1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #117

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Sep 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
  2. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Cat B is playing with the mouse cursor.

On a sweet November morning, with a strong drizzle, just before going to work you know why you said months ago to your children that a dog is a shared responsibility....

3. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Sorry if I didn't update here. I've been pretty busy lately. Son called me from school the next morning. He spent the night outside helping a friend who had run away. We had a serious talk and he understands that he did things the wrong way even if he had good intentions.

Master of Nuhn likes this.
  4. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Well today is June 24th, Québec's national day, aka La Saint Jean Baptiste . I will do my civic duty and over the day I shall promptly get drunk, and possibly high, I don't know, we'll see where the day takes me. I will also apologize in advance for any nonsense I may write later today under the influence of... stuff. Good day to you !

5. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Nadal just lost in three sets. Wow.

6. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    Have you ever noticed that many supposed semi-pro photographers spend much of their time posting photos of themselves to FB, their blogs, et al? Occasionally you'll see pictures of them taking pictures too, but rarely just their actual photos. And no offense ladies, but this seems like mainly a (n attractive) woman thing to me. Just an exercise in vanity? ("I am a sophisticated hot woman who takes pro-quality photographs ... see me do it on Facebook!" ;)) Or do women just know the score and understand that most guys would rather ogle them than their photos, even if they are great photos, and they use them to generate likes and hits and followers to help broaden their apparent popularity?

7. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Probably all of the above...

8. T2Bruno

T2Bruno The only source of knowledge is experience Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    If the photos of the photographer are good is it appropriate to get a reference?

Kind of like the old brain teaser -- you need a haircut and there are two barbers in town. One is well groomed and has perfect hair; the other barber's hair is a wreck. Which barber do you choose?

9. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    The wreck or course, as you don't cut your own hair. (This assumes that there are no other proximate towns or barbers . . . )

10. Dice

Media:
    Hmmm Interesting. Facebook people come in all sorts, that's for sure. I bet psychologists and psychiatrists find Facebook and endless source or experimental information.

11. Merlanni

Media:
    What did they put in the water at Wimbledon. Federer lost, Sharapova lost, Tsjonga injured and lost, Azarenka injured, six other player injured....

12. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Rus lost... Krajicek lost... :p

But to answer your question: Tea, I suppose. It's London, after all. Maybe some milk as well.

Edit:
    That reminds me of a quote from one of my top 3 quotable movies!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015
  13. Dice

Media:
    So what are your top three quotable movies Mon?

14. Master of Nuhn

Master of Nuhn Wear it like a crown Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Eh... well... I was actually just saying that without having given it much thought. But now I think of it, I suppose

Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
    The Big Lebowski
    Snatch

Dice and Barmy Army like this.
  15. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Dat list.

16. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Top 3 quotable movies....

Spaceballs - "I see your Schwartz is as big as mine..."
    Reservoir Dogs - "Let me tell you what 'Like a Virgin' is about. It's all about a girl who digs a guy with a big dick. The entire song. It's a metaphor for big dicks..."
    Predator - "Get to da Choppa!"

Bladezuez likes this.
  17. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    So many great quotable movies, and I only get to mention three...

The Caine Mutiny - "Mr. Maryk, you may tell the crew for me that there are four ways of doing things aboard my ship: The right way, the wrong way, the Navy way, and my way. They do things my way, and we'll get along."

Monty Python and the Holy Grail - "Oh, I see. Running away, eh? You yellow bastards! Come back here and take what's coming to you! I'll bite your legs off!" (The Black Knight, after King Arthur has cut off his arms and legs. :shake:)

Back to the Future - "I HATE MANURE!" (Biff Tannen, buried in manure for the second time in the movie :grin:)

18. Master of Nuhn

Media:
    Oke! Thread started in The Sensorium

19. Blades of Vanatar

Blades of Vanatar Vanatar will rise again Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

How the hell did I not include the Grail! Someone punch me in the face please...I deserve it.

Dice and Master of Nuhn like this.
  20. Dice

Media:
    I agree. I quote the Holy Grail often. It's just so filled with juicy verbal tidbits.

In other news I really want to buy some new summer shirts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.