1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: The Avril Lavigne Topic

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Rednik, May 4, 2004.

1. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

[​IMG] The right PR campaing is the way to the top not the music you make. I mean my band has fans who never even heard the music they just heard me talking about it all the time and now they think it's a real cool band :) .

Maybe I must sell them a demo or something :)

2. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Sarevok Anchev, what kind of argument is that? LOL! Hmm, okay then. Not much of an argument you're giving me or anyone for that matter. Your reply sounds like a defeated one.

Though answer me this, Why would people listen to music that isn't good? Its a bit like pain and pleasure. People shy away from pain but embrace pleasure. Now of course it depends on what people define as pleasure but indeed, whatever that person defines as pleasure is good to them and is therefore a good thing.

Dorion Blackstar, wow good going :) But as for my band, well I left them now, they were going way too heavy and screamy for me, well pretty much all the way and wouldn't try anything new so I got tired and left. Though I will take your advice into consideration when I do start up or join another band, thanks bud.

Sleepless, I see what you mean and it was a bit like that with some of my friends, but then again, when we first played, they loved us, but when the others want to go pure screamo, well, alot of fans left (as did I :) )

3. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Argument? Give it a rest will you sniper get real man I am just having a laugh, lighten up a bit for god sakes.

4. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] I see it this way a song is a good song as long as at least ONE person in the world likes it. How about that?

5. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Reasons people may listen to music which is in my amazingly wonderful opinion, crap:

1. They know of nothing else
    2. It is what is being promoted as 'cool'

If all people hear is that type of music, then they shall chose what is the best of that and adore it to death, never having heard music that is actually good. And even if they do hear this good but not popular music, they may immediately reject it due to reason 2.

(Also, I am not saying that there is one universal style of music that should be liked by all, in case you were getting that impression)

[ May 07, 2004, 14:10: Message edited by: Aikanaro ]

6. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

You do only put the extremes of every question. Ether so hot or butt-ugly, sings like an angel? She sucks. Admit it. Who voted for that? Crazy monkeys...

7. Sniper Gems: 28/31

Jeez! Looks like someone needs to lighten up to my response :rolleyes: ;)

8. Icingdeath45 Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

She's hot, but she's a poser she isnt punk..real punk is like the casualties, not bubbble gum pop like herself.

9. Rhythm Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

What is the matter with you people? Avril Lavigne is the BEST thing that happened to the music world since uh... the last best thing that happened to the music world! Of course she's a rock-chick. Didn't you guys see the Sk8er Boi music video where she pummels a car with her guitar? That just screams "I AM A ROCK-CHICK!". And to those who say that she can't sing live, don't you guys get it? She does that on PURPOSE you see. It proves that she has an AMAZING vocal range.

Tsk. You people don't know rock when you hear it. :D

10. Sniper Gems: 28/31

[​IMG] Still ... she is quite hot

11. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Well, first of all...every punk/rocker I've ever known hates skaters (who, in my area, are exclusively "wiggers") with a fiery passion. :p

I think she should probably choose an image and stick with it. That whole wannabe punk-/rock-chick didn't even last 2 years; now she's going for some completely different (supposedly "more feminine") look...silly Avril :p .

:p I'm kind of undecided about her, errm..."hotness"; although she does have incredibly beautiful eyes...so that's a plus for her ;) .

12. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

[​IMG] Punk/rockers hate skaters? Most skaters rock! I think that rule only is true where you live. All the rockers punkers and skaters I know like eachother.

13. Sarevok• Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

She is still ugly and her music still sucks.

14. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I've never known a Punk Rocker to hate skaters, unless you mean the Meat Head Punk Rock Elitests.

15. Woodwyrm Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

My deep answer to the poll: Her music sucks and so does she :p

16. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

Well, IMHO, she's okay looking but she occasionally looks like a young girl trying to look sexy, she sings okay but generally sounds a little too much like Alanis for me. In short she's okay but nothing special. But that's just my personal opinion.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.