1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #95

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Jul 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Back from DC, had a good time, miss my boyfriend already. *sigh*
    The school/work cycle will begin again soon.

2. jaded empath Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Veteran

Well, the 'Muzak' at work seems to be irritating my co-workers as much as me - enough with the 70's jazz piano!!! :grr:

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I'm exausted. My bay partner called in sick today, and I only received a little help...at a time when I really didn't need it. :bang:

Ugh...I need a shower. :rolling:

4. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

H3, again. Up to 100+ is likely, but possibly a few degrees cooler by weekend.

Hooray for the mini-fop, now arrived: see sorcerous sundries.

Babble, etc.

5. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Seems as if I was the first one to spot a problem with the DTD my company's has been using for a few years :)
    And a colleague remarked on that that the cryptic has always been my thing :holy:

6. JSBB Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

This will hardly be newsworthy to anyone in Canada but for the record the people working for Bell Canada are boneheaded morons.

I got my router working last night but still no internet. I called Bell today and it turns out that when my father called them up to cancel his account they left his on and cancelled mine instead.

We live at different addresses, have different phone numbers, have different first names that start with different letters of the alphabet, and our accounts have never been billed together or associated with each other in any other manner.

Given the rarity of my last name I can only guess that my father and I are their only two internet customers in our areas with that name but this is still ridiculous.

I imagine that my phone line was dead on Sunday because they had shut it off too. That makes me wonder how they realized that they had turned off the wrong phone line but didn't realize that the associated high speed internet shouldn't have been turned off. Knowing Bell it is probably because their internet is a seperate department from the phone service and the two departments don't talk to one another.

7. Enagonios Gems: 31/31

i gotta meet more girls.

8. kuemper Gems: 31/31

My first post for today. I was busy buying new movies!

9. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    I am getting leveled by the stock market today! Good thing I have a few gold pieces in a sock drawer...

10. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    KotOR + Rolling Stones = Perfect day :banana:

11. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

That is correct.

Yes they are. I've had a simple phone number swap on my cellphone (Solo Mobile IS a Bell Mobility brand, don't be fooled), and it was marked as "completed" in the system, but it actually wasn't, so my phone didn't worked for nearly a week - the time for one of those morons to actually figure something was wrong after I went to a Bell World and told them - and then they had to REACTIVATE my service because of underlying system problems - didn't lost anything except time and my principal means of communication.

I had gotten a bundle from Videotron... but I've canceled everything except for TV. The rest - cellphone, Internet - I've switched to Telus. Never had the shadow of a problem so far - Telus treats their customers like gold. Unlike Bell, CS at Telus is super fast and efficient.

Let's boycott Bell Stupidity!

12. JSBB Gems: 31/31

Well apparently now they expect they will have the problem fixed within 24 to 48 hours. I asked the woman who took my call if they could call me to let me know when the problem is fixed. The response was that she would add a note to the request but don't count on actually receiving a call. What a bunch of idiots. Obviously having anything that remotely resembles customer service is not exactly a priority for them. Of course I should have realized that when I found last night that their call centre is only open during business hours.

On an unrelated unpleasant note, my laptop strap wore through the metal rings that it attaches to and I had to get a replacement. The problem is that I had to go through hell to get a decent bag last time and my replacement bag is exactly what I don't want. It is small and most of the internal space is taken up by one of those damned retracting handles. I can't fit anywhere near the amount of stuff that I carry on a day to day basis into the new bag - let alone the stuff that I load up into it when I am actually travelling. Looks like I will have to buy my own laptop bag.

13. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

From my hard experience with Bell, be prepared to call them again and again and again, JSBB. I had problems with my cellphone and I had to call them 10 times, IIRC, before I got fed up - and the problem still wasn't solved. And BTW, their call center is located in India, I've heard.

But you know, it's funny you mention the hours of their customer service - Solo's CS department is open from 8am to 9pm everyday except Sunday. Go figure.

14. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Spent the day sick, but one of our hay customers is coming back early this year. Could be a good winter if I can put up with being in the middle of nowhere...

15. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Breaking News: mice do not have access to Universal Solvent.

16. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

In under 4 hours, I shall be 19.
    There is a (completely coincidental) fancy dress party. I am going as a Roman Centurion.

17. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    SHAZBOT

18. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Daie, take a sponge on a stick.

19. Dragon3 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

now we have a rat under the trailer.we put poison under there.hopefully,that will get rid of it.and we have a black racer snake slithering around the yard.i was going to shoot him,but a neighbor said they were not poisonous,and they keep other snakes out of the yard.so i let him live.i'll have to check out black racer snakes on the net when i get home from work tonight.i'll see if they really do keep other snakes away.if they don't,his days are numbered.i'm sure he would still bite us or the dogs.....especially that brainless collie

20. Shell

Shell Awww, come and give me a big hug!

Media:
    :mad: <---Shell's face when using family research sites that let you search records for free, and charge you to look at the results!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.