1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #104

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Aug 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

My Uncle came out tonight, and now all three of our computers can use the internet at teh same time!

2. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I hope you made a nice dinner for your Uncle, Gnarf, so he will come back to visit the next time you have computer problems :D.

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I used to accept a good meal for fixing a family member's computer, but now I just tell them to pay me before I start. :money: I got a full tank of gas from my dad during his last "issue"...I told him I couldn't come over because I didn't have enough gas to come over *and* to go to work, so he gave me $40...which barely filled the tank. :bad:

In other news, school administrators annoy me...but that's a topic for a different thread. :rolling:

4. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    @TheMagister: It's not big I guess, 160 Gigs, way more than I'll be needing for a long while I gather.

5. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    160 isn't bad. I had 30 for a LONG time. :p

Anyway tomorrow is my last day of High School. :banana: <---expect to see more of these in my post tomorrow ;)

6. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

No, Fluxbox is the XWM - X Window Manager, which is, in short, the GUI. One extra sweet thing about FreeBSD (that also includes FreeBSD's 100000000000000000000 Linux bastard childs) is that you can choose your own GUI - KDE or GNOME (2 XWM I absolutely abhor with every fiber of my soul) for example, bloated garbage which is perfect from Winblows users who decided to jump ship to the 'dark side' of computing. Then you got XFCE and Fluxbox -the good stuff. Both Fluxbox and XFCE (though the newer versions has bloated) run with very little memory -- hell, FreeBSD w/Fluxbox runs smoothly on a P3 600, and it even ran on my buddy's old P2 133!

Now that we got that out of the way... in answer to your question, no, Fluxbox ain't command line. Sure, xterms are command-line, but since it runs in a graphic mode, technically it's not command-line. Command-line is of course needed to install programms and perform various commands, but that;s it.

7. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Wait, someone hasn't babbled in over 9 hours?

Weeeoood.

8. ChickenIsGood Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Wait!

Someone hasn't babbled in three hours thirty-eight minutes...

Weird.

9. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    It's been a slow day.
    The phone lines in my house finally cried uncle with the DSL. So, my boyfriend and I cussed our way through re-wiring the stupid things, which is not easy, since there is no room in the crawlspace to move. We wound up stringing it along the outside of the house, like the old ones were. We should be set for another decade or so now.

10. Gnarfflinger

Actually, D-fly, he came after supper, so I was off the hook there. And now all our computers can use the net at the same time...

11. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Just a migraine cure - pretty close to the Arcanum one :p (Ergotamine tartarate + lactose)

Book fair time! :D
    I bought Hogfather and Jingo, plus Dream Country (The Sandman, vol 3)
    It was a good shopping day.

12. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Wait for it...

wait...

I Finished school for the year. In fact I finished High School. Completely. Done.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

13. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Congrats, Magister!! :banana: <-- would have added more bananas but you used most of them!

14. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Congrats, Magister.

ION:

8.3 mg - the end total result of a final step in a synthesis.

When you are hoping for 30+ mg and spend hours and hours on chromatography and purification and miss a rather interesting lecture because of it, and in general - spend more time doing it then you should... then 8.3 mg seems like a joke. A very bad one.

And I had my hopes up.
    And I still haven't told my mom that I missed the lecture.
    And I'll have to borrow someone's notes to catch up.

8.3 mg. Not fun. Not fun at all.

15. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Don't worry about the missed lecture Lore, you'll catch up. And congratulations on getting Hogfather and Jingo. Jingo's very good, but Hogfather is possibly the best of the entire series. It's that good :)

16. Gnarfflinger

My doctor told me yesterday that I could conceivably get below 200 lbs. I haven't been that small since I was 19...

17. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Ugh...my legs are killing me. The wife dragged me to the gym on my second break last night. :bad: :rolling:

18. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    How long was your break Kit? You had time to go to the gym and back. Did you have time for a shower after or did you go back all sweaty and stuff?

19. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Ugh. My roommate and our friend and I went to a party tonight... they both got so drunk they threw up... I was making sure they weren't drinking too much either. They are both okay now... I am just staying up to make sure my roommate doesn't have any problems...

20. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Going to complain about one of my corridormates. He had his friends in OUR kitchen until five in the morning. shouting and being loud, obnoxious and disrespectful since midnight. Before then we had just other drunks and a birthday group to contend with running around the halls.

One of my friends came out of his door and simply said:
    "Hey guys, keep it down, some of us need to sleep still"
    And was simply just shouted at to "**** off"

I do not see why I have to put up with this crap, this is an allocated disabled corridor, yet the people who aren't disabled along here are the noisiest and most ridiculous people I have had the dissapointment of meeting.

The same guy who had his friends in our kitchen believed when he moved in that someone would come round and do all his laundry and washing up. Then wondered why it kept going missing when the cleaners came round! (Considering we were all specifically told about this on moving in, he had NO excuse)

My friend is moving out of his room and into the Annex today. He can't bear his corridormates and I don't blame him, he has to lock his door just to stop them barging in randomly, even people he doesn't know, he's had his food spiked with alcohol and gods know what else (you can lock the cupboards but not the fridge shelves or freezers) Ironically he will be nearer to us than when he lived directly two floors above us, but he's had to pay even just to get away from those morons.

I'm going to complain about the noise later today and also about the leaking drain right above my window, it's like chinese water torture but just with the noise at nighttime. I can't block it out at all. Haven't slept properly in several days and am getting severe physical problems from it. I have ended up fully paralysed for a whole day and all other days I am suffering from shronic muscle pain all over my body and can barely move. It's getting ridiculous, I don't think I've ever been this bad before.

I just hope it doesn't become common.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.