1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #25

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Aug 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Awww *hugs Jaguar* Feel better, now?

I feel like an alley topic coming on.... thanks to some little moppets who knew squat about traffic ruyles, my bicycle is in pieces, my pants muddy, and my backside hurting like hell. *grumble*

On the other hand, my therapist didn't blinbk an eye at the strange and mysterious wounds on my forearm... the result of me testing kitchen knives.

What? :p

2. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Well, to be honest, therapists are used to people who cut themselves to brighten their day. When that becomes every day business for you, you stop being amazed at it eventually. The fact that you're joking about it, as if it is some trivial thing while it concerns your own wellbeing both physically and mentally, frightens me however.

3. Arabwel

Media:
    Actually, I did not do it to brighten my day, i was honestly testing the kitchen knivves... and imho, there's no better way. All but two need sharpemning since a standard application of force did not break the skin.

And yes, I am extremely weird. THat's why the "What? :p " part :p

And what I meant was that she did not start clucking at me like a hen from the monet she saw them like my previous therapist did. :rolleyes:

4. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Sounds like you are trying to convince yourself of that.

5. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Am I the only one that twitches every time I see people writing "Charname this" and "Charname that"? Why can't people say "the hero", or "protagonist", or whatever, just not Charname, as if the code reference was a real name. Good grief... :bang:

6. Blue Loon Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

It bothers me too but I am a good sheep and follow along. Besides it is hard to spell protagonist.

7. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Changes her name to Charname the Protagonist :lol:

8. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

/me changes his name to Charname the Hero ;)

9. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Maybe Char is short for Charlene.

10. Blue Loon Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Sheep too I suppose?

Someone in a diffrent forum (bababling thread even) showed me this and it has been pissing me off for an hour now: 64 or 65?

11. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    If you look closely at the before and after in that 64=65 thing, you see that they really don't fit together as perfectly as it seems. See the thicker black line between them? And also look at the shapes of the squares at the borders. They aren't perfect squares are they?

All that little bit of mismatch all over the borders adds up to the one square.

If you have some fine grid paper you can try it out and see for yourself.

12. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Sir Blackthorne the wise!

13. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Looked at the 64=65 thing before reading Blackthorne's post and it is pretty freaky.

Finally saw 28 Days Later a couple days ago and I loved Godspeed You Black Emperor's "East Hastings" at the start when Jim's wandering around. One of the most fitting and atmospheric songs I've heard in a film for ages.

14. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

That old 64=65 thing has been doing the rounds for years. I'm surprised you people (who are usually on the cutting edge of just about everything) haven't seen that before. I remember it being in one of my bumper puzzle and brainteaser books when I was a kid. Still, it's a great gag nonetheless.

15. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

Well, I've only been here for just over a year and there's not many other places I go except to look up specific things.

Like song lyrics, movie stuff, you know - the important things in life.

16. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Hmmmm....I think lately I've been on the need-to-be-sharpened edge. I probably should drink more V8 juice.

17. Aldazar Gems: 24/31

Going out to the pub again tonight, hopefully the young lady I had my eye on 2 weeks ago will be out again. this time I might try getting a bit more bold too.

18. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

Went to the local skin joint across from work today. Free pool Thursdays. Though I did have a little trouble focusing at certain points...

19. Arabwel

Media:
    Aww, poor Jaggy.

I think I am cursed... my broadband has yet to go active, and it won't for a while... *groan* Guess why? I am moving again!

Then again, the moving part is sort of cool... if I don'rt manage to get this one apartment that is prvately-owned, I managed to cut myself into the public housing line thanks to mom's boyfriend knowing the dude in charge.

*snicker*

I also realized, thanks to hgim pointing it out, that the cute male I have been flirting with is our equivalent of a mayor. Oops.... :rolleyes:

20. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31

I feel like a falling stone in a world of glass Destroying everything on my way down deep down the rabbit hole....

Pitch black.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.