1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #85

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Jan 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

A truer word has never been spoken but we did bring a lot of this on ourselves with global warming and the like. Found out today that Brisbane will be completely out of water by the end of next year and I believe that the construction of things to alleviate the problem like a small desalination plant and another dam (which is still not cerain that it will be produced) will not be ready until later. Yay.

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Ha. Those morons to whom I owe lots of money are *lying* when they say I can't get credit for houses, cars, loans and credit cards. I just got American Express card in the mail! ROFLMAO! It's even funnier when it's a credit card from I company I owe money!

3. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Good Morning SPers. Grey today and snow flurries forcast for tomorrow and Saturday. Otherwise all is fine.

4. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    One word; SPAM

Another word; Lack of sleep makes the Flix go Craaazy :nuts:

5. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

As someone once replied to me, not really a good morning, but as I try to remind myself, it is a shameful waste of the daily gift of breath to use it to complain.

Still no heat at work. Waiting, still, for repair to call. Using electric heater in office. Above freezing outside but just barely.

Maybe snow tomorrow and over the weekend - all my teacher and schoolkid friends want snow.

EDIT: repair just called and will be out shortly and thinks the problem, from the symptoms, may be simple and internal fuse related, which, if so, he can fix today - yay, heat!

[ January 18, 2007, 17:18: Message edited by: revmaf ]

6. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Media:
    We got snow in L.A.!?! The world is coming to an end! Run for the hills! :whoa:

7. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    No, the world is almost at an end... it won't end until it snows in Miami...LOL

8. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I have got to stop scheduling training for days when I have worked all night. I had so much trouble staying awake for the stupid class, but at least I got home OK.

Am I the only whose life feels so out of control?

9. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Talking about the weather: we're having a bloody hurricane in the Netherlands!

10. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    We got storm today, too. 200+km/h predicted. After work I had to walk from Hansaring through the rising storm to central station and over the Rhine to Deutz Station, because train traffic had been stopped.

Storm, wind and rain. I love that weather, as long as I'm just wet and not cold and wet - that sort of kills the fun quickly ;) I never felt that awake the entire day. Seemed to be about the only one enjoying the weather. Sissies.

Oh yes, long live windstopper fleece.

11. revmaf

Brall, no, my life's skidding down the cliff, too.

But at least the HEAT's back on. Indeed it was a fuse, and not even a blown one, just one that had worked loose from the rattling of the nearly-out fan motor - ordered new fan motor but the unit should at least heat the building for a while longer.

Hurricane in the Netherlands? Snow in L.A.??? Snow in east TN I can understand and we do expect it in the next day or so.

12. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I got an interview for the job I applied for! :D Things just keep getting better in the house of Uri :roll:

13. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Damn, and I thought we had it bad (only 135km/h here). They advised everybody to stay home and off the roads, but that's pretty damn hard when your brother calls that he's stuck at work, because there isn't a single train on the tracks in the entire country. Luckily I had no problems with blown over trucks blocking the roads.

14. revmaf

yay, Uri - go get it!

15. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Congrats again, Uri :D

Exam went okay today I think. Can think of a few spectacular errors I made. Oh well.

My friend and I had a little agreement before going in that if we couldn't do a question we'd respond with "I like my hair" she lost the nerve to do it though. Bah! I wrote it three times but remembered what I was doing halfway through the exam so I was able to go back and cross it out and continue the paper :)

Winds meant I've only just got home, at almost 9pm. Joy! Feel too ill for school tomorrow now though, blech.

16. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Storms all over Europe. Scary stuff.

In otehr enws, I hate exam rvision. Thought I was done with it forever, but no, exams happen in uni too.

European Politics is boring.

17. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I just hope that f*cking day would end already! :mad:

18. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    My history teacher explained that he had spoken to God and asked if He could "illustrate the wind that blew the Spanish Armada away".

Damn it's hard to walk outside.

19. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Don't forget to have a copy of your resume for your own purposes so you can recall all the wonderful things you've done in your career! ;)

20. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    It's actully RAINING! :banana: I hope this helps the drought.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.