1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ps1 Games in a Ps2 console?

Discussion in 'Techno-Magic' started by Enagonios, Aug 16, 2004.

1. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

@reepnorp
    ah, sorry dude, my bad i think.

ah, sorry, allow me to clarify. Rinoa was much more pleasant to look at in the FMV's "at least" hehe. but yeah, it was annoying IIRC that she goes into a coma on the 3rd CD i think? not too sure now...
    but FFVIII had a better beginning FMV than IX IMO, seifer and squall going at it with an operatic theme in the BG was better than seeing Tantalus(sp)' airship..

2. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Zantetsuken means 'sword that can cut steel, IIRC. Tetsu is definitely steel and ken is certainly sword. Renzokuken means sequential sword.

And you're all forgetting about that fat cook toad thing (Quina?) That was lame.

3. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

@sparhawk
    thanks, have been wondering about those words for quite a while. They're japanese I suppose? argh. that quina isnt even worth mentioning haha. his lameass "eat" ability didnt work on the stronger creatures IIRC. useless..

4. Sparhawk the Pandion Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Didn't eating things earn you special abilities? It's been years since I played that.

Yes, they are Japanese, being Japanese games and all :)

For that matter, tekken is metal sword.

5. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Actually Quinas blue mage abilities could get pretty strong. his lvl 5 (or was it 3) doom, was great to take out dragons and gain lots of exp and ap early on. And he could gain some pretty good defense and healing abilities.

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

how odd, (tekken) calling the game tekken when most of them dont even wield weapons...

yea, eating gained you abilities, similar to kihmari's draw skill in FFX but i guess im just not very diverse in my FF gameplay hehe. I stuck to the human-esque characters and levelled them up more. also, i didnt really get the chance to maximize quina's abilities as i really didnt enjoy using him. imo he was the MOST annoying FF cast character. reminiscent of an enthustiastic retard (no offense meant to any who may take ;) )

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.