seems very fine sir, however I must warn you not to spoil the crew the too much. First when we're on sea we have limited supplies, of food, water and rum. Just make sure there's enough for the whole trip, both ways. But indeed it looks good, I guess we can allow some celebrating having gotten successfully out of harbor."
    She smiles and rises, patting Meatloaf on the back.
    "I'm afraid I have to be on. Hopefully there's still a cabin available."
    Tanya roams Ariel, and finds a small unattended cabin. Bringing her backpack there, she unpacks two small statues she places on the floor, each with a stick of incense. Lighting them, the smoke and scent starts to spread throughout the room, and Tanya kneels down to sit on her knees as she lets her mind flow elsewhere in meditation.
    A harmonious mind bring a harmonious voyage

10. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    "Hmm..." George thought to himself, following the scene of the food. After quite a journey he finally makes it to the galley and he entered the room, smiling happily. He took the seat Tanya was in (which made him next to Meatloaf) and helped himself to some food, with surprising ettique.
    After a while of eating the food in relative silence, he turned to Meatloaf. "That's some mighty fine cooking! Even red turtles can't cook as well as you!"

11. Rotku

As compliments and thanks came Meatloaf just nodded, with a contempt smile apon his face. He was in his element. A kitchen, be it on a ship or back home, with people likeing his work. Nothing could please a cook more, especially not this cook.

As the crew start to leave, Meatloaf began to clear all the dirty dishes away. "I could really get to like this life at sea," Meatloaf thinks to himself. "As long as those dirty pirate don't come near me kitchen."

Once all the dishes are stacked by the sink and the sink full, Meatloaf mutters a quick prayer to Mangigan, the god of the kitchens, and leaves to find himself a room.

12. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    George wandered down to a random cabin and knocked on it. There were no responce, and George waited, drumming his finger on the wall.
    "Wake up!" he shouted to the empty room, and of course nobody answered.
    "I said, wake up!" he shouted again. No responce.
    "WAKE UP!!!" he yelled as he took out one of his cutlass and slammed it on the door, which flew open to reveal an...empty room.
    "Well!" George said contently, taking his cutlass away. "What do you know."
    He kicked the door shut and locked it (or tried to) by putting a dagger on the door (which did absolutly nothing), and he sat down on the bed and thinked about the treasures he would no doubt get should they find the legendary treasure of Ruthbarb...

13. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

While the rest of the crew slept, Dante sat on deck, gazing over the open sea for any sign of light or sails. His eyes wandered over and over, never once blinking. All the while there was the steely grate of the whetstone as it passed over his sabre. If there was any attack this night, it would be spotted by him.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.