1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #104

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Aug 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    In my day if people in the dorm were being loud in the wee hours and wouldn't respond to requests to shut the F up, the cops were called...

2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Our security guards don't respond when they're being called unless they're sure it's broken up by the time they get there :mad:

Police were called when a large brawl started in the car park at least.

3. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

That POS DSL connection now sleeps with the fishes, and not a minute too soon! Now excuse me, I have a lot of junk to download.

4. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

8: Yeah, I'd have called the cops on the obnoxious punks. They can be as loud as they want in the drunk tank...

5. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Heya 8 - Why don't you bake a batch of X-lax brownies and leave them out for the noisy jerks the next time they decide to have a party in your kitchen. Just make sure that they can't get into your bathroom and warn your friends not to eat the brownies ... just a thought :evil:

Montresor likes this.
  6. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Heehee, I like D'fly's revenge idea. Especially if the people who are charged with keeping the peace refuse to do so.
    I'd be at the doorstep of the people responsible for the dorm ASAP, complaining until they take care of the problem just to shut you up... squeaky wheels getting the oil and all that.

7. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I've got another idea - get a few tubes of Colgate and a box of Oreo cookies, separate the oreos, remove the white, replace it with toothpaste, and reseal it.

Brings back priceless memories, that does. :shake:

8. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Oh I have plenty of revenge recipes :rolling:

It's a pity a lot of my herb documents were deleted ages ago though :rolleyes: Had some good poisons and mixes there that had interesting effects ;)

Had a sort of... anti-aphrodisiac I never got to try :evil:
    Considering the most annoying bastard on this corridor boasts so much about his conquests and walks around on his phone discussing them ("Yeah man, she's still in my bedroom. Yeah I'm topless still. Going back for more, just getting a drink.")

He got locked out of his room last night where he was talking so loudly the chick got PO'd and shouted loudly and clearly through the door she wouldn't let him in until he'd apologised for the BS and phoned back his friend to admit he was a liar :lol:

9. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Hahahahaha, 8, that is hilarious. I love when assbags get their due.

10. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    @8:

If you need more ideas (not that it looks that way:shake:) I once read about some American students who inflated a large number of balloons under the door of a fellow student. He decided to get rid of the balloons by puncturing them.

Unfortunately for him they had inflated them with a deodorant. As they said, "His room smelled like a French whorehouse for weeks!" :grin:

11. Dice

Media:
    I remember seeing cans-of-fart in a local novelty shop once. I wonder if those would have a nozzle suitable for inflating balloons. :lol: That is a pretty good gag, unfortunately I don't have anyone I need to gag right now.

It is so true that the biggest talkers are usually the ones who are least able to accomplish.

12. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Then there's the early morning wake up calls. If the rest of you are in a position to be awake early enough to make the same kind of noise when they want to sleep, they'd not only get a taste of their own medicine, but likely they'd be hung over as well...

13. Dice

Media:
    Good point Gnarf. The ones that like to party late aren't usually the first birdies out of the nest in the morn.

14. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    All my clocks and watches say one thing - all the electronic sources another. It seems I missed Winter Daylight Saving adjustment again.

Enjoying the (illusionary) feeling of an hour gained. :)

15. Montresor

Media:
    [​IMG]
    There's a Danish proverb that describes this: Empty barrels make more noise. :D

16. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    That is the deepest thing I've heard all night.

It's been a slow night ;)

17. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    :spin: Ragusa is an uncle now :rolling:

18. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Heh...I should probably keep my mouth shut so I don't piss other's off....but I *do* work 12 hour shifts....so.....

My first break is 2 hours long, and my second break is 1 hour long. I usually go home on my first, to eat dinner and take a quick nap/watch TV; and on my second break, I like to just relax and check the BoM in the break room. Our work has a gym onsite...it's not great, but it's bigger and better than the gym that we have in our community's rec center.

I'm thinking of changing my breaks to two 1.5 hour breaks since it looks like this gym thing is going to become a nightly occurrence. :bad:

In other news, I just posted a YouTube Video of my Digital Electronics II project...looky looky: :D

That resistor on the left side, half way up, caused me to blow up 20 LEDs in less than a second...the reason? I forgot to put it in, (leftover thought process from an earlier test :doh: ), and I had the timer set to its fastest rate, so when I flipped the switch, they all went "POP" "POP" "POP" "POP" "POP" really fast...most of them literally exploded! :eek: It was so cool, I put all 30 LEDs in and did it again, this time at a slower rate. Each LED cost $0.06, and I have over 200 of them, so I might do it again once my buddy comes over later today. :evil: :rolling:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  19. Montresor

Media:
    [​IMG] Congrats, Ragusa! :banana:

Experience tells me that being an uncle can be a *lot* more fun than being a parent - you have every opportunity to spoil the kid rotten, and it's the parents' responsibility to straighten the kid back out when "Uncle Rags" has left. ;)

20. Loreseeker

Loreseeker A believer in knowledge Veteran

Media:
    Congrats, Ragusa! :)

Kit, you sure like dancing lights. :p

My aunt got married today. I hope all goes well for her.
    Her husband seems like a nice man, although he has some odd (read: nonsense) theories on certain historical events, some being rather full blown conspiracy theories :rolleyes:. I kept my big mouth shut, thankfully, (and I'll continue to do so).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.