1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Babbling Post #98

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Beren, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Uytuun, you, eh, your avatar looks just as graceful as ever :)

:borg: I-go-recharge-energy-now :borg:

2. Trellheim Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

Media:
    Things to consider.

1) People play videogames because they're fun and allow them to do things they normally couldn't.
    2) A driving wheel was made for racing games because it gives people the illusion that the'yre actually driving a F-1 car, something they couldn't afford or will always lack the talent in the real world.
    3) A gun was made for FPS games because it's illegal (in most places - at least I hope so) to shoot people.
    4) Dancing game floorthingies were made for staying fit, it's really no different from a fitness exercise with lights, music and "OK!"s.
    5) A guitar is something everyone can afford and learn to play, making a controller which is basically a keyboard with only six keys and costs as much as a cheap real one is a total ripoff.

Buy it if you want, it's your money, but there are better games available. Shadowrun and Medal of Honor: The New One are not one of them, oh no. :nono:

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I didn't actually buy anything. The wife would kill me if I did. I only added all that stuff to my wishlist.

I'm saving up for a new laptop remember? :p :rolling:

4. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Grrrr.... I was sent on the road for a service call today.

Guess where? In a freaking MONASTARY (that's right - nuke Norton for Panda). Full of overtly sympathic XTIANS who CAN'T SHUT THE **** UP. I don't give a damn about your slices of life - STFU and LET ME WORK!

Never again will I complain about working in the backstore.

5. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Trellheim, if i could afford a guitar and guitar lessons, then i would get them. BUT since i was wanting a 360 ANYWAY, to play games such as Halo 3, Bioshock, Gear of War etc... it is easier for my to buy Guitar Hero and just play that.

6. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Hmm, one thing I don't like about the new boards is that I cannot click on whatever page number I want to on long threads... I have '1, 2, 3... last page' when I am in the list of threads, and then 'first, 6, 7, 8' now. I like being able to choose any of them...

I had a neutral day.

7. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Long day...

Cat starts meowing at 7:30. Not sure if he wanted out, but that's where he ended up...

Threw some wood in the basement after the furnace guy came out and solved the problem we had...

Went out to work until it rained. Stopped raining as soon as we got the equipment put away...

Then went out for the evening, and my Internet has cut out once already. Actually shut dowm my computer before I realized that I still had something to send tonight...

And the show I want to watch means I'll be up until 2 am...

8. Stefanina Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    So, I supposedly start the new job I never applied for on the 15th. Of course, that may change between now and then, since new people on both sides of the equation are handling things, and no-one seems to quite know how things are supposed to be done... I was the one that straightened things out somewhat.

revmaf likes this.
  9. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    :coffee2: An ode to coffee, particularly strong filtered coffee, black as a nightmare, ok, with a small shot of milk so it is dark brown :xx: :xx: :xx:

I want no espresso nor fancy coffee machines - I want coffee flavoured coffee. It's best with just a paper filter and a filter holder with as many holes in the bottom as possible. The water standing in the filter fouls up the taste. The more holes, the faster the coffee runs through, the better the taste. My filter holder has three holes, I want four, standard is one. You only find the four holed ones at the flea market nowadays.

10. Dalveen

Dalveen Rimmer gone Bald Veteran

Media:
    Im getting a coffee machine soon, was meant to be getting an Espresso machine, but my sister is being stupid and not giving me it!

11. Urithrand

Urithrand Mind turning the light off? ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Why is it that after being on holiday for what seems like forever, bored outta my mind and desperately wanting something to do, the prospect of going back to work tomorrow is as horific and depressing as ever? I mean, other than the fact that I despise my employers... No wait, that's enough explanation right there :lol:

12. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

And so the coughing up of lungs begins.

*hack*

13. revmaf

revmaf Older, not wiser, but a lot more fun

We had a thunderstorm or two last night - happy November, huh? - but can't complain about the rain.

It was a cold front coming through so now we can expect hard frosts the next few nights.
    That is your weather report from East Tennessee.

In other news, I have started walking to work, when meetings or appointments elsewhere don't loom. I am embarrassed that I have not already been doing this since I live quite close to my office. In fact, I was thinking yesterday morning that some of the universities I attended required me to park farther away than I am walking from home.
    Hmm, I am truly a :geezer:

Reading other posts I begin to regret not drinking coffee. Not enough to start, though. ;)

Babble, all.

14. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Click on the downwards arrow to the right of the 8. ;)

15. Uytuun Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Media:
    Why, danke schön, Ragusa. :p

Which reminds me that I should get ready for my German literature class...

16. Kitrax

Media:
    I woke up with an allergy induced asthma attack. So I'm hacking and sneezing until the two meds I just took kick in. :bad: :rolling:

17. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Lunch today:

Saltine crackers dipped in Chalet sauce.

:yum:

18. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

Cold windy and likely raining here. I will likely have tomorrow off if this persists. Meanwhile, I had a chat with a buddy of mine, and when all is said and done, it may save me over $300. Worth having to nuke supper a second time, I'd say...

19. kuemper Gems: 31/31

I ate 5, 9-grain rolls plus Chalet sauce for supper. Dang that stuff is *good*.

20. Kitrax

Media:
    I just spent the past 2 hours castle hunting on the internet/google earth... And then after that, I spent another hour looking at all the stars once I switched GE over to the 'sky' view. :bad:

So much wasted time... :rolling:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.