1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #93

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Blackthorne TA, Jun 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
  2. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Another one?

Almost at a hundred!

What on EARTH have you been talking about in here? :confused:

3. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    The meaning of life...why don't we make a book out of the babblings? :p

4. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Well...first, I drive a new-ish VW Jetta which has a pretty good fuel economy (better than 90% of America made cars). And the state line is only about 85 miles away. If gas did offset any savings, my justification is that it was a nice drive though the mountains, and got the two of us out of the apartment during a very nice day. :D

And yes, booze in Utah is expensive. For a bottle of Grey Goose Vodka in Utah, it's $30. I found it in Wyoming for $23 for the same sized bottle. Also, if you want Everclear, the biggest bottle you can buy in UT is only 200ml for about $5. In WY, we found a 1 Liter bottle for $10. See what happens when the government controls the liquor?

Oh yeah...kegs in Utah are illegal unless you run a business and are licensed to serve alcohol...like a bar. :rolleyes: I have a co-worker that hosts keg parties once every few months, and he has to make a trip to WY to get them. :rolling:

5. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    *yawn*

Work done, feeling a bit sleepy now.

6. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Finally! Seems half of this city has its internet down or coming and going. :(

Anyways, it's turned drizzly, and I've been playing games offline due to the dodgy isp.

And I pulled off an achievement I never thought I would. :whoa:

Yay me, I guess. :heh:

EDIT: Okay, so since there's no "Random Gaming Babbling Thread" over in The Playground, I guess I'll go into more detail here.

Ask anyone who's played GTA3 "what's so bad about the ambulance mission?" and pull up a chair, have a snack and a coffee ready, and better have a pillow ready, just in case. ;)

Rockstar is usually somewhat sadistic in making things tough on the gamer, but more to the extent of being challenging rather than outright cruel.

The tippy, rolls over if breathed on while turning, explodes like it's packed with nitro, steers like a tank and stops just a *little* worse than you thought it would (namely onto the patient you were trying to pick up) ambulance has a 'career mission' that is inarguably the most malicious, hair-pulling, leave teethmarks in your controller set of flaming hoops you have to jump through.

People playing the game with the intent of getting "100% completion" may be able to make a sports car dance on the rooftops from checkpoint to checkpoint; they may be able to hunt down progressively larger groups of criminals in a fairly fragile squad car; they may even be able to quell their violent instincts and peacefully ferry people from place to place in an unassuming yellow taxi, but they shudder at the thought of trying to aid the injured in Liberty City.

Every time I'd had the game on my hard drive, I'd usually give up on some of the trickier stuff, and the Ambulance Mission would be on that list.

But this time, after blowing through some tasks, and riding on a crest of good mojo, I decided "Meh, so what if some jerk will clip my bonewagon as I'm about to pick up the last patient and cause to tip over and smoosh him, making me fail and start all over? It's all in fun; let's just see how far I can get this time!"

Well...

...it was all the way.

On the first try. :eek:

There's twelve levels. The number of patients who're bleeding to death is equivalent to the level number. The ambulance carries three victims at most, so there's plenty of ferrying back and forth in later levels. And unlike any other 'career mission' each level chops off any extra time you may have built up and starts fresh with a flat, two-minute deadline. Seventy-eight people in total. And the city is filled with misanthropic sociopaths more self-centered than spinning tops.

And somehow I managed to weave through that lot, keep my charges alive and clear of gang firefights, keep my vehicle with wheels on the ground, and not smoking.

It's as if I entered some kind of zen-like trance that ignored the ticking timer, ignored the drops of blood from my maimed passengers, ignored how tantalizingly close I was getting to completion, and just focussed on "pick up that one, that one and that one, then bring 'em back for treatment".

Needless to say, wow. I didn't know I had it in me. :whoa:

[ June 06, 2007, 03:49: Message edited by: jaded empath ]

7. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Babble again?

Kitrax, I can't buy booze at all in the county I live in.

We got a fifteen minute shower today. It's a start.

8. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

May I have your attention please:

I've always wanted to say that. Probably would be better if I had something to say...

9. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Yes, now I want news Damnit!

hey I'm back by the way, did anyone notice I havent been around much?

10. Kitrax

Media:
    What?!?! Isn't Tennessee home to several different brands of whiskey? Can you at least buy beer (yuck) at the store? :hmm:

In other news, we're looking for a house. And the way things look right now, we might end up getting a house just a 5 minute walk from my parent's house. :eek: :rolling:

11. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    That happend to me last night. Where do you live?

12. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Yes, I live right next to Sweden. ;) Swedes travel to Elsinore and Copenhagen from all over southern Sweden in order to buy "cheap" (by Scandinavian standards) liquor. They can import it legally under EU rules. So much for prohibition! ;) :rolleyes:

In return, since firecrackers are illegal in Denmark, Danes travel to either Sweden or Germany to smuggle them in (illegally) for New Year's Eve.

13. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    I have another LAN day tomorrow.

Some people say it isn't normal to sit in a room and use a computer for hours on end. I laugh at them :lol:

14. Kitrax

Media:
    Firecrackers?!?! What year are you living in? 1970? These days, you've got to go with something big. I got 2 boxes of Artillery Shells, a 48 piece assortment of Roman Candles, a box of mini-Artillery Shells, 2 gigantic 200g mortars, and 3 150g mortars.

Pfft...firecrackers. Just the lift charge of a small artillery shell is louder than several firecrackers going off at the same time. :bigeyes:

I can't wait for the 4th! :D :rolling:

15. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Does anyone else throw and catch a small ball when bored at their computer?

I only just realised how often I do it.

16. The Magister Gems: 26/31

Media:
    My bro's away on camp. Therefore I have the computer all to myself. Yayness

17. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Ugh, I've never seen the obsession with fireworks like that, Kit. They're just damn noisy! x_x

Two exams down...

Ten more to go... :xx:

18. Kitrax

Media:
    Exactly...

We used to make bombs out of plastic milk bottles. Those would make car alarms go off all down the block. :evil: :rolling:

19. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Let's dance! :banana:

20. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

The last dance?

I have a stable connection today (I hope).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.