1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #86

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Burr cold here, and the wife and kiddies are probably going to have to stay at a motel, as the road is closed between them and home due to weather. I have to go to town and get something to eat, and go to work.

2. Balle Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

ahh ubuntu! great!

well if not other you can install it in an emulator, Wine or other... theres always great help to find at the various boards, and you can actually get BG to work on linux as well.

i have to install ubuntu on this machine as well.. as my experimental computer has crashed

in other news: i found my lighter wohoo!

3. Cheesegear Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Well, today my cat mauled my hand for rubbing it's fur backwards just after she had cleaned herself. Ah well, it's all fun. Just like when I'm asleep and she wakes me up in the morning, by biting my foot. It's like an alarm clock. Except the 'clock' is my cat's stomach, and the alarm is my bleeding foot.

Has anyone ever got their cat to play with a ball of yarn or anything shiny? Because my cat never plays with anything except birds. :evil:
    ...And it makes two noises;
    Mmmrrrowwwwllllll! = Feed me
    Meeeeeewrrreeew! = Pat me

4. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Okay it's just wayyy to freakin' complex to me to install it alone. I'll wait for my friend to do it. And he said Fedora Core 6 ought to be easier for a complete Linux n00b. Meh. Still stuck with Windows for the time being I guess.

5. Balle Gems: 19/31

i thought it as fairly easy, but as long as you are happy, anyone ditching micro gets a thump up from me.

in other news i had just planned to go on a hating spree across the vast land of the internet, hating on everything from society to ice cubes...
    but it all changed when i found an old friend, alcohol
    sweet sweet alcohol, and it's the first time i drink in two weeks! damn i love alcohol! a beer now and then does your body good, reeeeeaaaal good

6. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31

Cheese, does your cat pee into your shoes when she's pissed? Our family cat did this everytime when we came back from a vacation. She usually was annoyed whe left her alone with my grandma for so long. ;)

You gotta love the little buggers. :D

7. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I hate paperwork. Especially government forms that require a zillion photocopies of this and that.

8. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I love cats.
    My cat tends to sleep in my room every night, and she rarly wakes me up.

Some people say that cats choose people. I say those people are more right then then they know. :)

9. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

I want a cat. Maybe when I leave uni...

Anyway, why do painkillers always run out halfway through the night? Dammit.

10. Cheesegear Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

No. My cat doesn't do anything 'bad'...Except she does manage to 'take down' the dogs in the street. A few months ago I had to pay someone's Vet Bill because my cat had almost taken out a dog's eye.
    ...I still don't see how it was my problem. If your comes into my cat's territory. My cat is allowed to rip the dog apart. That's how animals work. It has nothing to do with people.

But nah, my cat just sneaks under the covers of the bed and gnaws at my or my room-mate's foot until we wake up. Or she totally rips off your hand if you stroke her fur backwards after she's cleaned herself. Sure, it's painful. But it's worth it. :evil:

11. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Ubuntu. Bah. I'll stick with Debian, thanks a lot.

If you're going to use Ubuntu, at lease use Kubuntu (Ubuntu with KDE) - Ubuntu uses GNOME, and it sucks.

Xubuntu could do the trick, but the bug of the vanishing desktop is annoying... though deleting menu.xml fixes everything.

WTF?!? Even my mother was able to install Ubuntu! If you have the LiveCD version it's just a couple of clicks and the rest is done automatically.

12. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Wow...this weekend just about killed me. On Saturday night, I found that I bowl better when I'm drunk. Sunday, I woke up still buzzed. We had a bunch of friends over again on Sunday night who didn't want to watch the SB, but wanted to get drunk anyway.

The booze ran out at around 7am, and by that time I was totally wasted, so I fell asleep on the couch. I got woken up at 9am by Jessica, telling me I had 30 minutes to get ready for school. So I grabbed 2 Mt. Dews and a slice of cold pizza and went to school...a little drunk.

When I got home around 2pm, most of the people who crashed at our place were just barely wakening up, or still asleep...so I sat don on the couch and fell asleep for the 3 hours I had between classes. :bad:

Ugh...and to think, I have to do taxes tomorrow. :bang: :rolling:

13. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    My cat drove me nuts drinking from everywhere except her water bowl until I got her one of those pet fountains...LOL

CentOS is the flavor of Linux I'm working with at school, although I need to download Knoppix. So much of my work is Windows heavy I don't really want to get rid of it yet (it was free for me to upgrade to the Pro version of XP) so having a CD bootable version of Linux would be convenient.

14. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

On the weekend, I was refered to a link to 8-bit theatre. It's hilarious...

15. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    /me hates Tuesdays.

Leaving the house at 5am and getting home at 10pm on a Monday would not be so bad if I didn't have to follow up with a normal work day :rolleyes: Needless to say I'm bloomin knackered. :coffee:

Hoping to hear about new job today though, Woo! Just sorting out the little details, but it looks good! :spin: Wish me luck!

Edit: Typos

[ February 06, 2007, 15:36: Message edited by: Urithrand ]

16. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    I started to smoke ultra-lights. Damn amusing. Puts my classical conditioning into a test. Monkey see monkey press button, but it's not working! No more brain-candy! I'm performing all the right rituals, but I don't get the nicotine-high, and even as I know why it's not working, the monkey in my brain is just dumbstruck. Eat that little homunculus!

17. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Yay I got my shelf today~! Unpacked more boxes~!

18. Brallrock Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Soo tired! Must sleep!

19. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Is chocolate poisonous to dogs?

20. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

@Shell: Yes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.