1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random cellphone babbling thread #1

Discussion in 'Techno-Magic' started by Disciple of The Watch, Mar 18, 2006.

1. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Funny, cause this phone is accepting my Sonera card just fine after it had my mohter's Saunalahti card... I don't think what you s describe is even legal here. it certainly is not common, and i think that anyone trying to do it would find themselves screwed.

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

[Poof, there goes my expertise]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  3. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Me not being in North America, I don't thinkt hat actualy applies here... as it is, i have only VERY recently seen phones with those stay-wity-us-till--x.and-grt-pohone-free deals.... *shrugs*

4. Erod Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Veteran

It was mentioned earlier in this thread but contract phones have only been sold for a few months here in Finland, as it was illegal before. So almost all phones are (still) unlocked.

I would never buy a contract/locked phone myself nor do I know anyone who has. Besides, the deals that I have seen so far are way too expensive. 20€-50€ / month for a fancy 3G phone with some free calls and whatnot, no thanks.

5. Disciple of The Watch

6. Disciple of The Watch

7. Disciple of The Watch

8. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Well...I have locked my sights on my next phone. I'm finally up for my upgrade, and to replace my old Samsung SGH-C225 with the sexy, sleek, and awe inspiring Samsung SGH-T509!

This sucker is one of the thinnest phones in the world, and looks sweet! It's not quite as good as the T809 slider, but it will certainly do...at least until my fiancé is ready to upgrade her phone...at which point, she would get the T509 and I would finally get the T809! :banana: :thumb:

9. Disciple of The Watch

10. Kitrax

Media:
    What's wrong with the T509? :confused: The E630 doesn't look too bad, and neither does the PEBL...the T509 just looks *way* better!

Hmmm...if you can give me some solid reasons why the T509 isn't good, then I might go back to drooling about the T809. :yum: :rolling:

11. Disciple of The Watch

12. Kitrax

Media:
    ...This matters to you? :skeptic: Geeze DotW, does someone wipe you're a** for you too? :shake:

The Phone I have now has very little memory, no camera, no flash/flashlight, it has crappy reception, no speakerphone, no memory slot, and it doesn't have an indicator light to tell you when the phone's fully charged. :eek: But hey...it's got a color screen, and it was free!

The t509 will end up costing me less than $100 with my upgrade rebate...and for that price, I think it looks pretty good. :rolling:

13. Disciple of The Watch

14. Disciple of The Watch

15. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

So you are saying that this is a bad thing, right?

Actually, I will probably replace my four year old mobile phone sometime in the next six months so I should probably pay more attention to this thread.

16. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    DoTW, you should add another field to your test, 'Looks / Style' because the LG VX-3300 is just a modernized rip off of the Sharp GX10 I had about 4 years ago. It's crappy, wouldn't be seen dead with it!

There's certain things you want when getting a phone (in order of importance):

Does it look good? (most important)
    Is it reliable?
    Is it easy to use?
    Has it got a big memory?
    Has it got a good camera, and how long can you record video for?
    How good quality are the pictures?

If the answer to the first question is 'no', then move onto the next phone. When you go down the list and and 'yes' all the way down, go ahead and buy it.

17. Disciple of The Watch

18. Disciple of The Watch

19. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

You can probably guess what my requirements will be: all practical ones relating to performance, ease of use, battery life etc. Looks, colour, sounds, trendiness etc will be only minor considerations.

20. Disciple of The Watch

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.