1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Do you spit in the toilet?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Scot, Oct 4, 2005.

1. Deathmage

Deathmage Arrr! Veteran

Media:
    I never spit in the toilet...

@HB - where did you get the impression that people spit everywhere in Asia? That's crazy.

2. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    • Have you ever had bronchitis, pneumonia, or asthma? The medicine I have to take to keep me alive when I get bronchitis or pneumonia helps me cough up the crap in my lungs so I can breathe. And if you have ever tasted that, you would most defiantly spit it out! :eek: :sick:
    • I also suffer from allergies, which makes me produce a LOT of snot. I’m not about to swallow it, so I "huck a lougie" and spit that out too.
    • When I chew gum while driving, I'll spit the gum out the window when the gum losses the flavor...though, I don't spit it out if there's a chance someone might step in it.
    • Let’s see here...oh! When I had my 'wisdom' teeth taken out, I had to spit out all the blood during my recovery.
    • Also, when I run, I take a swig of water and spit it out. The reasoning is to get my mouth wet since breathing out your mouth dries it out…actually drinking water when I run gives me "stitch in the side" pain.

Need I continue? HB, I hope you see my point here. :rolling:

3. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Its a toliet. I don't have a spitoon. So why not? :D

4. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    After reading this and Kitrax's topic, I think I'll continue the trend.

Next poll: "Do you poop in the kitchen sink?"

5. Lantus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I agree with HB about the reasons for spitting. I'm no spitter.

6. Sticker Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I don't have problem with spitting in the toilet, but spitting gum out through the car window. Why would you do that? A little bird (or raven) might think it's edible and try to eat it, then choke on it. At least tht's what my mom says. ;)

7. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

OK, I was not aware of all of the medical conditions that had spitting as one of their side-effects. I guess I should feel lucky that I don't suffer from any of them.

8. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    HB...I'll gladly trade you my respiratory system for a year so you can experience it first hand. :p

@Sticker...my mom used to tell me that If I pout, a bird will fly overhead and poop on my fat lip. And if a bird wants to try to eat my ABC gum, then good luck to it. If it ends up choking on it, well...then it's SOL.

Oh yeah...I forgot about people who "chew" chewing tobacco. They spit more than a camel does! :rolling:

9. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

If I have the flu and I am spitting up phlegm then I would rather it go into the toilet than into my sink where I will be eventually washing my hands.

10. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I just discharged some excessive saliva today into a toilet, and would have thought nothing of it had it not been for this thread. Thanks a lot guys...

11. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

I don't spit except when brushing my teeth. I always just use the sink. Nobody else uses it and I just run the water for a few seconds to get everything washed down.

Why not spit it out into the gum wrapper?

12. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I spit gum into an air discomfort bag once becasue I didn't have a napkin or wrapper or something when I needed to get rid of it...

13. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

When I had a tooth removed, I used to produce a lot of spit that combined with the medicine applied burned my throat if swollowed. I just spit it out when ver there was a bit collected and since there was too much I would spit in the toilet.
    I have also spit into the house plants, nutricious, eh? :heh:

Otherwise its generally not a problem since we have two bathrooms with sink.

14. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Yes I remember when I had my tooth removed too, but not I only I spat water, but blood too. It seem having blood in my mouth as became an habbit.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.