1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #56

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Dec 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Snowballs? It's the middle of summer! Time for sandcastles, not snowmen!

2. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Nice artwork Undertaker.

3. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Not mine, copy-pasted from another board or sth like that.
    @HB: blah, it's the middle of the winter :D December=X-mas=Santa, Santa needs snow, snow=winter. Any other questions?

4. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

December = summer = sunny weather = walking to the beach = having Christmas barbecue = watching cricket = watering the garden so the lawn doesn't get too dry.

Santa doesn't need snow - he has plenty of that where he lives.

5. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    /me dumos all the excess snow from the yard in HB's garden.

there. :p

6. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Santa=reindeers, sleigh, sleigh need snow. X-mas needs X-mas tree and such come from snowlands :p
    /me throws a snowball in HBs dirrection

....\....|...../..../.../...
    ...\\....\...|.|../...//
    ...\\\...\\....//...///
    .\\\..#########..///
    .\\..###.........###..//
    --..##...............##..--
    ..--..##..squish!!..##..--
    ..--..##...............##..--
    //..###......###..\\.....
    ...///..########..\\\
    ..///...//...\\.. \\\..\
    .//.../..|.|.\...\\...\
    ..../......|....\.......\\

Ha! A hit! :D

7. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I'm so glad to be home and not anywhere else. I should go make something with cheese considering we have a lot in the fridge.

8. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Canada Post are slow bastards. :mad:

If you want something shipped, rely on UPS instead, people...

Still no hot water... had to take a shower at the in-laws' appartment... hey, at least they like me.

Also, going to the electronic supplies store tomorrow. I will finally test if I have lost my skill in broken wire repairing :shake:

9. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

Oooh... ASCII art in the RBP! :bigeyes:

Hey, do you reckon if the RB's overrun, one of us normals could just start the new thread? I mean, there's nowt stopping us, right? That way, we could save the server software and BTA's valuable time in one fell stroke! Granted, we couldn't close an old RB, but hopefully most folks would have the sense to transfer their spam ... err ... I mean thoughtful, incisive posts, of course ... to the new RB? Just a wee thought for the new year. :roll:

10. Harbourboy

But what if ten people decided to start the new RB at the same time? Then there'd be a RB-a-thon and there'd be all sorts of battles to see whose RB was the coolest and most official version and whose were merely pirated knock-offs.

11. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I havn't showered in 2 days. too busy playing NWN online :p

12. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

It simply wouldn't work, because not everyone would notice that there was a new RB and might post in the old one by accident. And having over-lapping posts would ruin the continuity of the RBs, not to mention screwing up my History thread. :nono: And I've already seen some of what happens to people who start their own babbling thread; there's a reason noone's tried in quite some time. :mommy:
    Of course, if one of us who frequented Whatnots more than the regular mods were given mod power over just this forum, it could be considerably more likely to be closed on time. I'd nominate chevalier as an existing mod who has Babbled more than any other member besides Ara, but he's mostly in the Alleys and News Forums now, and has plenty on his plate already. Naturally, the comparison brings to mind the Babbling-est member here, Arabwel, so she gets my nomination.

13. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

@HB, Fel: could both problems not be eliminated by whosoever decided to open a new RB simply posting notice of their intent in the old RB? Then folks would know precisely where they stood, without need for mod/admin intervention.

As RATM sang (IIRC): "Take the power back!" ;)

14. Harbourboy

There is continuity in the RBs?? :confused:

("Dad! You killed the zombie Flanders!!"

"He was a zombie?")

15. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now? ★ SPS Account Holder

And who's to say when a new one should be opened? Someone might get cheeky and decide to open a new one after 487 posts instead of 500. You never know when someone might get it into their head to start one pre-emptively, or even make their own. "Hey, if they just started one, why can't I?" It sounds like far more trouble for the mods than they already have.

Assigning a reliable Whatnots mod, on the other hand, keeps the tradition of mod opening and also keeps the masses in check. It's also a moderately easily reversable option if it doesn't work out. All Tal would have to do is revoke mod powers, and the experiment would be over. Giving free rein to 9000+ adult children is far harder to take back.

@HB:
    Yes, chronological continuity. The RBs tell the story of SPers lives, as well as that of SP itself. RBP#14 was even re-named "In Memory of Tobias", an SPer (and brother of another SPer) who died during the existence of that RB. You could even call them recorded history, if you were so inclined. Even our arguments here and now on the subject are recorded for future posterity. :heh:

EDIT (after seeing the post below):
    Of course, not all of it is gold. :shake:

[ December 29, 2005, 00:55: Message edited by: Felinoid ]

16. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

:nono: Don't eat the yellow snow.

17. Harbourboy

They do? Last I looked it was just a collection of meaningless gems like:

"Yay, I'm 3rd on the new RB!"
    "Oooh, 666 posts. I'm so :evil: " and
    "There is continuity in the RBs?? "

18. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Didn't eat any but I made some :shake:

19. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

Oh. Well, that's okay then.

20. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    This week is going to suck. I have to work on New Year's Eve...and worst of all, I had to shave today! :rolleyes:

Oh, and Undertaker, you might want to try your code thingy within the "
    Code:

" brackets so it will be displayed correctly. :thumb: :rolling:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.