1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #101

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Feb 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    We have an old proverb in Denmark that says "A black Christmas gives a white Easter". Well, it seems to be true - the Christmas weather was black and bleak, and you can try and guess the weather in Denmark today. :bigeyes:

2. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Would you be interested in trading Cologne's snow for Montreal's ? I'd be wonderfully glad to get rid of this white madness.

I miss egg hunting, and as I'm the youngest in the house (I'm 19 btw) there's no more. However things are bound to get better regarding this matter when my sister's child will be born.

Uh? It seems I made an error and double posted, I didn't know it was even possible. Oh well, mea culpa

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2008
  3. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    It shouldn't be. You must be the chosen Ofelix. :cool:
    Follow the white miniature space rabbit.

4. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Good Friday BBQ?

Oooh-kay.

I get to help hide eggs for the kids in the neighborhood today. Oh joy, oh bliss. At least the weather's nice - mid-60's by hunt time, partly cloudy, just a little bit of a breeze.

Condolences and concern to all those dealing with snow, rain, and floods in other parts of the U.S. this Western Easter weekend. Happy Easter, anyway.

And to our Orthodox friends: I will try to remember to wish you a happy Easter on April 27!

Babble egg-centrically.

5. Ofelix

Media:
    Well I don't know about other faiths, but according to mine (Catholicism) Easter it is this Sunday. However I should also note that I'm somewhat liberal in my believes. I don't really go to church, do a lot of prohibited stuff (I've had sex before marriage, eating meat on Fridays, I'm perfectly fine with homosexuality, I believe in evolution etc.) So some might consider me an heretic, a danger to the faith :lol:

But I also think that deep down deep, deep down the message of Jesus Love thy neighbours as thou love thyself is quite good.

Okay on second thought; I'm only Catholic de jure not de facto :p

What's this about me being a chosen one? I think I would make a poor leader, Nobody listen to me in public ever. However I started to like this, I can stay in the back, listen to people and ponder on matter of life, philosophy, history and many other academic endeavour without being hassled by the social lifestyle.

6. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    We have two days of easter! Yay!

7. Ofelix

Media:
    And so it was said that if thou typeth alt + 4,8,15,16,23,42 in thy windows computer thou shalt seeth an omen. No, seriously try it it's funny, well at least I thought it was funny.

8. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Even if you don't it's the thought that counts. I for one fully appreciate it. :)

So many clouds... I can't see the sky. At least it'll be night soon, and then bad weather won't really matter. Hurray!

9. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Whoa there; since when is accepting the reality of evolution prohibited by the Catholic Church?

10. Ofelix

Media:
    Since like, always? I thought one of the core dogma was the genesis, that the earth was created in a week and all that. Evolutions theories contradict this. And the thing about dogma is it's dogma unquestionable. So yeah it has to count for "prohibited knowledge"

11. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
  12. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Easter preparations are now finished. Feast time tomorrow.

13. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Spent the afternoon doing musculation and cardio. So freaking sore... and so freaking tired.

Time for a protein shake now.

14. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Tomorrow is the chocolate egg eating day, yea? :yum:

It's good to be a pagan, I can celebrate during the holidays, but don't have to worry about any of the religious stuff.

15. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Yay! Another Pagan :D

My boyfriend and I are celebrating our fourth Lunaversary apart this month :( oh well. We've had all Saturday and Friday together and will probably meet Monday ^_^

16. Ofelix

Media:
    Uh, well I think it's the proof I'm not really "in touch" with my faith. However in the past, in this province, the church was omnipresent and omnipowerful, and quite traditionalist in their views. I guess I based my view of the faith on this "distant" past. Since the 60s and the quiet revolution thing have changed, again in Québec, can't speak for other regions. Link

17. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Ah yes, Easter. The Anniversary of when some guy started babbling at the Pagans in Latin about the Ressurection of Our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, only to have the pagans wonder what the hell he was talking about as soon as he left and resumed whipping colloured eggs at each other.

To Honour that auspicious occasion, I get to sleep in until 7 am tomorrow morning, and Tuesday I go to Walmart to see if they have chocolate bunnies on sale...

18. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    I was taught the theory of evolution in Catholic school. It was taught as a viable scientific theory on how species adapt to their surroundings. There was never the assumption that evolution tried to explain creation.

Not that I'm a practicing Catholic anymore, anyways, but I never did understand that bru-ha-ha.

19. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Happy Easter! Sorry to all you diabetics. :eek: :p

Yay for sugar! :banana: :rolling:

20. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Happy Easter all.

Actually, I managed to skip the opening. Not sure what happened, but I missed all the present-day 'story'. Seeinbg a high-tech lab came as quite a surprise to me later in the game!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.