1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Kids kids kids!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Felinoid, Apr 5, 2006.

1. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Not MeeShell? Or maybe just Michelle, it soounds the same, right?

2. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Oh, i am sure there will be time enough for that, Shell - but I do believe that Eva Maria will be taken to the prom by one of your boys :D

3. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Depends on so many factors: partner, time, money, psychological stuff, housing...

4. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Daie - ?

5. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Fascinating stuff. Some people want 18 kids and many people want no kids.

6. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Why am I not surprised that ~3/4 of people have no kids and ~2/3 want either none or two (likely one of each)? :heh: Personally, I want as many as I can keep from ever punishing out of anger...which, knowing my temper, is none.

7. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Heh, I used to tell people that if we ever had a kid, we would keep it from ages 0-1.5 years old, and then send it off to a bording school until it was 18. :p

And just a reminder, 'He who wants none, will always have the most!" :p

/me ducks :rolling:

8. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I've got enough. 2 boys are good for me.

*I had to edit this because when I first typed it I was being distracted by them.

[ April 06, 2006, 21:31: Message edited by: Dragonfly ]

9. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I don't have kids right now. Give me like 5-6 years and then I'll want kinds, 2-3 at most.

10. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I don't have any kids, butr I would like to get married and have a couple kids. I'll be 35 this summer, so I don't expect too many...

11. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Gnarff -

There's hope yet!

12. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

If God is merciful I will never have kids. I'd never make it as a father, just don't have those qualities a good father needs. The children I'll never have would thank me if they only existed.

13. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Once again, I am amazed at the way that people here seem to see themselves in such a negative light. I'm sure some of you are much better people than you give yourselves credit for.

14. Dice

Media:
    I think a lot of childless people don't realize what a positive change children can make in their lives. I wouldn't disagree with the people that feel strongly that they might be bad parents. I don't know them and they certainly know themselves better than anyone else. I would say that there are some people who feel they don't want children and then that feeling changes during a different stage of their lives.

For a long time I felt that I would never get married or have children. I actually enjoyed my solitary life but then within a year-and-a-bit everything changed. Suddenly I had a family. Now, I would never give up my children for anything.

15. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

EDIT: Don't know why I got so worked up. Shouldn't need to talk about the past because it's just that.

[ April 07, 2006, 20:57: Message edited by: Ilmater's Suffering ]

16. Gnarfflinger

Hey Shell,

That exetpt doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence...

17. Dice

Media:
    I don't think that it is fair for a man that old to have children. The children will not grow up knowing their father and the little time that they do have with him will be with someone too old to play with them.

18. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Inicidentally, my father was 53 when i was born. (he has grandkids older tahn me) and his age was never an issue. distance and other crap, yes, but never the fact that he is an ancient old codger.

19. Gnarfflinger

But Ara, I figure that I'll die by the time I'm 70. I'd like to avoid having young children forced to see that...

20. Dice

Media:
    My father was 49 when I was born. I was his seventh child. He died of cancer when I was 10. I didn't see him all the time during my childhood (when he was alive) because he was always sabaticals and business trips with his scientific career. I think age was a factor somewhat because he didn't have a really long life and if I was born earlier into his life then I might have gotten to know him through older eyes.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.