1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #28

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Oct 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faraaz Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

I didn't think this could ever happen...but I'm actually BORED of Baldurs Gate!! :eek: I never thought that was possible!

Ah well...back to Fire Emblem. :D

2. Alavin

Alavin If I wanted your view, I'd read your entrails Veteran

Going out to a friend's 18th birthday party soon. We have a very small friend who can't handle his drink. He also holds controvercial views on pretty much anything, and especially hates communists (apparently it's God's will to kill them all). Last time we went to a party together, he was asked what he thought of current farming methods after only about one pint, and he went off about communists. Today we're forcing some harder stuff than beer down him - I wonder what we'll get from him tonight?

3. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    @ DHB and Chev: The who IS the average?

The damn purring buzzaws woke me at an ungodly hour... again. Go to love 'em, the little fuzzballs.

*yawn*

:coffee:

Urgh. We need a soda bottle smilie :p

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    No one. If there are two halves, there can't be any middle. Therefore the average is empty. There's just an above average half and a below average half.

Theoretically, we could assume that:

N is the number of people
    N/2 is the below average part
    X is the number of ideally average people

Therefore, the number of above average people would be: N - N/2 - X

Or, orientating strictly on getting the average folks:

N is the number of people
    N/2 is the below average part
    Y is the above average part:
    X is the average people

Therefore, X = N/2 - Y

However, such an assumption wouldn't work in practice, as whatever factor we take in comparison, there will always be at least a slight difference between any given two people. The mean would almost 100% likely be a very ugly fraction (linfinite fraction). There would be a one in gazillion chance of that infinite fraction being identical with the compared factor in a given individual, but that's not really going to happen.

Therefore, there would most likely be a certain assumed line dividing the populace in two groups, one on each side. We could select an individual in whom our factor meets the mean most closely, but as there would be no perfect match here, the man wouldn't really be average. Just closest to the average of all people surveyed.

Hope this cleared things up a bit. :p :D

5. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Don't give him vodka?

6. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Ugh. One of our home health aides got fired today for turning in timesheets stating that she was seeing a patient that died two weeks ago. Now, I have to compile all paperwork we have on this patient, and go to hospitals, doctors, and other agenies to get all of their documentation about said patient.
    If this gets too bad, I get to start talking to lawyers, since it was one of "my" patients she pulled this stunt with.

7. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    It's snowing! How could this happen to me so early in the year! *shudder*

Well, at least I'm on the 3rd floor, so if we have a blizzard or a wite-out I won't be trapped in my apartment. :rolling:

8. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

So you can step out of the 3rd floor window only to plummet through 20 feet of powdery soft snow?

9. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

No snow here. 92% humidity today. Summer is on its way!

10. Arabwel

Media:
    bah, you lucky Southerners!

*sigh*

I have a headache and a kitten in my pants.

Thankfully, the pants are on the floor.

*hugles Stefanina*

11. Kitrax

Media:
    Hey, that actually sounds kind of fun! If the snow gets high enough to get near the second story of my building, maybe I'll try it. But with my luck, under the first 5 inches of snow, there would probably be 10 feet of hard, compacted ice. The would hurt.

[edit] Top of lucky page 7...woohoo! :rolling:

12. Jaguar Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Veteran

I get to do a big person job at work to day. I don't know if I can do my regular job again after this.

13. Arabwel

Media:
    *pats Jaguar on the head* Good boy!

*sigh*

I really should sleep sometimes...

14. Kitrax

Media:
    Jaguar, what's that? Stand around while your employees do all the work...similar to my job, except that I'm the one that does all the work while my managers stand around looking stupid. :D

That will soon change when I become a manager at a Cold Stone Ice Cream shop... :rolling:

15. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I hearby dedicate this post to my rogue stone, and to the Random Babbling which has gotten me this far.
    I would like to thank the following spammers for helping me get this far: Arabwel - Queen of Spam, Keneth - my mentor in spam, and Elios - when he was about the spam flowed like water.

:rolling:

16. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    Way to go Aik. 'bout time you got that baby. Now, how long before you figure the only way to go is an avatar?

17. Arabwel

Media:
    *huggles Aik*

Oh, I am SO proud of you!

*wipes tears from her eyes*

Such a sweet young spammer you are!

18. Faraaz Gems: 26/31

Congrats Aik...

That is my dream...the glorious Rogue Stone Bwahahahah!! :evil: :hahaerr:

Um..yeah...one step at a time. :D

19. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Rogue stone? Your puny mortal concerns... :lol: :evil: :grin:

20. Faraaz Gems: 26/31

Ahh...get outta here Chev. :p

What you are doing is called rubbing salt into other's wounds. Or being insensitive to their...um.. shortcomings. :angry:

Yeah...well...here goes post number 687! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.