1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #85

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Jan 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

There's over 350k files on my hard drive. With some Medieval II and Free Cell, it was 4 and a half hours to do the virus scan!

2. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Morning peeps. :coffee2:

Yuh, must be the inversions we're having here that I've woken up every morning to the smell of exhaustion gas. The airconditioning of this building sucks "fresh" air straight from the outside, with no filters or anything in between. So basically, with the inversions, the airconditioning just sucks during the morning rush-hours.

Otherwise, I'm feeling quite spineless. Time for some Dink Smallwood. :shake:

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Dinsdale - Where in CA are you from?

I've never been to Mammoth, but I've been to Big Bear....it's been over 10 years...IIRC, one of my old CA friends told me Big Bear isn't very popular anymore. Don't know if that's true or not. When you live in a place where you can count the total number of ski resorts in the entire state on one hand, you can't complain too much... :p :rolling:

4. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Ow! My liver...

5. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Been playing Counter-Strike all day... and geting owned at it! Being shot over and over in the head with a sniper rifle is no fun at all.

I did get satisfaction in shoting them in return though.

Ah well... night all.

6. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I too must succomb to sleeps sweet call, it bekons me with tales of sweetness, and its pull I cannot throw off.

Freezy rain on the winsheild all the way home, making it so I could only go about 45 MPH all the way home(22 miles) from work.

7. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    @ LNT - I presume, I sent that by e-mail. Before she replied she made a hurried cigarette break with a colleague, before she decided to be flattered. Which is good ;)

8. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Mmmm, cigarettes...

And it's been bugging me since he started posting in RBP:

DINSDALE!!!!!

/MPFC reference

9. Ragusa

Media:
    I'm trying to find reasons not to go out running right now. I don't find any except that it is cold outside. Sadly, I have winter running clothes. Alas ...

10. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    You might catch a cold. Or get mugged by a rabid squirrel. Either of those do ? :grin:

11. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

No inversions here - it was 27F when I got up - and the house reeked of skunk. Sometimes, for reasons known only to their kind, they come by and anoint the outside heat/ac unit. It will be better later today but I am glad to be out of the house until it clears.

Maybe snow tonight, though this afternoon is supposed to be nice.

12. Ragusa

Media:
    Aaah, the excuse I seeked arrived when I returned, rain, too late ...

13. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

The 4-pack of Full Throttle didn't affected my sleep at all, oddly - can you say immunity?

On a different note, still nothing from Bell stupidity. _!@*($^_!@^*( :mad: :mad: :mad:

Meh. Who cares 'bout them anyway. This is a buyer's market - if they don't bother to give a f*** 'bout me, then the competition will welcome me with open arms.

14. revmaf

DoTW says:
    I would love to be in a buyer's market. Out here in the boonies, there's one overpriced internet provider, one overpriced phone company, one overpriced cell provider that actually works and one more reasonably priced one that sometimes does, one overpriced and underfeatured cable provider - :mad:

Ah, well I could rant on. On the other hand I can leave the car unlocked and it's still there when I get back.

15. Ragusa

Media:
    Just saw Bill O'Reilly on Stephen Colbert, best lines at the end, after Colbert asked O'Reilly who's got the best parking space over at FOX, him or Hannity.

O'Reilly said Hannity. Colbert asked if O'Reilly could take Hannity, and O'Reilly said he doesn't want to fight - they're Irish guys. Colbert looked perplexed 'You're Irish guys, you don't want to fight? O'Reilly: 'No, that's a cliche...Hannity would kick my butt. Colbert persisited saying O'Reilly's got the reach, and O'Reilly responded 'I'm effete. I'm not a tough guy. This is all an act. I'm sensitive. Colbert replied 'If you're an act, then what am I?

Knockout.

16. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I've been very energetic lately. Maybe it comes from getting close to 8 hrs sleep each night for the past three days. Who know sleep could be so benifical? :hmm:

17. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Why is it that nicotine gum makes me feel nauseated, but cigarettes don't?

So yeah, I'm thinking about quitting smoking as well, but dagnammit, I'm seriously thinking about finding the closest gas-station just to get one more pack before I really quit it. That'd work....

We'll see how tomorrow goes...

18. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Hah, I'm starting a trend :p six days and counting ^_^

19. revmaf

Quit, quit, quit, all you smokers. Please. And I won't go into all the nasty details of why I plead this - you already know them. Just quit.

20. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Hey I've been quitting for five months now. Of which I actually managed to be without smoking for a months and a half...

It'll happen eventually. It's proving to be one of the hardest things I've tried to do, which is in itself an exhilarating thing to find out that something is this challenging. It'll be even morer rewarding if and when I manage to pull it off.

But it is a hard thing to do when one main content of your life is the smoke you inhale...I need to get out of this rut, this cig-a-rut and this depression I'm in. I'll climb my way up, but it'll take time...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.