1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #84

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Jan 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Shell: basically, nothing. Vitamin C, in less extreme amounts than you've taken, may indeed help boost your immune system to help it deal with the baddies. Some people think zinc helps. I've tried it all, in a neurotic attempt to keep from getting stuffy before speaking engagements, and nothing I've tried works.

Wash hands. Wash hands. Wash hands. After touching anything public or anyone else, don't touch eyes or nose or mouth before washing hands.

But happy new year anyway, cold or not!

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Stop self-medicating! Go to a doctor. It's probably the citric acid causing your sore throat. Drink some chocolate milk and nibble on salted crackers.

/Dr. Mom

Lego Star Wars is fun to watch.

I watched someone playing by using a battle droid to sneak around the bad battle droids. Well, they start swarming over the droid PC, but not attacking! So there's 10-15 battle droids in a huge clump trying to get close to the PC.

And at Dexter's Diner, the parking lot is a big rumble area. Jedi fighting Sith, the 4 Amedalas/Padmes shooting droids, 3 Obis picking on each other for Jedi supremacy... :hahaerr:

3. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    To prevent bacteria, virusses and other crap? I suppose disinfection is what you need. Daniel's, Walker, Bingham, Wyborowa, Polish vodka?

4. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Shell, seriously, slow down on the Vitamin C. You're poisoning yourself, damaging your bones (that much C interferes with calcium uptake) and maybe your liver, which, given its function in immune processing, may be contributing to your illness.

If you're running a fever go to a doctor.

5. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    There are a lot of foods that have antibacterial agents. Garlic is very good for that, especially in its raw form. Another good thing to do is squeeze fresh lime juice on foods. That will kill harmful bacteria as well. I think if you generally eat a large variety of fresh fruits and vegetable and drink LOTS of water you will find that you do not get sick often.

6. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Haha, so we didn't go to bed until well after 6 am. And then I was the last one to leave, waking up at 12:15 (every else left by ten thirty...).

7. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Some people can be so unreliable. My best friend was supposed to be here to watch a movie an hour ago, and now I'm going to be late to bed on a work night :aww:

8. Dice

Media:
    Oh well, just think about it this way, you'll sleep lots when you're dead so a couple hours missed here or there wont matter. Just drink extra strong coffee in the morning.

9. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I ate burnt food.

I liked it.

:nuts: :confused:

10. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

My wife screwed up again, and told me that I didn't have to work again tonight and I did. I geuss I am going to have to take over the master scheduling. I just now got caught up, and they floated me over to our step down unit. I am going home and sleeping a few hours and then heading off to see me Mum. At least she only lives four hours away!

[ January 02, 2007, 08:44: Message edited by: Brallrock ]

11. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Too many friends throwing too many parties...

New Year’s Eve was crazy...we were invited to dinner at some upscale "authentic" Japanese restaurant, got offered a VIP pass to a "hot" local night club, and we were invited to 3 different parties.

So we went to dinner...where I had to eat sushi and squid... :nolike: Then we stopped at one party to say hi and so I could take a shot or two...and then we drove 50 miles south to my best friend's party, where we spent new years at playing drinking games and lighting fireworks. :bigeyes:

And once again, I managed to avoid the hangover somehow... :thumb: I wonder if it's the 12 hours of sleep that keeps hangovers from happening. :hmm: :rolling:

12. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Yeah, rub it in. I'm still hung over the morning after the morning after... And I have work :( yay...

13. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I have never been hung over in my life (being under the legal drinking age helps)

14. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Burnt cheese on top of things like pizza and pasta is delicious :yum:

15. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    I found out I can get to this site on the tills at work :D Not sure if I should risk trying to log in, although it is usually rather busy so I doubt I'd get the chance....but its still awesome! :p

As to Hang Overs...I don't seem to get them, even when I drink so much I forget what happened!...Infact I tend to wake up earlier than normal, and feel more refreshed, probably cos my brain goes to sleep way before my body does so its recharging while I'm making an idiot of myself :p

16. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Please let holiday programming be over with now.

17. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Nice parties :p On the new year eve my girlfriend and I didn't sleep untill 6h00...but we did sleep 'till 12h00. *yaaawwwwn* need coffee :coffee:

18. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    I downloaded a game called Westward...it's cool. Slightly reminds me of BG

19. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Why oh Why I'd have to have another party this night? Poor me, Weed, Alchool, Friend, Music... Poor poor me... :p :lol:

/me goes singin'
    C'est dans le temps du jour de l'an...

20. Dice

Media:
    I found a cool website where you can play the original NES games for free! I spent last night browsing and reminiscing about the games I had forgotten I playing when I was a kid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.