1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #86

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Work suckked big time last night, busy the whole night, barely had time to finish all my paper work before it was time to leave. Now I am going to bed!

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    You should have replied that proper journalism is a job for men and that it seems she's not handling it very well. :lol:

3. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    Then stop enabling it.

4. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Kant done, Stammler done. Errr... no, not really, another chapter to do. Okay. But I want my coffee before Radbruch.

5. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I went to the gym again last night, as some friends wanted to go. Now I'm doubly sore. I better look like a Greek god in about a week and a half. This hurts. And my buddy blew out his shoulder snowboarding last night. Ill luck...

6. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

I have two white hairs! :bigeyes:

(Not counting the ones in my nose... :geezer: )

7. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I start my new job tomorrow :p Looking forward to it despite the early start and late finish >.<

Also, day 11 with no cigarettes ^_^ Feeling good!

8. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Cheesegear, what an idiot that woman was. Glad you walked away from her.

Sorry to hear from so many sick ones - hope all are feeling better. Read an interesting article in the local paper about what over-the-counter cold remedies were actually any good - turns out most of them aren't, surprise, surprise, at least according to this article.

Warmer here today, high should be in 50's, but back down again tomorrow. Historically our monster snowstorms in this part of Tennesse have been in late February and early March. So I have left my outdoor Christmas lights up (though not turned on - I'm not that nutty) on the off chance we'll get enough of a snow to get a nice picture for my 2007 card. I mentioned this to a coworker about an hour ago and he was aghast. Thought I should go home and yank them down at once lest they attract winter weather.

And they make fun of me for my interest in fantasy RPGs - heh, heh.

9. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

I joined the Philosophy Club at school. I do pretty well considering I have only taken the GE Philo Intro class. Some interesting characters are there. I like it.

@Urithrand

Day 12 here! Isn't it great?! I TOTALLY feel better. My mornings are nicer, my food tastes, and my nose smells. Life is good!

10. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Reading books about parenting always make you feel like you're doing everything wrong :hmm:

11. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Day 12, good for you Late-Night Thinker.

He probably didn't have all the input into whether they celebrate V-day or not. I imagine his wife will appreciate her gift and is much happier if her husband participates even if he doesn't enjoy it :lol:

12. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Sigh, I am so bored. I am working from home and I have already finished all of the work I wanted to get done today. I find that I can normally get more done in five hours working from home than I can in two days in the office.

Normally I would play games on my PC while watching for incoming e-mail on my laptop but my mother decided that as a Valentine's day present she would come over and repaint some of my walls for me. The walls are white but she thinks they need a fresh coat of white paint to brighten them up. I was quite happy with the paint how it was and invariably after she is done each section I have to come out and sagely nod as she exclaims about how much whiter the new section is.

So basically I am stuck here having to look like I am busy working.

13. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Bye bye, Radbruch. Hello, del Vecchio.

:book:

14. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Ah Nintendo's marketing department strikes again.

My father went out looking for Wii remote controllers to get one each for my brother and my cousin for Valentine's day presents.

Yeah, they get game controllers and I get a new coat of paint on perfectly fine looking walls.

Anyway, he found only one in the local stores so he went to the next town and found them bundled with a silly game that no one would ever buy for $15 more.

Sure enough he bought two of them and now my brother is going to end up getting two controllers plus a game and my cousin will get a controller and a game.

I am still just getting some paint on some already perfectly good looking walls.

15. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    JSBB... Your mother is painting YOUR house, for YOU? Does anyone else see things the wrong way around here? :shake:

16. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Actually it would be more accurate to say she is painting my house for herself. She is painting it because it bothers her where as she knows it does not bother me so I would not bother painting it myself.

17. Cheesegear Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

...I wish my Mum would paint my apartment...

And JSBB, your Dad buys your brother and cousins Valentine's Day presents? Damn. Back in my day only one person got you a present for Valentine's Day; Your significant other, or your Mum....Maybe your Dad if you're one of those 'weird' people of the female persuasion.
    Heh...'Girls are weird'...I'm hilarious.

Still...I want my Mum to come paint my apartment.

And about that stupid reporter lady, I know there are a lot of things that I could've/should've said, I felt like saying them right there. But that would have made a bad situation worse; So I walked away.

18. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Bingo. Just because *I* can't stand it, doesn't mean that my wife doesn't enjoy it. Hell...Vday was pretty much designed *for* women. :rolleyes:

In other news...oh wait, what other news? :p :rolling:

19. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Indoor footie rules. :D I gladly take the bruises.

20. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I havn't had much to do with Vday. Ever. I am very much a reclusive person.

On another note, does anyone know which Saint the day was named after. It's imposable to guess. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.