1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #95

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Jul 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fabius Maximus Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

@kuemper: If they start talking to you, you might want to consider protection vs. mind control. ;)

2. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

H3 again.

Had to drive to Ktown this morning. Ugh. Managed to get there and back home before 12:30 so it was only 90 when I got back. Goodie.

Public school started back today except for a few schools with no AC or broken AC.

Back to work, woman! (cracks whip at self)

3. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Well, that was interesting:

I woke up as usual - alarm at ten past seven. Turned it off (no snooze for me) and stretched for a minute to prepare getting up outta bed...

...then I remember hazy fragments of what I now know to be a dream - I dreamt I had gone to work, did my shift, came home, had fun with the wife, etc. etc., and went to bed, and therefore, when I woke up again, I looked at the clock and thought "well, at least it's Friday and I'm off; I can laze in bed for a while." :rolleyes:

At that point, my wife rolled over and reminded me I wanted to get a shave before going to work, and reality set in. :( :lol:

Amusing, nonetheless, and now I still have a Friday off to look forward to! :banana:

ION, today I had my wrists and, briefly my knuckles too, aching more than my knees on this rainy, arthritis-aggrivating day; maybe I should check with my doctor to see if anything else can be done to deal with this (so far only) annoyance...

4. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Off to Italy for 2 weeks tomorrow, cooool. Should be a good one.

5. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

I haven't shaved for two weeks and the itching is driving me crazy. I prefer suffering the itching than shaving since the blades on my Fusion have dulled from months and months of use, making shaving very, very, very, very uncomfortable and very, very, very unpleasent and I'm also broke until next Tuesday, so I can't buy new blades. *shrugs* Besides, I took a wager with my brother that I wouldn't shave until starting school, and I intend on holding it - he waged $50 I wouldn't last, and this same $50 is as good as mine! :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

6. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Babble babble babble.

My work is done.

7. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Ye forgot Babbety babble spam :p

8. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Oh how silly of me. Since thats out of the way, I will now act happy.

Fridays make me happy :)

9. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

OMG, I forgot to say hi to the lobsters when I was at the grocery today! :wail:

10. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

God, I'm fed up of my family whinging. The sooner I get back to my friends the better. I'm sick of being here.

11. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Got some rain today. Should get a nice harvest off the second bunch of corn. The only thing is that I hate hairing it. It just seems to take forever...

12. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    We've got my brother's wedding to go to this Saturday...but we also have a party clear on the other side of the valley that same night. :bad:

Decisions...decisions...decisions. :rolling:

13. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    Hehe, I had a full medical yesterday. VERY embarassing :lol:

14. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I'm sure the veterinarian was just as embarrassed as you were, Shell. ;)

15. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    On Saturday, we're having a party for my cousin's return to civilian life after 4 years and 3 Iraq tours with the Marines!! I'm very happy!

16. jaded empath Gems: 20/31

Veteran

Okay, now I know Gillette and Shick and the lot are really just grasping for money when they suggest you replace the blades every time, but fer crisssake, DotW!?! *MONTHS*?!? I'm surprised you don't just use a metal ruler - that's BOUND to have more of an edge! :lol:

The only really VALID excuse you gave is the wager! :D

Well, my day off is going quietly - wife is STILL asleep at this point, so I've got the mp3's playing softly while I carry on with my manual-scanning project...
    (Stupid Micropose - why couldn't they just make 8-1/2"x11" manuals to be it easier on me; every page I have to manually specify the 8-1/2"x*6"* area to scan... :nolike: )

17. Dragon3 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

friday at last.and i got paid last night.we plan to go to dave & busters tomorrow.we haven't been there in a while.but i still have tonight to go thru.it won't be too bad,tho.i have pecker gears on one machine,and the prototype bull gears for the other machine should be ready,if the lazy people on the lathes are finally finished with them.they aren't as bad as the 85 pound gears i was running wednesday.i'm too old to be lifting gears that heavy

18. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Actually, when I HAVE to shave, the old blades technically still CAN get the job done - but it's very, very, very, very, very far from being a smooth shave.

Also, those f****** blades are EXPENSIVE! The pharmacy near where I live sells them like 20$ for four. Needless to say, I'd ratehr stash $20 for more groceries than for insanely overpriced razor blades.

Who gives a damn if I'm not shaved on the job, anyway. I'm in the backstore, and pretty much in my own damn corner, so no one sees me, and that's perfectly fine with me.

19. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Buy an electric shaver, you'll save a lot of money in the long run.

20. jaded empath Gems: 20/31

Veteran

Um...Gillette Fusion? Six blades? Who said you HAD to have the latest 'gee-whiz' marketing ploy to get more money for less product? PLEASE tell me you never bothered to get that battery-powered 'oscillating head' variant! :shake:

The only reason I bother with an 'Excel' with two blades, is that the cartridges aren't very expensive - maybe $8 for four - and still commonly found everywhere.

Heck if you WANT, you can go with generic disposable safety razors - $4 for twelve - since you don't seem to be too obsessed about the 'highest quality' blades...

And Tal does have a point on the electric - even factoring in power usage and changing the blades on those (yes, you do but maybe only once every couple of years), it's still cheaper - I use a generic rotary one most of the time and 'pamper' myself with a blade shave occasionally, when I have the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.