1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Music Post (or Random Metal Babbling) #3

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Saber, May 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I have no idea what it converts to. The music plays fine so I don't need to know what the technical format actually is.

2. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

The problem with .aac is that only iTunes can use it. You can't use the music on any other media player or on any other device...

3. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

That's fine because I don't have any other music playing devices.

4. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Nice isn't it? :thumb:

I don't use the Creative MediaSource to organize my Zen Micro...I use the 'Creative Zen Micro Media Explorer' which is based on the Windows Explorer. It's super easy to use (drag and drop for the most part), and it's fast. You can move files on to and off of my Zen Micro, rip music directly on to it, create and edit playlists, and sync music and data between Outlook Express and the player. :D
    And it works with .mp3 and .wmv with or without that "Play for Sure" DMR stuff... :banana:

In other music related news, I picked up two Korn CDs from the library. The first thing Jessica said when she saw them was, "Korn? Ewwww!"
    And this is comming from someone who listens to Richard Marks... :rolleyes: :rolling:

5. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Yeah, I got a couple of songs in .wma into my MuVo and it played them without any problems.

Appearantly battery life is greater when using the WMA format in 64 bits... any truth on that, Kit?

6. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I think my friend has the coolest bass ever... she got it off eBay, and it arrived today. damn, but it is awesome... a BC Rich from the 1980s, complete with bullet holes.

Yeah. Bullet holes.

:evil:

7. Disciple of The Watch

Ahh, B.C. Rich, now these are mighty fine guitars! My bass was a Warlock Bronze, and it was truly a fine one. Sadly, it was stolen. *sigh* I've been stucked with an old Ibanez one ever since. **** you, Ibanez. You suck!

8. Saber

Why the hell would she buy a bullet hole-ridden guitar? Its gotta have a curse on it or something... ever see the Twilight Zone episode with the guy who gets the guitar from a guy who shot himself? Everyone who touches the guitar dies... :eek:

9. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

My choice of guitars would be Jackson. Sadly they're not available in Finland anymore. I did get one when it was still possible, and it still is my best guitar. Better than my LTD (ESP's sub-brand) with neck-through body and active pickups.

Those bullet holes...you don't mean *actual* bullet holes, do you? :mommy:

10. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I do mean actual bullet holes - as in, that damn bass has been actually shot by someone.

Apparently bad repairs fromt hat one have affected the entire thing and so my friend has to do some extensive repairs I understand jack about....

And why precisely dos she want it? cause the damn thing has HISTORY. and character :D

11. Disciple of The Watch

Meh. They're good guitars, yes... but I prefer B.C Rich. And as for ESP... just like Ibanez: no good.

12. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Just bought the new Muse album, Black Holes and Revelations yesterday.

I've listened to it pretty much non-stop, it's awesome. Knights of Cydonia (the final track) is fantastic, as is their 1st single from the album, SuperMassive Black Hole.

Highly recommended

13. Saber

I just bought the new All That Remains album, The Fall of Ideals... I don't really know what to think yet, I have only listened once. Its good, but they overuse the double-bass, which can get a little annoying. After a few more listenings though, who knows?

14. Disciple of The Watch

I somewhat crammed up 250 songs in my MuVo just by activating the "SmartFit" option. It packs the uploaded mp3s into WMA, 64kbps, and they somewhat end up sounding just as good as the said mp3s. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

15. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

Over-using the double bass is one of the cardinal sins. So many bands just do a continuous bakabakabakabaka all the time and it just loses its power, its charm. It's much more interesting to play patterns with variation, do some things with the guitar riffs, stuff like that. That way when you do start with those machine gun 16th notes, it actually sounds like something.

I think ESP is okay, but not spectacular. Ibanez is pretty much crap. I've never tried a BC Rich, though. Never happened to come across one.

If it's worth all the extensive repairs, why not. I wouldn't buy an instrument for someone else's history myself. On the other hand, I still have my first guitar, a long-suffered Squier Strat, and I'm unlikely to ever get rid of it, 'cos it's my own personal history, even though I never play it anymore.

16. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Geez, couldn't you've said something a month ago, before I bought my Ibanez? :p

It's actually my first bass, and I didn't want anything too expensive. In my totally inexperienced opinion it's nice enough to learn playing on.

Heh, B.C. Rich Fat Bob, now I'd be interested in seeing that. Anybody got a picture?

17. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    I had to create an MP3 encoder/decoder when I was doing my intern so I had to do some research on the subject. MP3 is an old encoding, more than 10 years old now. Many other music encodings have surpassed it in terms of quality/file size, including Realaudio, Ogg Vorbis, aac, and the latest WMA.
    From a Programmer/Pratchett-fan point of view I totally support Ogg Vorbis, because it is open source, is named after 2 Discworld characters and even offers better quality than WMA and Realaudio.
    Creative still doesn't support Ogg though, boooo!

In other news, I found one slight problem with the Creative Zen. It can't play mono, that is not a problem with only Zen of course, but with every modern player. They only support stereo!! With my hearing disability I can hardly hear anything coming from the right, so I am missing a lot from every song. For example, the guitar in RHCPs Snow (Hey oh) only comes from the right and I hear it barely.
    *me whips up wordpad and starts writing a program to change mp3's to mono*

18. Disciple of The Watch

Warlock Series Bass mine was the Warlock Bronze, which is probably the cheapest - but don't be fooled, it performs superbly well.

19. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

Well, I wasn't interested in your bass to be totally honest :p , I probably didn't make myself really clear. On the Wikipedia page of B.C. Rich it says they have guitar shaped like a Fat Bob gas tank; I was just curious what that would look like, because I couldn't find it on their website.

20. Disciple of The Watch

Yup, Ibanez is trash. Never tried an ESP, but B.C. Rich pwns. If I ever buy a new bass, it'll be a B.C Rich because I'm fed up of my old Ibanez which sounds and looks like ****.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.