1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #20

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Mar 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

You couls always give it another shot... but I think the getting drunk idea is better ;)

2. Slith

Slith Look at me! I have Blue Hands! Veteran

I like dancing. But I suck at it, you see, which makes it difficult to do so. Dance, that is.

3. Lady Luthien Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Ugggghhh....

Just awoke from last night's depressive drinking and complaining to the whole world.
    :coffee:
    Actually, don't really feel like coffee... More like a nice cool bottle of crystal-clear water, and a cloud to sleep on.. And maybe the rest of the day spent in idly clicking from one SP forum to another..... :sleep:
    But have to go to get up, since it's still Friday, and spend the rest of the day answer to "how was it" questions feeling like a complete failure... :(

Haven't we all been there?

4. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Well at least you were in the upper half rather than the lower half, it that's any consolation.

5. Baldrak Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Today I handed in the first draft of my completed master's thesis. Let's hope I don't have to change too much and that I can gradute ASAP...

6. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Is it bad when the teachers give you a paper telling you that you have been missing 42% of school time? :D

7. Malovae Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Of course not!

8. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Its only bad if the teachers say you are missing more then 50% of school. And even then you have some leeway, because you can take out time that you have a good reason for.

Good reasons are:

Boredom, tiredness, hangover, sickness (possibly related to last item) :sick: , and temporary (or not) mental illness. :p

Stick it to the man. :thumb:

9. Lady Luthien Gems: 6/31

Hey there everyone :wave: , Lady Lulu is back home (SP) and feeling better already!

Caleb, what's this with you missing school time and giving reasons and stuff? I don't get it...
    I guess our school system is very different: we have to justify ourselves everytime we miss a lesson so 42% never happens... :confused:

10. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I think it's different in Sweden.

And apparently it's a very nice place to visit, too. This from Sweden's Department of Tourism website:

Wi nøt trei a høliday in Sweden this yër ?
    See the løveli lakes,
    The wøndërful telephøne system,
    And mäni interesting furry animals,
    Including the majestik møøse.
    A Møøse once bit my sister...

:p

11. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] I have been offered to give an english course at our Volkshochschule (an evening school for adults), because the teacher, who‘s a friend of my sis, has to move to another town and can't finish the course.

While I think I do speak english reasonably well, all my previous teaching experiences are from my army time ... :D ... so I wonder how that would be ... "STAND STILL! Today I will tell you about the evil empire, AMERICA! And don't you dare to chat! Stand confrotable now. And on to lesson one which is titled: "Why Bush sucks" :heh: :p

And that would then be my third job ... only lord knows how I'll be able to coordinate my working ... geez ... :rolleyes: ... What have I gotten myself into? A life perhaps? (that development would correspond with me being driven out of #sorcerers top-ten ... ;) )

12. Splunge

Splunge Bhaal’s financial advisor Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I didn't understand a word of what you just said.

( :p :p :p )

13. Jaguar Gems: 27/31

Veteran

[​IMG] And really Splunge, did he want us too?

14. Lady Luthien Gems: 6/31

Hey Splunge!!!!

:grin:
    I'm so happy to say I understood that (I've watched the DVD only a week ago for the first time!!!)

Am feeling part of an elite of comedy classics fans :happy: !

15. Faerus Stoneslammer Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Woohooo!! I'm now officially done all of my classes in my first year of university. All I've got left to do is write my 5 exams, and I'll be DONE! first year.
    Drinks all around!!
    Time to get hammered!! (err, "time" meaning "later tonight")
    Woot.

16. Oxymore Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Héhé, my turn.

Woohooo!! I'm now officially done all of my classes in my third year of university. All I've got left to do is write my 9 exams, and I'll be DONE! Third year.

Time to get ... to work, I guess. :heh:

17. Dice

Media:
    I'm so horrible :wail: I accidently left my sons hamster cage open last night and now he's gone. We leave the door to my son's room open all the time and the hamster is definatly not there. I wish my cat could talk then she could at least tell me if she ate him or not. I'm hoping that he was smart enough to get into a closet or something and that he'll appear in the night. What an idiot I am. I might have killed my son's pet.

18. Jaguar Gems: 27/31

Veteran

It's all right. The great thing about hamsters is that they are easily replacable and it is easy to find ones that look similar.

Call your local pet shop or look in the phone book under 'Deception'. :D

19. Dice

Media:
    Actually it's too late for the deception part. My son was the one who discovered the open, empty cage and then burst into tears. Although being five he seems satisfied with the idea of going and buying a gerbel tomorrow if our little hamster doesn't show up tonight.

20. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

[​IMG] Oh, you will do just fine, Ragusa.

Wir Deutschen haben doch ne Schwäche für Autoritätspersonen. ;) Von wegen Hörigkeit gegenüber der Obrigkeit etc...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.