1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #26

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Ha, Laiwethel - welcome to the hell that is shared student housing.

When I moved out of residence I shared an apartment with three computer science guys - a.k.a. those mysterious slovenly mole people who stay up until five a.m. finishing the homework due that day and then sleep until well past noon - regardless of when they were supposed to be in class. I swear, I heard the three of them comment along the lines of "Well my program works, kind of, well enough to get a B at least, I think." so often that it made me sick.

I on the other hand tended to get up at 6 A.M. and wandered out of my room into their filth wondering why on earth did I ever move off campus. I brought my own fridge - the main fridge was quite frankly a bio-hazard and I had the wonderful experience (twice actually) of one of my roommates somehow managing to clog the toilet and overflow it so that the entire floor of my room was covered with toilet water.

I am the only person that I know of who moved back into the university's residences after having moved off-campus. Having a single room with weekly maid service, cafateria meals and considerably less noise than in my apartment building seemed worth the extra $1,000/semester.

I can honestly say that the year of living in that apartment has killed any possibility that I would ever consider (a) living in an apartment building or (b) sharing any sort of living space with another guy.

2. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

[​IMG] Dentists are evil, almost as evil as ties, and thankfully I dont have to wear one @ work, I don't get paid enough for that corporate torture :)

@ work right now, I'm dead bored, I think I'm going to make some paper airplanes out of post-its and throw them @ my supervisor :D post-its rule!!

3. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Some days I am just SO glad to be a female, since we're not supposed to wear torture devices ad strangle ourselves.

AND of course, i am rtall enough to not to need heels :D

4. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

JSBB:

Ouch. Definately sounds like you didn't have a good experience. My housemates aren't too bad, but living in a house with four girls and one and a half bathrooms can get interesting sometimes.

And one of the girls has to have every single little thing organized. I can appreciate knowing that I need to do a certain chore by a certain day, but posting a sign saying what chores need to be done and when they have to be done by, I find that a bit much.

I just don't appreciate being woken up by people talking loudly in the kitchen with no consideration of the fact that I was still asleep, or trying to sleep.

5. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I can definitely appreciate the hastles of bathroom juggling - not from my apartment experience as my roommates were typically in bed or just getting into bed when I got up but the first house that my parents owned had only one bathroom and there were four of us.

Compared to that I am laughing now, I have 2.5 bathrooms all to myself in my house. :)

6. Arabwel

Media:
    My last case of apartmen-sharing was an utter failure... the otrher rooms were all rented to males, only one of them was ever round, the landlord nevrertr duid anything he was supposed to and it just sucked. Like anyone reading the random babble last month can attest to :D

I just got a call tht told me that my wallet had been found in the local supermarket, and I hadn't even realized it was gone. Boy, do i feel stupid.

Thankfully, not everyone is like me.

7. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] we got our car boot open - but my school unfiorm was all creased up. So I had to wear my old school skirt which is huge and pleated and more like a parachute.

Probably the only time in my life I wished I had a shorter skirt :xx:

but means I could do schoolwork at school and not get into trouble for coming to school without books...

so yay and all that.

it was jammed because my mothers bag was caught in the lock when the boot was slammed shut - there is a hole in the bag now.

8. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31

I lost £50 cash once, don't ask me how I managed it, but I went on a massive shopping spree and didn't even realive I lost it, I also left £20 hanging out of an ATM machine and then was told two days later that the bank is holding some idiots money behind the counter that was left in the cash outlet, (so I got out some money got my card and left the money :D ), when I checked my balance of my account... Boy, did I feel stupid... you now have an extra pocket in your bag now 8people, how cool is that?

9. Dark Haired Beauty Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Sometimes sharing an apartment with other girls can be funny. An example is our fridge has become the random babbling place with a constant use of little yellow sticky notes.

We need some food
    We had food your bf ate it all
    He was hungry I didn't think anyone would care
    We are hungry too.
    I bought food last time
    Pizza and beer is not real food
    Well everyone cant live off cigarettes like you
    I'll remember that next time you want one
    Girls I'm sorry I'll buy some food (roomies bf)
    You should you eat like a ton a day
    Are you saying Im fat
    No your just short for your weight

the notes just go on and on. :D

10. Arabwel

Media:
    *gets a mental image of the Random Babble turnning intop a mile-high pile of post-it notes*

I am SO glad that there are computers.

:p

11. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Slayer of the Coast - it was my mothers bag and it was on the strap ;)

12. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31

not cool then.. my first house share was a major problem, there was 6 of us, and one bathroom, yeah... just one. lets just say mornings were interesting with 3,4 or 5 of us sitting on the stairs waiting for a miracle to happen...

13. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I've always hated sharing rooms or houses with people other than family or good friends. Thankfully, my house and uni are in the same city, so I can still live in that quiet room of mine.

14. Arabwel

Media:
    GOod for you :)

Me, I finally relish having my very owwn apartment that I don't have to share with random insane people, random juvenile delinquents or just random people... and sans a drunk uncle downstairs.

Even if the kids next fdoor are v. noisy :p

15. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

The only time I lived away from home, it was in a Hostel we had individual rooms. Never shared a room. But Im sure that must suck.

XXX is on HBO right now.
    Love that movie.

16. Laiwethel Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

I shared a room in my first year of uni, and really didn't enjoy it. My roommate was always up until 2 or 3 in the morning, talking (whining actually) to her mother or her best friend, or typing away on her computer, which had a very noisy keyboard.

I had classes almost every morning at 8:30, so I didn't appreciate her not respecting the fact that I needed sleep. She also listened to a lot of rap, hip-hop and the like, which happen to be the only types of music that I cannot stand. Since she didn't have a CD player or a sound card on her computer, she would often use my computer, without my permission, to play her music while I was at class.

After that, I definately did not want to move back into residence.

17. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Is anyone else fed up of hearing about flipping Iraq?

18. Ziad

Ziad I speak in rebuses Veteran

Media:
    Well, unless someone finds a way to clear up this mess real soon (hah! dream on), we'll probably be hearing about it for a long time to come.

Frankly, I sometimes really think the best thing to do would be to throw the TV out of the window and stop buying newspapers.

19. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I guess I'll go to bed early today. Life and all.

And my teeth are aching like hell. Might be better to sleep with it.

20. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I see a light at the end of this tunnel but I bet It's a train But the question is: Will it take me somewhere?

Leaves Eyes is a nice band but it's not that Original IMHO...

So Tomorow we study some more!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.