1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #91

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, May 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Hmm, I see I invented a new word on previous post, now edited out: wati.

It should be a word but isn't.

2. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    You won't find those outside South Australia. Always thought it was a strange idear.

In other news, I saw a production of "The History Boys" last night. Very very good.

3. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    LOL - looking forward to watching - from a safe distance :evil: - Ian Paisley and Gerry Adams having to cooperate. ;)

4. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Media:
    Having pizza for dinner tonight. Life is good.

Babbling is addictive. It requires very little thought at all.

5. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Babble indeed.

My supper not as good as pizza but at least it was supper.

6. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

I'm infuriated by a co-worker that thinks wet=clean. :toofar:

He worked last night, cleaning up after the kitchen closed, so I come in to start up and spend twenty minutes cleaning the grease off the bottoms of the pans he left out to air dry, and scouring all the dried-on grease left in the SINK (how can you clean anything when the moment you put it down, it touches dirt?)

What really bugs me is that he could be a great cook/deli staff, but he falls prey to the "No one gives a rat's hind end about doing more than clockwatching at work anymore" - it's one thing to be bad simply because you can't do any better, but simply to not bother trying? :grr:

===

@Iku: Twenty years ago, I was diagnosed with a 'Figure-Ground auditory impairment' - difficulty in picking out speech and other meaningful sounds from mere background noise; it's getting worse as I age, apparently.

My 'peripheral' hearing is almost non-existent to the point that people are starting to have to tap me on the shoulder to get my attention, thus making me jump.

I've even had a couple of occasions where someone's only ten feet away from me or so, I'm facing them and when they speak to me, all I hear is Charlie Brown's teacher:

Wha-waa-wa whaaa-wha-wa, wa-wa-whaa-wa wa whaa wha-wa. :skeptic:

And from what I remember, there was nothing wrong with my sound DETECTION as much as DISCRIMINATION so I dunno how a hearing aid would be able to filter noise out for me - how is it supposed to know what to let through and what not to? (This leads me to believe that a) it'd give me a headache from all the louder noise, and b) drain my wallet. :( )

On the plus side, I'm getting better at lipreading. :heh:

AND this'll mean I can avoid answering the phone, since I won't be of any use doing so (it's never good news, anyway)

In summary, it kinda sucks, but not as much as my apparent inability to make a SHORT post. :p

7. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Snakes on a slip 'n slide :hahaerr:

Possible DnD session. Our European is coming back for another visit.

8. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

@ jaded empath

I also have the same problem when someone is talking to me from about 10 feet away, though it is generally because I intentionally zone out :)

But seriously, that would suck not having decent peripheral hearing. And what is it like listening to music or watching a movie? How are those things affected?

Edit: 3/4 of the way to the big 1000

9. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Lesigh.

This brought to you by Daie's sense of melancholy.

10. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Le'sigh.

That was The Magister's gramatically correct melancholy. ;)

11. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    revmaf, the one time I had to drive I-40, I HATED it. Man, there's a whole lotta Tennessee... :D

There's yet another new fire, and the fire in S Georgia is trying to burn down here into Florida. I went to dinner with some friends tonight, and as we were leaving the restaurant, ash was falling from the sky. My friends said it looked like it was snowing. I wouldn't know.
    Oh yes, and there's a storm system rotating off the east coast. Whee fun.

12. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I really need to find a way to get online earlier in the evening...

13. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    First day of devolved government :grin:

Doesn't feel any different.

14. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    The computer is in my brouthers room after we decided to paint the Lounge room. The house is a mess and you cant move anywhere without bumping into something.

15. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Human fingernails? For picking out the lice. Toenails? Blame it on the HOX genes.

Anyone interested for having some crabs for lunch?

This message was brought to you by the Department of Yeewwcch! :sick:

16. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Thanks you to all who wished me well.

What is it with people phoning at inappropriate moments? One of my friends just babbled to me for the better part of 10 minutes, whle my Cheerios went soggy in front of me. The worst part, is that I'll see her later and the useful stuff could be condensed into a minute of talking. *sigh*

17. shadow lurker Gems: 17/31

18. TrueBlueAussie Gems: 17/31

Yeah, that looks kinda like what he was wearing.

19. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Going to the cinema later to see Spiderman 3. From the trailers, I think he looks better in black so I know which side I'll be cheering on.

20. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    *sad* :cry:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.