1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

POLL: Who will win World Cup 2006

Discussion in 'Colosseum' started by teekc, Jul 8, 2006.

1. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

2. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    I was leaning towards Italy until Amelie Mauresmo won at Wimbledon and Sylvain Calzati won today's stage of the Tour. It's going to be a French trifecta for the weekend.

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

So long as they don't win next year's Rugby World Cup too. That would be too much torture.

4. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I think Spain will win coming yesterday...

5. Duffin Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Looks like most people were right in their predictions. :thumb:

6. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Well, the best team of the tournament won, so I'm not suprised.

7. Duffin Gems: 13/31

Hmmm im not sure, Argentina looked better at times, as did the Germans but Italy played good solid football, maybe not exciting and full of flare but they got the results and thats what counts.

8. Register Gems: 29/31

Duffin, I can see Argentina playing ONE really good game, and that was against Serbia and Montenegro. They played good against Germany, Cote D'Ivore, and Mexico, but sucked against Holland. Not really good, IMO.

9. Duffin Gems: 13/31

So thats one poor game? and Italy played poorly against Australlia the US and the 2nd half against France, but i think overall they were the most solid defensively, and if you dont concide goals you reach finals.

10. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

Th US fight was destroyd by a dubious referee, Italy needed their luck only against Australia. No need to debate wether they were the best since Italy let the ball do the talking :shake:

11. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Who knows what would have happened if it hadn't been for Zidane getting out.

12. Pac man Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Here we go with all the buts and ifs again...let's face it fellas, Italy are worldchampions, and from where i stand they deserved it the most. In four years time 'the rest of the world will have a chance to dethrone them, but for now there's nothing that can be said or done.

13. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

That's right. Italy put more balls into the net then their opposition did. That means they are the World Champs and therefore the best team, by the only measure that matters.

14. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Why the hell do so many complain about the ref in the US-Italy game? Tell me one call he did that was wrong! Elbow was a red, American tackle was a red the two yellows on the American defender were harsh but not out of the blue.

I am sick and tired of people complaining about a ref that is only doing his job and following the book. The ref in the US - Italy game did one of the best games I have seen a ref do. He was put to the test several times and always made the right decision and despite it being such an intense game he never let it go completely out of hand like Holland - Portugal.

15. Harbourboy

If we introduced video refs, then this would take a lot of the pressure of the on-field refs, who are subject to so much more criticism these days because everyone else can look at the slow motion replays to see what he did wrong, but he's not allowed to do the same at the time.

16. Stu Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

The only reason Italy made it to the final is because Totti managed to fall over on a legitimate tackle and took a soft penalty against Australia in the 90th minute. We had such a bad run with the refs.

I suppose Italy deserved it having beat the greatest soccer team of all time in the form of the Australian socceroos!! :D

17. Harbourboy

That dive was voted the best (or worst) according to the Independent's list of the the top 10 dives in the World Cup.

18. Register Gems: 29/31

Stu, if you are going to whine, do it correctly. Totti only shot the penalty, Grosso did the diving part. The penalty he scored was excellent too, and I can once again mention that the penalty wouldn't have been needed without the bull**** red card for Materazzi, but I won't.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.