1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #86

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

2. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Hiya DS :wave:

Actually I'm looking forward to seeing one of my brothers that I haven't seen in about 4 years. He's coming to the city I live in for a couple of weeks in march to do a play that he's in. He's also bringing his youngest daughter who is the same age as my older son so it should be fun for them to hang out together.

3. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Ofelix, I make the best one. ;) But don't get addicted at an early age. ;) Coffee is good, but drinking 8 daily isn't really. ;)

Yep, says chev. ;)

4. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

That's cool Dfly I've found me books as well so i'll sort some stuff out for ye.

5. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    @revmaf - I'm okay, thanks for asking. The tornadoes were south of where I am, luckily. There was road flooding locally, but they drained off by today.

There was an F3 Tornado in Central Florida, though, which is rare.

6. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Chevalier; I hardly drink more than one cup a day and only in weekday when I have school. The most I'll drink is two a day. And as I have said I don't drink coffee on weekend. No thank you I'm already addicted to Nicotine I don't want another one.

However I made the decision to try to lower my cigs consumption. I limit myself to three a day for the time being. It may sounds a lot but remember that prior to that I could smoke 10-15 a day, that's almost half a pack. I can honestly say it's hard already only three per day. I can only hope to free myself of this dreadful thing soon. Though I only have been smoking for less than a year. So I guess I'm not that addicted compared to say a lad who's been smoking for ten years.

Wish me luck. :p

Also I'm quite happy to see my old friend tonight it's been quite a while since we've met and I look forward to this evening. I assume this evening will obviously include alcohol of some sort, preferably some good imported beers. I quite like the McEwan's Scotch beer from Scotland, or that Flemish beer whose name I forgot. I don't really like stuff like Labbat Bleu or Molson Dry it tastes like cat piss and don't even mention the name Budweiser! Shrugs... bad stuff.

Also this day I was quite proud of myself. I brought a coffee maker from home to the student room at college so everybody can enjoy a cup without being totally ripped off by the school’s cafeteria. We’ll charge 25 cents, solely to finance the coffee, for a 12 ounces cup opposed to 1.75 $ for an 8 ounces cup, that you would received at the cafeteria. I felt like the guy because everybody were so thrilled by my idea. I think I made a good thing :p

It has been a slow beginning at school, I’m really looking forward to this semester, my classes all rocks, well maybe except French, the teacher is just… weird. She can talk for an hour without making any sense. After four classes of two hours we haven’t received any actual classes or anything remotely related to this course. How are we supposed to pass the exam when nobody has got a clue what the hell she is talking about?
    Besides that everything sounds quite amazing and I think I’ll have a blast!

What else to say? Things are great with my girlfriend and I think her family likes me, which is a good thing. I can feel at ease and accepted whenever I got meet them, which is a relief actually. I’ve been so nervous the first time I met them. I guess that’s just everybody :p My parent seems to like her, but they hardly speak of her. I guess they just don’t take us seriously. I don’t really mind my private relations are mine and I’m not really comfortable speaking of it with my parents. Especially when their marriage is a total mess and I’m really surprised they still manage to live together.

Oh and for the first time I’ve used Word before posting my thread, anyone notice any differences in my spelling :p ?

7. Old One

Old One The Old Warrior Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Revmaf, looking into the other world, snow tonight and monday night. Hows that for occult!

Mom is mad and a half! Her new mini van can't handle anything making the road wet or slick and my old olds with good all wheel drive.....doesn't have a working heater blower. Well, I haven't drove it in years. Didn't need it.

Stefanina, glad to see your post. looked after seeing the news this morning but you were off line and that looked bad.

Chevalier, please pass some good coffee, I'm stuck with instant until we get to the store!

8. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

We are getting soem snow tonight, and the roads are quite greasy. The fan belt broke on my truck today, but in a rare stroke of good luck, it happened right before I was passing a friends house, and I was able to pull in and get help.

9. Dave the Magic Turtle Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Veteran

Media:
    Man I suck at Fallout 2...I just spent about and hour and a half trying to complete the Temple at the beginning...maybe even 2 hours... :( I suck so much its not funny...

...well maybe a little... :p

10. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Congratulations, Ofelix, and I'm proud of you. Two isn't that much, by the way. Even four cups a day are considered healthy by some - and I don't mean the drinkers. ;) I don't exceed three, normally, I think. ;) Though I rarely go lower than two. ;)

Congrats on lowering nicotine, as well. Wish you luck with that.

Glad to hear you're doing well with your girlfriend. :)

@Old One: Here you go, let me make you one. The kind I make without looking. I just remember the moves. It comes out good this way. ;) Comes from the hand that's made many. ;)

@Dave: Don't worry. Fallout 2 was very difficult to me at some points and the beginning wasn't a walk through the daisies. But it was worth it later. ;) Good luck. ;)

And good night to all of you people. I'm going to bed now. ;)

11. Old One

Old One The Old Warrior Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Chevalier, thanks, sooo much better!

12. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    ;) I spent most of the day outside with no computer access, so posting would have been rather difficult.

I was surprised to find out the extent of the damage south of me, a town by the name of Lady Lake got hit hard.

13. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Heya Chev, I could really use one of those too. Care to make me one, friend?

14. Old One

@Stefanina, git in outa the rain and post ;-D

15. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Well, it has been a long, long time since I have had a day in which I did not smoke. Not much of an accomplishment I know, but for me it matters quite a bit. The withdrawal has made me quite emotional, and I had a good long cry...unmanly, yes, but also much preferred to being Tasmanian-irritable. Hopefully, tomorrow will be filled with tears rather than hurtful remarks. And hopefully still, maybe the day after that will be serene. Probably not, as I remember it taking about a week before I felt comfortable once again. But hope springs eternal. And history may be defied.

If anyone out there is going through withdrawal as well, you are not alone.

16. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Lan. I love lan :banana:

Posting this after a day of lan gameing. Still going :)

17. Cheesegear Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Well, today was nifty. I was 'geeking it up' playing/continuing a D&D Campaign. Except I was the DM, so my mouth was all bloated having my Wisdom Teeth removed yesterday (I can still taste blood).

It was good. I had to say things two or three times 'cause they couldn't understand me. But, I killed one player, a Goblin Shaman (read; Cleric) Flamestriked him to death.

My players haven't learned yet that this Goblin is powerful and they shouldn't be messing with him. They've been toe-to-toe with him three times now, and they haven't 'beaten' him once. But, who runs away from goblins, right?

Onto other news; My mouth hurts. And, weirdly enough, blood is yummy.

18. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
  19. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I wish I was old. With grandchildren. That'd be nice. :geezer:

20. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

in oblivion i am now arch-mage aka. mac daddy of the mages guild.

i am your KING! kneel to me if you want to live

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.