1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #45

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Sep 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

We'll miss you, chev. Are you finally going on real holidays?

[ September 26, 2005, 09:54: Message edited by: Colthrun ]

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Thanks. To hospital, actually. The putting off has finally come to an end and the surgery is scheduled on Tuesday, although they might want to put it off by a week. I'll know tomorrow. If you don't see me on SP, it means they didn't.

Edit: I had to put it off.

[ September 26, 2005, 05:40: Message edited by: chevalier ]

3. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Real Life is an insidious virus which attacks those of humanoid persuasion. As with most viral infections, there is no known cure and no innoculation at this point. According to the medical community, Real Life has, but is not excluded to, the following symptoms: Lack of sleep, Addiction to caffine, Liberal use of the :bang: smilie and Complaints of job/school/parenthood. Real Life is highly contagious and precautions against getting infected are strongly reccommended.

@chev - I'll save a brownie for you when you get well enough to chew it. :yum:

4. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    /me hugs chev

good luck!

As a rather random note, cinnamon toast roxxorz. Like woah. :love: :yum:

5. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Great! Just ­ great! I had nothing but tech problem today... :bang:

1) I wanted to play Fable; The lost Chapter. It ran perfectly at the highest quality possible, this friday. But now it doesn't work anymore it lagg more and is buggier than POR2. Meh!

I tried; Installing a new Nvidia driver for my card, Re-installing the old driver, Re-installing the game, Lower the quality. But NO Mr. Computer say it can't work... :flaming:

2) Okay I said then I'll play Baldur's Gate 1. The character I created last week didn't suit my taste, so I just deleted him. When I want to start a new game I can't I just can't (I've made a thread about this in the Baldur's Gate forum btw). But since my last save was deleted (by me) I can't re-load it :doh: .

Okay I said; so I re-installed it, installed all the patches but NO.

3) OKAY I said, Then I'll play Castlevania on my PSX emulator. Great I found a way to make the sound work! Yeah! But now it lagg more than POR2 on a 286 computer.

So I tried to de-install the whole emulator along with the plugging. I re-installed it no problem, add some plugging. But now it won't work, 'cause this freakin' emulator says '' Error loading pluging\cyberpad.dll '' But I checked and there is NO cyberpad.dll in my plugging directory. :mad:

So basicly NO games work, except maybe some old DOS game like DOOM and WOLFEINSTEIN...

:help: :bang: I'm going crazy, help! I think I never rebooted my compy so many times in a frakin' single` goddamn day

6. kuemper Gems: 31/31

:jawdrop: OMFG! I just made a shot of a lifetime! I was putting a bottle of Mt. Dew :yum: :love: in the recycling and had the removed cap in my hand. I notice the garbage can about 12 feet from where I'm standing. I make my little speech:

Three-quarter court shot. She lines it up and-

SLAP! SWISH! I fly the cap over my hubby, hit the bookcase with all our computer CDs and into the trash can! Ah, victory is sweet. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

7. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Hi guys, I'm home from Egypt. It is beastly hot and the food isn't the best but who cares when everytime you turn around you are visiting something mind boggling.

I flew out of Cairo at 3:30 AM this morning and I am leaving on a business trip to New York City at 6:30 AM tomorrow morning.

Anyway, I would strongly recommend visiting Egypt - the Pyramids actually ranked fairly low on the list of the amazing things we saw. The ancient temples in Abu Simbel, Kom Ombo, Edfu and Luxor are absolutely incredible.

8. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Egypt rules.

9. Arabwel

Media:
    Am getting an urge to re-read Mika Waltari's The Egyptian.....

or make a huge sandwich that needs induustrial equipment to dismantle.

10. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

what IS it with little brothers? don't they EVER learn their lessons? last time he ran up gambling debts up to around $5,000USD and our parents had to pay and now I've heard he's STILL gambling?? and he's in his first semester at unviersity where the required average is a 1.8 and he has a mid-semestral average of 1.3??? Crap. I'm going to have to talk to him later..

i hate doing this stuff. i have enough problems of my own making.

11. Ofelix

Media:
    You know what his very ironic? I've just watched Interview with the vampire on television (in it's original english version). On the first part of the movie where it's set in New Orlean in the New France time, many actors had french accent when they spoke, yet I had trouble understanding them because of that... Such Irony, to me at least.

12. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Good luck Chev. It won't be the same without you around.

Hopefully I will be back tomorrow. I'm going to be...gasp....REFORMATING tonight. Turns out that I deleted some rather important files a few weeks ago that I didn't realize were important until my CD drive stopped working properly. Either that or I have a gremlin.

13. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Thank you. It seems, however, that I'll have to put it off by a week. It's a jaw surgery and the cough woke me up from my sleep an hour ago. Having both a nasty cough and a jaw surgery is not a good idea. Off it goes. Just hope next week doesn't bring any surprises.

14. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

ya think? ;) :p

15. Ofelix

Media:
    Well Best wish from me. We'll miss ya Chevalier! Get better soon!

16. Arabwel

Media:
    Dear Gooigle Ads:

I am NOT Swedish.

No love,

Ara

:bang:

17. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Best of luck recovering, Chev. Jaw surgery sucks; I had pieces of bone taken out of mine a few years back, but the recovery was relatively swift. Hope yours is too.

In situations like this, painkillers and cough suppressants are your best friends. Relax, sleep and take a (somewhat enforced) break.

@ kuemper: Preach it! Although I think you left out the :flaming: from the symptoms.

18. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

<rant>

I hate morning traffic. Parents driving their children to the school down the road... Have you ever heard of walking, people?

</end rant>

Hope your cough improves, chevalier, that the surgery goes well, and the recovery even better.

19. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

*shudder* I nearly posted in the AoLS before. Had to forcibly stop myself...

20. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

yerg, my brother is in debt up to $3000USD :eek: how am i going to straighten him out..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.