1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Post your Desktops!!

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Faraaz, Nov 4, 2006.

1. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Thanks for the heads up Wordplay!

You know, an interesting thing I've noticed is that your desktops tend to say a LOT about you... :D

As you may have noticed, mine are overly flashy and in your face...

@Chev: I was wondering what font that was until I realised after like a minute its not English... :alien:

Nice ones guys!! Keep at it!

2. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Who is the star of Exhibit C Faraaz?

3. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Like what? Clean and organized? Likes pr0n and music? Needs a big 33" wide-screen monitor?

4. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Well...I have the 'Webshots Desktop' program installed on my laptop, so every 12 hours, my walpaper changes. I have it cycling through 7 different photos...all showcasing giant waves and some have guys surfing them. :D

Kitrax's current Desktop

I've been meaning to clean my desktop up...but there's only one or two icons I don't use on a regular basis... :rolling:

5. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I usually rotate my desktop background with the seasons. The current background is this photo which I took three years ago.

6. Jazhara7 Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I like my desktop to be themed, so here's my FMA Themed Desktop. Pay especial attention to my custom made icons for the folders on the right. I've arranged them in the order of age of the Homunculi, starting with the oldest (starting from top to bottom: Envy, Greed, Gluttony, Pride [yes, that's Edward Elric. It's from a fan made game, where one of the endings is that he becomes the new Pride. Quite sad, really. I'm not going to spoil who Pride actually is, though.], Lust, Wrath and Sloth.). "Edit THIS!.txt" is a past draft of my first published module review.

No, the Grim Fandango Soundtrack is not illegal. And the FMA folder is a stash of pictures (It's where I dumped most of random files from zips to jpegs I've had on my desktop, and moved in order to coerce you into believing I had a tidy desktop. Did it work? :D )

7. Faraaz Gems: 26/31

@Cuchulainn: Its Adriana Lima...Brazilian supermodel...HOT personified... :love:

@Wordplay: I meant that by looking at the display styles, color choices and stuff like that, you can get a feel for the person...maybe because of how the entire setup is completely customised according to an individuals' likes and dislikes...

[ November 07, 2006, 07:48: Message edited by: Faraaz ]

8. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Which is precisely why you aren't going to see mine :lol:

9. Dengo Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

Here is mine.

What does mine say? Meow? :p

10. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Is that your kitten Dengo? It looks cute and a little cold.

11. Dengo Gems: 8/31
    Latest gem: Skydrop

Veteran

@Dragonfly : No, my mom took that photo. She knows that I love cats too much. :love: She brought lots of cat photos lately.

12. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
  13. Clixby Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

One o'clock

two o'clock

three o'clock

ROCK!

Four o'clock

five o'clock

six o... wait, that's it. Shoot.

Right now I'm using number 1. I would have taken a screenshot, but there's nothing on my desktop anyway and I don't know how.

Oh dear unicycling Christ WHY.

Wait, "Taking Charge of Your Fertility"? Actually, nevermind. Don't...need...to...know.

14. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

I have some boring blue sky and some meadow which I took from the windows xp desktops folder. Nothing special and nothing to see so I won't bother to show it. :p

15. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Great pics Clixby! Three O'clock reminded me how creepy Silent Hill was. I really liked the giant weird tree too. Actually I liked them all.

16. Faraaz Gems: 26/31

@Clixby: Nice ones! Where are they from?

17. Clixby Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

1 o'clock: NMA ( No Mutants Allowed, a resource site for the Fallout series with forums full of bitter fanboys) image archive
    2 o'clock: Gone With The Blastwave wallpaper (a webcomic that parodies the post-apoc genre)
    3 o'clock: random SH fan art
    ROCK: more GWTB
    4 o'clock: Art by Zdzisław Beksiński, who did lots of weird and disturbing stuff
    5 o'clock: more stuff from NMA

18. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    It's a programme designed to store all the information you need when trying to conceive.

@ BA - we seem to have a few icons in common :)

19. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Never thought fertility would be mentioned in this thread.

There's at least one icon that will soon be vanishing from Barmy Army's screen. NWN2 - into the trash with you!

20. Faraaz Gems: 26/31

I just noticed...Barmy, I uh..."acquired" that very same DJ Tiesto album/compilation about an hour ago...wicked stuff eh? :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.