1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #9

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Jun 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oxymore Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I passed my biggest math exam, got 12/20 but seeing that it's the third best rate of the entire class, I'm not unhappy.
    Two to go, go me! :cool:

2. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

My nose is all stuffed, and I'm not feeling too good either... My first illness in this millenia... :sick:

Yeah, my nose is as red as yours, Chevalier.

3. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I remember about one year or so, we(the students) took a test on maths. The highest score was 10/20 and guess who had that score: the worst student in the class. The best student got a 4/20. Funny.(I got 2 but that's another matter :p )

I get knocked down, but I'll get up again...

Nice song. :) I usually listen to music when I surf on the Net. :)

4. Eze Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

What song.

Me tired.

Me feel stupid.

ME WANT THE TOWER OF IRON WILL MOD FOR ICEWIND DALE.

5. Volsung Gems: 14/31

What I wrote was a quote from a song. And if I am not mistaken, this song is a soundtrack from a football(or soccer in the U.S.) game.

I'm tired, I'm bored, I'm hungry, I'm thirsty and my head is aching.

6. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Another party afore me! Saturday... At my highschool friend's. Seems quite a morbid event since they're obviously having a select list as I've been told not to tell anyone who's not been told. Strange. But I'll see what happens.

7. Volsung Gems: 14/31

Have fun at the party, Chevalier.

As for me, I'm right now translating an excerpt of my will-be book to post it in the CS.

8. Eze Gems: 24/31

Parties suck big bloody time.

Ate pasta. Pasta no suck.

:D

9. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Why do parents never trust their children?

10. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Because children are untrustworthy?

11. Yerril Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Well, I gots my Graphics exam tomorrow, and I am apparently going to have to design a pet product. I am hoping that it will be some kind of pet food, that way I can call it one of my great names:

Shizzer
    Futter
    Sheeyat
    Froge

Better be good...

12. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] LOL! Go Yerril!

I can imagine the advertisement - Pets love to eat Sheeyat!

BTA: but we aren't all the time! My mother thinks I'm up to something if I smile or leave my room to get something more than a drink.

My mother thinks I destroy stuff and draw on the walls. I did NOT use scissors on the computer desk and it was HER that doodles on the wall, because she was on the phone and always doodles on the phone then denys it. :flaming:

13. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Why it seems that there are *three* IotW awarded ones at the moment? Maybe I'm just seeing the same one in trible...

14. Volsung Gems: 14/31

No, that cannot be. Maybe you didn't pay much attention to the name. Ask Tal, if you wish.

15. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Link us to threads involving these IOTW's. I'm quite sure its impossible for there to be more than one, Tal has said so.

16. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    Did sumbody called?? :D

Anyways, kinda lots Internet at my house, lightning fried the modem, server, my tv, video and dvd player...

So won't be chatting soon

oh and BTA (referring to the last RB post) how can you add 1, when 1 is already infinite?

17. Volsung Gems: 14/31

Ah, Morgoth, I read your post in the last RB. Indeed, if the fractions are infinite then how do we reach 5? I must ask my father. He's a mathematician.

18. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Morgoth, in the order you give, you're moving towards 4 rather than 5 ;)

What's more, if you insist that there aren't integers but just infinite fractions, then there's no way you could start from 4 or suppose that 5 exists, so the whole discussion is irrelevant.

If you take all fractions between 4 and 5, it works this way, most simply put:

n = 4 + 1 / (-k), where k belongs to (- infinity; - 1)

So, the first number you receive equals 4 and 1 divided by the closest to infinity number possible and the last number is the closest to five possible, but still not five because in this case border values don't belong to the scope. So, it looks like everything from 4,0...01 to 4,(9), but neither 4 nor 5. Of course, this way it's all pointless since the starting point, which is 4, shouldn't exist. However, you physically have 4 apples and not 3,(9) or 4,0...01 apples. Therefore it's sort of convinient agreement that integers exist.

To sum up, the only thing we prove this way is that maths has nothing to do with reality :p

19. Iago Gems: 24/31

Thank you Chevy. Do you know how long I've been trying to get rid of nightmares about inductive proofs ????? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

20. Alustriel a.k.a. Ashley Banned

Man, summer's worse than I thought it would be. Not only am I the only one home (so I have to do most of the chores), but Brett said in his last letter (he moved away, so now we're just penpals) that he's found someone else.... :wail: :wail:

Anyway, *snif* I though I would drop in and *snif* well, babble. (very hopelessly, too)

ยค

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.