1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #94 (aka the Cesspool of Inanity)

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Jun 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

2. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

[​IMG] Ah, yeah - funny story about that;

kuemper & hubby don't have a scanner but I do, so they stopped by earlier for some socializing and shameless exploitation of their friend's good nature. ;)

Once I got the scanner running on the first couple, k was able to sit by, watch the light creep along on the scanner then click a few buttons to save the file and start on the next.

Her spouse and I struck up a conversation with me about male geeky stuff (guns, planes, etc.) :square: to keep ourselves busy, with occasional interjections from k whilst she waited for the next page to scan.

(my wife was down with a migraine and was napping when they arrived; she's more grumpy about missing the visitors altogether :( )

Anyways, after they got all the strips scanned looking nice and burned onto a CD, they said their goodbyes like wonderful fair-weather friends at the approach of a squall...

(Why am I getting a little derogatory about Mr. & Mrs. kuemper? I'll get to that...)

I sat back at my computer to shut down the scanner interface software and stuff, and noticed that Minesweeper was open. "Ah, so that's what she did to keep herself amused while waiting!" I thought with a smile...

...and out of whimsy I whipped through a surprisingly quick medium level puzzle that I knew would top my high score.

...yet I got no dialog box to enter in my name for the new record... :whoa:

After investigating, I found that kuemper is apparently QUITE quick with a mouse in this game; she managed to beat my high scores in ALL THREE LEVELS by a considerable margin that I'll likely never surpass. :rolleyes:

You know, people can annoy and irritate you; but it takes a real friend to really get under your skin like that! :shake: :lol:

3. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

May have bought a dud or simply incompatible video card. My uncle knows a guy that's checking it out to see if the card is good. Just my luck...

4. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

still sick, this sucks.

5. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Eating strawberry for breakfast is good. Especially when I know these fruits were certified natural (i.e not GMO) and were grown in the province. Yay for healthy food!

6. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Well, Ofelix, mother revmaf thinks something's wrong with you that needs further study. This may not be fainting at all but petit mal seizures, and they are hard to diagnose. There are also potential heart problems that can cause you to pass out suddenly and then be fine later, until the time you're not fine later, which is why they need to be tracked down. The sleep problem may be related to narcolepsy, which can cause fainting spells, and as others have pointed out, diabetes is not by any means ruled out yet. So. There's my wisdom, aren't you impressed?

Still hoping for vacation time later this week but there are some looming problems that may require a postponement.

We are far short of our goal of 100 RBP's, folks. Keep babbling! We can do it!

7. Ofelix

Media:
    /me is in awe of Revmaf's wisdom.

But really, everybody has an opinion and sometimes contradictory with each others. So my condition is anybody's guess. I may have; result of poor sleep, result of not enough food, hypoglecyma, diabets, anxiety, low blood pressure, depression, and even a psychose. So I'm pretty fuc*** up already ain't I?

And I also happened to have lost 20 pounds for no reason, and I still have a somewhat severe case of Eczema. Fun isn't?

8. jaded empath Gems: 20/31

Veteran

{pedant-alert}
    o_O Those strawberries are hardly healthy - they're DEAD! :lol:

Healthful, certainly, and thus contributing to making YOU more healthy, but I really don't think they've got sweatbands and ankle weights on while they jog laps around the bowl... ;)

:banana: (a healthy banana - it's not dancing, it's doing 'jazz-ercise' :D )

9. Ofelix

Media:
    A misuse of grammar perhaps, but it achieved the same meaning nonetheless. And it would've been pretty funny to see fruits jogging around.

10. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I saw a girl today that was so thin that here legs could barely carry her weight.

No hungerbelly, but wether it was some eating disorder or whatever else, that girl was seriously sick and in need of institutional care.

11. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

From the Macmillan English Dictionary:

12. jaded empath Gems: 20/31

Veteran

:D That was rather the gist of my silly post - it IS 'the Cesspool of Inanity'; just trying to do my bit. :rolleyes:

In Weather News, it's really started raining today - HARD, which you rarely see around here. Figures that this would be the only day off I have this week. :)

13. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I got rained on! Oh noes! I'm melting I'm melting!!

14. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Hmm, loud peals of thunder going on here but no rain. Great Io must be angry, eh?

15. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Bah! No one believes in Thunder gods anymore (Small Gods)

...I read a lot of Discworld

16. Ofelix

Media:
    Hmmm, why is Ion gun in Kotor I & II are more effective to droids? An EMP weapon would seem more logical. I just don't get it.

17. kuemper Gems: 31/31

^An ion cannon is pretty much the same as an EMP.

18. jaded empath Gems: 20/31

Veteran

I've spent ALL day trying to get this beta for 'World In Conflict' downloaded - someone over on My Other Forum™ touted it as the 'next big thing' for all of us at Banzai now that MechWarrior 4 has not only been abandoned by Micro$oft, but the mod community, and BF 2142 is turning out to be a disappointment...

...but the standard download via FileFront's public servers seize up about 5-600Mb into the 1.7Gb d/l...AFTER waiting about 20min to get a 'space' at the server. Then BitTorrent does get the thing down - 'bit by bit' :rolleyes: , but it's been over fifteen hours, I've got a whopping 35.6% of the d/l done, my transfer rate is averaging at maybe 12k/s, and this is REALLY hogging my system resources (it's like I'm on dial-up when I try to websurf, and even an old, simple ASCII roguelike lags like I'm playing it on an XT :nolike: )

This had BETTER be worth it - I've spent just about the entirety of my ONLY day off this week watching those u/l & d/l graphs creep up and down while I wait for a page to load... :grr:

19. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Boring IT class. *yawn*

20. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

I hear the card is good, I just need to see if the cars will hook into my computer and work...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.