1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #86

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Bah Valentine Day, it is nothing more than a commercial thing, I don't need a day to tell my beloved one I love her. Fortunately she thinks the same, so I won't have to get her a lame Valentine's present. :p

2. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Cheesegear, walking away was absolutely the right thing. Idiots (idjits as they call them around here) never get it, no matter how witty, serious, thorough, or obscene the reply.

Eh, Valentine's Day. I send cards to the nieces and nephews and otherwise try hard to ignore it. When my dad was alive he'd send me a card - yes, I am weirdly female. But that's been years, alas.

3. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

A meat pie and chips :yum:

Is there a better lunch than this? Not in my mind there isnt

4. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I just got myself a pair of spiffy wireless headphones, they are pretty cool, and they work all through the house. I will use them later when I watch movies when everybody is in bed.

5. Old One

Old One The Old Warrior Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Good evening all, back after a few days gone and there are a few of us old man gamers left. We just keep to the shadows!

6. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    ....oops, I accidently taught my toddler an inappropriate Mexican slang word. The little guy is pretty darn smart.

7. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

vday time

8. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

No, really, it's just another regular day...

Hehe, I had my AutoCAD CDs stolen a few days ago by a guy in the new group. Ironically, one of those guys forgot his keys after his padlock - I took the keys, and used them as bargaining chip to get my AutoCAD back - believe me the guy who the set of keys belonged to quickly found my AutoCAD and brought it back... :evil:

9. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    It's amazing how much Vday features in office maneuvering when you're in a female heavy environment. I remember having to ask my husband to do something for me that day simply because it truly affected the way the other gals in the office treated me! It was ridiculous, but from other women I've talked to, it's all too common, at least here.

Anyone else have this type of thing occur?

[ February 14, 2007, 06:32: Message edited by: Stefanina ]

10. Cheesegear Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

I dunno Stef, but, in my female-orientated environment, Valentine's Day this year has just gotten me more and more infuriated.
    See, I was sent an e-mail to my 'work' e-mail, which means the only people who know it are people from my work.

So, I got sent a Valentine's Day e-mail from 'a secret admirer'...That basically means that I have no idea who it is, and I'm gonna spend the next few days working myself up to try and figure it out. Everybody (except me) knows who it is, and they're all laughing at me...No, really, I was checking my e-mail, and 'the girls' were watching me...I assume I did some sort of facial expression when I read the e-mail, 'cause as soon as I read it, they all started laughing at me...

...On the plus side, the e-mail featured an ASCII-Generated Rose, so I was like;
    "Holy Avenger +7, Paladin-Man...A girl in my department knows ASCII!?"

(This is of course a reference to the old-school Batman with Adam West...None of that moulded plastic crap...This was when Batman was Batman...Not to mention that someone in one of my games actually said this to the Paladin in the party...)

But, knowing my luck, she just pulled it off one of those ASCII-Generator sites...In any case, the words From A Secret Admirer only infuriates people and doesn't make them feel happy at all. DON'T DO IT!!!

[ February 14, 2007, 09:39: Message edited by: Cheesegear ]

11. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    It's 6.30am Vday, and it doesn't feel very romantic here. This time of morning should not exist IMO, particularly when you have no choice about getting up and going to work :( Aw well, in for a penny and all that...

12. Brallrock Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Getting the big snow storm here, should have about a foot of snow by AM. And I have to go to work, bleh!

13. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

No V-day celebrations for me. Why do I want to buy tacky cards that originate from endangered forests, or tacky gifts that are made by exploited children?

Not to say that I don't have anything romantic planned for next week.

14. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Valentines day here is a boon for flower shops, but that's it. It's an import, and has no tradition, much like Halloween, which is as imported as it gets. I ignore it and have so far went along quite well :)

Now that may change if I meet a girl that holds Valentines Day dear, just to do her a favour.

15. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Roll on summer, its freezing today.

[ February 14, 2007, 11:46: Message edited by: Cúchulainn ]

16. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

Is Valentine's Day today?

Oooops...

/me runs to nearest flower shop

17. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Oh the Irony Valentine's Day and there is chance of a snow Blizard in Montréal. 40 cm snow. Well at least it's only -15 C, compared to last days -35 C it's almost, almost tolerable. Gotta love this country.

Edit; Geek Vday poem

Roses are #FF0000
    Violets are #0000FF
    All my heart are belong to you

18. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Cheesegear, maybe it wasn't spoof? Maybe someone is really just being shy?

19. Brallrock Gems: 23/31

Veteran

Well I am off for bed, I have gone out and shoveled a good 6 inches twice throughout the night, and my back is killing me! Happy Valentines Day all you lovers!

20. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Enough snow here to cancel school - not predicted, of course. This is a big hysterical issue because for reasons totally opaque to me the local schools allow Valentine's Day flower deliveries to the schools. No school, no flower deliveries. Wonder how they're going to do that?

As I understand the afternoon of VDay is useless for instructional purposes at the middle and high schools, due to the deluge of flower deliveries, and the giddiness of those receiving and sobbing of those not receiving flowers. Geez, I wish they'd get back to trying to teach them to spell or something.

Me, I slipped and slid into work and now am contemplating going home at lunch. Temperature's been dropping all morning - was 23 F when I got up, now it's 18F - it was near 50 F when I went to bed about 11:00 last night, clearly the old cold front is charging through.

Eh, for those of you who like Valentine's Day, have a happy one; for those of you who don't (like me - what's the VDay equivalent of the unrepentant Scrooge?), have a good day in spite of it! For those of you dealing with winter weather - stay warm, be careful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.