1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Do you swear/curse/cus?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Kitrax, Jun 7, 2003.

1. Sprite Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Me too. I cuss like a fishwife - just like my dear old ma. She was raised on a farm and tends to say things like, "Here we go in a cloud of chicken**** and feathers!" when we drive anywhere, and she swears in several languages - Polish, Ukrainian, English, French and Italian. I just swear in French and English, although I do sometimes hear myself using my mother's Polish cusses the meanings of which are lost to me. Plus during my three years in the army I started using "F*ck" as a sort of comma in my everyday speech, a habit I still sometimes lapse into when I'm relaxed. I know my in-laws are shocked by my mouth but I do manage to keep it under control, most of the time, when I'm not with close friends or grown-up family.

2. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

It takes a large amount of will power for me not to swear in front of/at my cousins and sister, and her stupid friends.

3. Kiranos Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Yup that's just about sums it up, Sweden rocks the fuc*ing world, just look at the music scene ;)

A new band named STABB rocks hard as hell check em out at kazaa or whatever...

4. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

yes i swear, I swear all the fu**** time

5. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    When I am in other than official situations like school and work I tend to swear more or less in every sentence. Swedish curses are however very mild and havent changed much in the last millenia. You mustly refer to Satan and hell alot, with the occasional **** and ******* tossed in for good measure.

6. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

It doesn't mean *******, even if this is the translation that they use in the movies. Officialy, it means wanker but its meaning changes depending to whom it is addresed and to how do you say it. If it is addresed to a friend then it has the meaning "mate" and when it is said with anger it means "idiot", "wanker" etc.

The worst swearings here are the ones which are related to mothers. Phrases like "**** your mother", "son of whore" etc, will immediately start a fight.

As for me, I swear a lot when I'm not in my job.Also I don't swear when I'm talking to someone I don't know.

7. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    We Dutchies have a habbit to add the most terrible diseases to our curses. Something I didn't notice in other countries.
    The word Sh** isn't considered a real curse. I mean, here it's not that bad as 'you foreign people' would think.

I don't curse a lot, I rather use other words in stead, like 'bloody, bloody...'
    I always TRY to keep my tongue under control.

8. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I only swear when there's no one around to hear it.

I agree with Aikanaro that it gets really annoying when over used, like every third word in the person's sentence. The swear word no longer becomes a way to ventiliate anger. It's just part of that person's choice of adjectives, which he sticks in front of every noun.

9. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Not very often. Only when I or someone else has done something rather stupid/stupid.

10. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I swear like a sailor with a f*ck*ng splinter...

11. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Funny, almost nothing makes me swear more than does my job. :lol: Maybe traffic...

When that happens, the only thing that comes across clearly to me is the speaker's ignorance. :(

12. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31

My father says swearing is a weak mind trying to sound powerful...but he's a f*uck*ng *ssh*le.

13. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

I usually swear when I am very irritated or angry (but then again, who doesn't?), or when I am under peer pressure (except for my "real" peers, if you will ;) ).

14. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Ah, LNT, it's a master of irony you are...

15. Ameorn Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Didn't know you were polish Chev. My mother's polish and i agree about the polish swearing ;)
    Nor used to seeing poles who actually can speak/write english :p

16. Nick The Friendly Goth Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I f***ing swear like a f***ing sailor, and what the f*** kind of question is this s***??

Seriously I do every now and then, when angrey ETC.

17. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    @Nick: no, you don't swear like a sailor, but only aspire to. Sailors are more creative and the f-word isn't all that common ;)

Not working on me. If I were to start a challenge-based single fight over something like that, I would insult my mother more than the freak did. If the person is from some part of the world where 'tis the swearing that makes the man and I'm in a particularly *****y though yet cheerful mood, I could tell him a tale about what my cat did to him the last night as an act of special favour since I'm not his bloody ****ing swearing partner. As far as going physical goes, I would occasionally practice the good old mediaeval manus domini on some crude boor that doesn't know his place.

And generally swearing has no effect on me so long as the grammar and syntax are correct with the above mentioned exception of someone who just doesn't know his place, but it's my being pissed off and not offended - although it's a hard work for such a person to overcome my compassion :rolleyes:

18. Nick The Friendly Goth Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] "no, you don't swear like a sailor, but only aspire to. Sailors are more creative and the f-word isn't all that common"

Oh shut up! :rolleyes:

19. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31

@Rallymama I prefer "wordsmith"...but master of irony will suffice. Now excuse me...I have to squeeze my ego through the doorframe.

20. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

I try not to swear and usually I'm queit succesful. I do swear sometimes when I stuff up while playing hockey or something but other than that I don't swear much. I just don't see the point of swearing. And it really annoys me (as a few people have already said) when people swear heaps. My younger brother got in a habbit of swearing atleast twice in every sentence, that really pissed me off!
    The only time I'm every offended by swear words is when people I don't expect to use them (like very close friends etc) use them in my direction, so it also annoys me when people get annoyed by the occasional (sp?) swear word.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.