1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #96

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by dmc, Aug 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

There was a girl named Monday in a book I read decades ago. Wish I could remember who wrote it. :book:

2. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

Enag, only two weeks? Slow down. It will go better.

Saber, sorry, maybe today's better, even though it's Monday.

Kuemper, no clue.

Self, H3, no surprise, the devious weather forecasters are claiming lower temperatures ("only" in the high 80's) by the weekend, but it's still been 28 days since there was any rain at my house.

And it was 80 in my office when I unlocked the door this morning. It is cooling down slowly - someone turned the thermostat up over the weekend. But yuck, what a way to start the work week!

3. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    @revmaf: I'd like to lend you some rain but I haven't quite figured out how to move weather patterns across the Atlantic yet. Maybe if I could get a butterfly to flap its wings while thinking of Tennessee. :)

4. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    @kuemper: Could it be Sharon Dennis Wyeth's Once on this River? And no, haven't read it, but it has a girl named Monday...

5. The Magpie

The Magpie Balance, in all things Veteran

I hate landlords. And banks. :smash:

6. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    The Madpie @ Who doesn't? My landlord, well my parent's really, is an ***hole. However since I'm never late for my credit card payment and/or other thing I've no quarrel with my bank. Uuggh Tennis Class in an hour and an half, I don't wanna go! And btw, School compies sucks! Windows 2000?! WTF?

7. revmaf

Montresor, bless you for thinking of us. Send the butterfly, by all means.

/me casts Cloudburst, spell fizzles/

8. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    @Flix, our school's computers are over ten years old. Three years ago, one teacher reminded the headmaster that they needed new ones, since they didn't even have Windows XP. The headmaster "corrected" the situation by installing XP to the old machines, causing them to have unexplained problems, like not opening any folders/programs, not saving files, rebooting without warning, opening the wrong account, simply not working at all, or in one case (I don't know if this is true), weird noise and a small fire. :lol:

Only a week of vacation left. I should probably do something festive, like go outside my room for over an hour.

ION some people don't take my online name 'Trouser Titan' seriously for some reason. :nolike:

9. Dragon3 Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

thanks,dragonfly.voles look like cute little things.i guess they only live in britain,which explains why i never heard of them

kitrax,why would aussies be offended by don't tread on me?it doesn't sound insulting to them to me.

i just have to get thru this week,then there's a long weekend waiting.i need a break.work is a pain,but i haven't found another way to make money and stay out of jail in the process

10. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I have a printed, hard-cover version of my thesis here with signature from the prof. I only need to take it to the office and it's all done until the exam. Once a student, now a Master. :lol:

11. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    I guess all you need now Chev is a special light saber :p .

12. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

/me applauds Chev

Well done! I'm still a year away from mine, though mine doesn;t have to be a thesis, but instead a thesis-length piece of prose, collection of poems or short stories.

13. Ofelix

Media:
    Actually tennis class was... fun? Did I finaly found a sport I love? Besides Golf, obviously.

Congrats chev! Weeee! With hope in a year I'll begin university... a year, I'll be 20. Damn I'm begening to be old! I was 14 when I registred to BOM! That's five years ago! :eek: I'm from the old guard :roll:

Edit: I hereby bequeath upon thee, chevalier, this green lightsaber, symbol of the wisest of masters, may thou useth it with pride and honour with thy newfound rank of Jedi attorney at law . (You WERE studying law, right?)

14. Trellheim Gems: 22/31

Media:
    /me takes the lightsaber.
    Oh yes a jedi's weapon, much like your father's. Your skills are now complete.
    I mean... if you strike me down.... I mean... join me and we will....

*snaps*

I mean: congratulations master chevalier. :thumb:

15. Ofelix

Media:
    You STILL have chev's lightsaber thought... :p

16. revmaf

Congratulations, Chev!

Of course in addition to his light saber Chev gets to wear his Hood of Mastery with his Robe of Academic Accomplishment. Mine is royal blue, white, and red. What colors are yours, Chev?

17. Trellheim Gems: 22/31

Media:
    /me passes the lightsaber to chev.

I feel depressed. Damn feelings.

18. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] :thumb: Congrats, Chevalier! :thumb:

19. Dinsdale Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Media:
    Less than a week until our crazy marathon drive to Oregon. We've been looking at property and jobs online. My wife is starting to warm up to the idea of moving. As for me, I can't get out of this place soon enough.

20. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Oh yeah?!?!? Well you live on a hay farm in Canada. :p

You would have to watch the episode where the Simpsons go to Australia...but whatever... :rolling:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.