1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #96

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Aug 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Hello all. Long time, no see.

On another note, I love badminton. Just thought I'd share that with you all.

2. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    I am still sick, I think I may have fever, which can't be good. Major meh.

3. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    :roll: :spin:

4. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    A Discworld reference. Yay :roll:

5. Ofelix

Media:
    Being sick sucks. As long as I'm sick I'll continue to rant about it in there. I'm sure you don't want this so bring me all your positive thought! :p And the medecine I use who are supposed to help relieve me are just innefective. Also for some unknown reason when I've a cold my cheeks are hot, wtf?

6. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

The Second Cutting of Hay is over and done with. My Dad has an appointment about his knee (CHeck up after getting it replaced) then Friday my parents (and likely Grandma) are heading for Kentucky for the weekend!

I should do laundry tomorrow (as long as it's not raining). Is it right to call it a dryer if your clothes are still wet after you run it?

7. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Linux is good - except Ubuntu.

BSD is even better.

School was record-shattering sucky. Thankfully I do not lack the caffeine I need to get through it all.

On a different note, I need to adress something. We've had a visit from the moronic paper-pushing bureaucrats today, to get the usual lecture about the rules. They were pretty insisting about the part concerning what is tolerable or not when it comes to clothing, and they told me plain jane I should 'change my style to something more appropriate'. I just laughed my a** off at them. This earned me a three-days suspension. :shake: Whatever.

Yeah, I dye my hair in all kind of funny colors. I dress in a rather unusual way. I have piercings. What's wrong with that? Oh, yeah, I forgot, image is everything. F****** bull***.

Bureaucrats, Go back to pushing papers and the fear of thinking outside the box. Leave me the hell alone, let me expand my imagination and do things in an unorthodox way, because that's how I roll.

8. Dragon3 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

the kid on first shift says he'll quit in december to become a high school football coach.how is he going to be a coach when he can't count?every day,he screws up the piece count.he's too young and short to be a football coach,anyway.and too lazy....oh,over the long weekend,someone stole half the tools in my area.probably the theives on third shift.at least i keep my own tools locked up

9. Aldazar Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Mashed my thumb at work about this time last week, changing a keg of beer, and it's still as fat as when I first did it, huge haematoma under my thumb nail, a co-worker said she'd NEVER seen anyone go as white as I did after it happened. Managed to function for about 10 minutes immediately after tho, only cos I had customers to serve and was alone at the bar at the time.

10. Ofelix

Media:
    Why exactly do you hate Ubuntu so much? I love it, it's really user-friendly for people, like me, who aren't used yet to all of Linux's subtilities.

11. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    The Caffine, it does not work!!

Also, Squash is an awesome sport, but im so unfit it killed me almost.

12. Disciple of The Watch

Well, you wanted to flee M$, but still went where everybody goes.

Too much GUI garbage in Ubuntu. GUIs are useless, bloated trash.

As for me, I'm done with Linux - I have moved on to BSD. FreeBSD, to be more precise.

13. Ofelix

Media:
    GUIs (Graphical user interface) are what made computers available to the common folks, before that many felt that computers were too much troublesome to use. There is nothing wrong in GUIs in itself. Yes you can a lot more with command lines, it is still a lot more complex. I am pretty sure that most if not everybody born in the mid 80s and foward had their first experience with computers via a GUI. It is there to stay, mate.

14. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Aldazar, I cringe just hearing your description.

Had to drive down the ol' interstate to K'town today in the usual H3 weather and was struck by how many broken-down cars and trucks there were along the way. Of course Thursday is the major truck traffic day through East Tennessee so maybe that's it.

God willing, I will have a day off tomorrow.

15. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Back from the rafting trip... it was too long and I only had a marginally good time. Now we have school tomorrow. They should have cut the trip down by a day (we could have left yesterday after rafting and gotten back at 9 or 10, but instead we waited for today so we could go on a one mile hike and then get back at 5...) and given us an extra day to relax before school starts.

I am not looking forward to this year. I dislike most of my class.

16. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Babbling Babbling Babbling. I feal like I have accomplished something :)

17. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Just finished deleting over 1,300 archived emails from between Nov 2005 and Aug 2006 and sadly none of them where spam.

18. Ofelix

Media:
    Genesis music, a comfy chair, a cup of tea with honney, and a good book. How can I spend a more pleasing evening?

19. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I haven't posted here until tonight and I really didn't miss it. Does that mean I'm growing out of BoM? :hmm:

The in-laws are gone.

I went into the bro-in-law's room yesterday because someone was at the house to talk to him and sometimes he hides in his room. Anyway, it smelled like - okay, have you had a pet pee on a hardwood floor and it dried? Yeah cat pee dried into wood. What a lovely smell I discovered!

20. Disciple of The Watch

I know that GUIs are here to stay. That doesen't mean, however, I have to *use* them, much less *like* them.

I've just noticed that voicemail is MIA on my Telus phone. Surprise, it was removed from the list of available options. Now I have to spit out five bucks per months just to get a service that was once included. I have voicemail for *free* with Solo.

Good job on becoming crooks, Telus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.