1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #85

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Jan 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

2. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Slept too long, and now my back is quite stiff. Oh well, at least I got caught up on some sleep, and it will loosen up with some stretching and walking.

I have work to do today on the new living room, I would like to get a lot done today, but we will see.

3. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Need sleep, breakfast, and someone to do the washing up. It's never-ending!

4. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

You're mixing asthma with smoking tobacco?!?

You have your reason for stopping, Flix - unless emphysem is something that turns you on.

5. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Sorry mate, but you've only got yourself to blame! I can never sympathize with people who moan about working extra hours, when they're not being forced to. Are you early, or are they late? Does you boss make you stay late and let them leave early? I doubt it. You choose to go in early and choose to stay late to finish your work. That's the price you pay for having a sense of 'loyalty' to your workplace! This week I start at 8am. That means I'm walking through the door at 7.59am. When I start at that time, that means I finish at 4.30pm. Regardless of my workload at that time, you don't see me for dust when that final minute turns from 4.29pm to 4.30pm. Work is to pay the bills and fund piss-ups. Don't give it any more importance than that. I don't work a MINUTE more than what I get paid for, unless my boss specifically asks me to and says I will get paid overtime for it.

6. Daie d'Malkin

Barmy, good luck with your career :D

I'm applying for a job in Somerfields, that's how desperate for work I am.

7. Barmy Army

Media:
    Well to be honest mate, I do my work well. I'm a hard worker, helpful and quite knowledgeable in the field I work in. I'm just not prepared to put extra unpaid hours for nothing. I've got better things to do with my time. If my boss asks me to stay, I'll stay, provided I'm getting paid for it. Otherwise, he's not got a leg to stand on. No boss, anywhere, can ask you to work hours you're not getting paid for. People who put in extra hours of their own volition then complain about it get no sympathy from me. If you're workload is too big that you can't finish your work in the deadline in your normal hours, then that's something to take up with your boss so you can get help. No extra hours from me sunshine, unless you're giving me overtime for it! I went into work straight from school and I've always been in a job, because I'm a good worker. I just learned very quickly that working extra hours very rarely goes noticed so it simply just isn't worth it.

8. Daie d'Malkin

Extra hours= more money for booze and/or LARP equipment= Fun for Daie, in the long run.

9. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Snow flurries, cold wind, sudden need to reorganize (well, OK, organize for the first time) part of my office to make room for a new piece of furniture coming tomorrow, when I'm off. Yuck.

Sorry about all you sick 'uns, as we would say in East Tennessee. Fluids and bed rest, I guess. I would avoid most daytime TV though, unless you have better options than we do here.

10. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I got my job interview tomorrow :help: My manager's been scaring me all afternoon about what the area manager's like, and now I've got myself in a right muddle. Hope I calm down in time!

11. Barmy Army

Media:
    You'll be fine Urith mate. Everyone whittles themselves into a mess about interviews, and everyone comes out thinking it went badly. It always goes OK though :thumb: . Best of luck fella!

12. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Urith, I'd tell you to relax but that is hardly ever advice people can follow! :)

Just focus on what you're going to be able to contribute to the organization in this new job. And decide in advance that you'll do well!

13. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Those cassava chips are quite spicy. :flaming:

14. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Exams are tomorrow, it is English swo I should do ok, but I got an 83 in overall!! I am not an 83 person, espescially in English, darn teacher is tough. But she is great...... I will miss english class next term.

15. Brallrock Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Well I measured and ordered new windows, painted the runners on the drop ceiling, painted all the walls, and fetched the ceiling tiles as well as some other supplys. After supper I geuss I will have to put up the new ceiling tiles if the paint is dry enough. I gotta go back to work to rest up.

16. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Happy Australia day to all of the other Aussies on the boards. Hope your all doing as I am and having a BBQ for lunch and swimming for the rest of the afternoon (unless of course you live in a cold place)

17. Brallrock Gems: 23/31

Veteran

I suppose I could go swimming, if I wanted to cut through the ice and do the polar bear thing. I did it once and that was enough, talk about shrinkage!

18. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Barmy, I used to think the same way you do, but when starting a buisness trust me you HAVE to stash in extra hours - ever since the opening of the custom branch at the shop, I've been doing extra hours aplenty because there is SO MANY issues that need to be taken care of... but it's worth it, let me tell ya. Of course I still have to answer to my boss... but I have a much greater freedom of action since I am the manager of the custom shop.

If all goes well, I've been thinking about purchasing the shop - my part at least - as my own.

We'll see where it goes... but as Jeff Hardy would say: "Expand your imagi-nation!"

19. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    [Insert Random anger at life here] Grrrrrrrrrr!! AGgrrr!!!!

20. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Not having a good day Flix?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.