1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #15

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Oct 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    This must be some kind of hebrish language that mean ¨I hate my work¨ no?

Yeah I know how to write my name in Japanesse!

Damn SP forum won't allow me to paste it...! doh... anyway it's a four katanaka word...

2. Grovflab Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Things I did today:

Woke up at 0900, but decided to sleep a little longer, and then suddenly it was noon. Stays in bed for a couple of hours, finishing Mark of Damnation from Black Library and watching the first American Pie movie. Play a little NWN before going to the gym and exercising for about an hour. Go home and eat, before going to a lokal cafe to play some pool with one of my friends. That lasts about an hour, and then I'm back home in front of the computer, just passing time before going to bed.

Yup, just another exiting day in my life! :)

3. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

How do I go about writing this 2600 word essay on Tenacity, Heroism based on the Odyssey?

Arghh. :(

4. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

You could start the essay slowly I guess Shura maybe with a word or two?
    :lol: :lol:

But seriously folks, I'm having an idiot-day today

5. Manus Gems: 13/31

Well Shura, I don't know if this will hope but perhaps you can direct this through will-power, and as you have spoken elsewhere, the strength in your arm, the keenness of your intellect, that with strong focus upon something, and the mental and physical faculty to carry it through, that great deeds can be achieved.

Or you can turn it around, and say it is only ignorance that gets things accomplished- for if one does not know they should not be able to do something, and the dangers involved, what is to stop them doing it?

I usually confuse Homer's Sagas with each other, so am having trouble remembering details- any number of things can be a cause for tenacity, but which of these is heroic?

6. Shura Gems: 25/31

Heh. I'll get the essay done, never fear. I'm already a quarter way through and it isn't due until 3 weeks later.

7. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

You might try this approach...once I had to write an essay on the bravery of the protangonist in Melville's "Moby Dick". I launched into a bitingly satirical diatribe about how the only bravery shown was mine...as a reader of such a dated, dry, pointless work of overstuffed fiction. I went on for about 3000 words! I got an "A" if I remember, but then again I also had some "pictures" of the prof. :evil:

8. Shura Gems: 25/31

[​IMG] LOL

That was truly brilliant!

Of course, with the appropriate 'pictures' one can do anything! :evil:

9. Hacken Slash

Hacken Slash OK... can you see me now?

In the years that I have enjoyed on the fickled orb, I have found that photographic proof is near invincible. :D

10. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

2 more days to go...

11. Manus Gems: 13/31

Forgive my blatant ignorance, but two days till what?

12. Rotku

Rotku I believe I can fly Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Until no more school! :rolleyes:

13. Manus Gems: 13/31

School? what is this thing you speak of? School? I seem to remember some vague recollections.... something involving lectures, coming late... Ah yes, school. I tried it once- didn't much care for it :p

14. Rotku

Hahaha! :p
    I mean until no more school for 2 months, not for ever.

15. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Do you seriously go on holidays in two days? That's rediculous. I go on the 28th November. And then its off to Powderfinger on the 30th. To reiterate, I rock. Know this, and be judged!

Queens of the Stone Age are coming with The Distillers in January, if they can get a venue. Placebo are also rumoured to be playing in summer.

I have so many bands to see, so little time.

16. Manus Gems: 13/31

I feel your pain Rotku, truly I do. :D May I suggest start your own school? Perhaps then you may dictate the time-lines to your own whimsy? :)

17. Rotku

I never said it was the holidays then, I still have 2 weeks of exams to look foward to. And as you can see, I'm studying really hard!

18. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    2600 words? Ouch.

I have written 13012 words of my NaNo since October started. Go me.

Did not sleep last night. Wrote instead, something like 5000 words or so.

Now, dead.

Going to see Revolutions... go me!

Rambling. Bah.

19. Manus Gems: 13/31

That's the spirit Rotku- take it all on the fly!

*Grumble* I don't get the Matrix coming out until tommorow.

20. Baezlebub Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Comes out in 7 hours here

I'm going to see it with my N.U.N.C.L.E. when I'm in melbourne.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.