1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Music Post (or Random Metal Babbling) #3

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Saber, May 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Sepultura is NOT death metal. If you weren't my friend, I'd poke you with a 1000-foot pole for saying such a thing.

2. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

@Saber:
    death metal
    Morbid Angel, Vader, Behemoth, Deicide, Six Feet Under, Cannibal Corpse, Hate Eternal, Obituary, Cryptopsy
    to name only few

black metal
    Burzum, Darkthrone, Mayhem, Satyricon

@DotW: very early Sepultura played more or less death metal :p :p :p

3. Disciple of The Watch

There is very little resemblance to death metal... but I must say Bestial Devastation and Morbid Visions were good enough.

4. CĂșchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

You cannot go wrong with Swedish Death metal (a perfect mix of melody and atmosphere). The 'brutal' stuff gets annoying after 3 songs.

5. Disciple of The Watch

You mean the Gothenberg sound? It actually annoys the hell out of me quicker than brutal stuff.

6. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Haha, DotW, sorry for suggesting Sepultura be death metal... I was asking because I didn't know what to classify them as. :)

7. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

Hey go listen to some good old Black Sabbath, it's great

8. Saber

Bah, Black Sabbath.

9. Disciple of The Watch

*shrugs* Black Sabbath are okay, I guess. The Ozzy albums, that is. Don't get me wrong, Dio is a great vocalist... but he doesen't fit with Sabbath. Neither did Ian Gillain. Or Tony Martin.

10. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

Here's how I see Black Sabbath.

Black Sabbath - Raw and primal, good stuff. If only there weren't two damn cover songs on the album.
    Paranoid - Classic. Not one bad song in sight. The worst one is the title track, actually, IMO.
    Master of Reality - Their heaviest album, and IMO the best.
    Vol 4 - Very very good. The production lacks a little oomph, though.
    Sabbath Bloody Sabbath - A lot of people praise this album to the high heavens. I think it's one half brilliant, one half crap.
    Sabotage - There are a couple of great songs here, but a lot of, erm...megalomanic not-so-great stuff too.
    Technical Ecstasy - *vomit* The best songs here are mediocre, and Ozzy is so out of tune it's not even funny.
    Never Say Die! - Ozzy's last Sabbath album. Okay at its best, sad at its worst.

And the non-Ozzy albums...the best way to enjoy these is to not think of them as actual Sabbath albums, really.
    Heaven and Hell and Mob Rules - Great stuff, actually. Dio on vocals.
    Born Again - *vomit again* Ian Gillan on vocals. Basically, this one's only good for a laugh. There's even a track called "Stonehenge". And they had a Stonehenge stage prop at the time. Yes, really.
    Seventh Star - This was supposed to be Tony Iommi's solo album. Don't get this unless you're into 80's pop rock. It's not their worst album, though (see vomits above). Glenn Hughes on vocals. He sounds like a male Christina Aguilera at times.
    The Eternal Idol - So many people were involved and then fired that the studio must have had a saloon door. Too many chefs and a bland soup. A couple of good riffs, though. Tony Martin on vocals, erasing those of Ray Gillen.
    Headless Cross and Tyr - Combine Tony Iommi and Whitesnake and a lot 80's big booming echo sound. Not all bad, but a bit pompous and silly. Tony Martin continues.
    Dehumanizer - Dio reunion. Pretty good, but for some reason I barely ever listen to this.
    Cross Purposes - Tony Martin returns for a mediocre album.
    Forbidden - This one has a nice, more brutal sound than the other 80's/90's albums. Doesn't make the ground shake, but along with the Dio albums this is probably the non-Ozzy Sab album that I listen to the most.

Edit: Whoops, that's long. Got a little carried away.

11. Disciple of The Watch

With Max Cavalera, Sepultura was great. With the black guy, however, they suck SO bad. Hell, they even massacred Celtic Frost's Procreation of The Wicked so bad.

As for Sabbath, the first for pwn, the rest suck. enough said.

12. Saber

I like Dark Tranquility's Haven alot...

When did Cavalera leave Sepultura?

13. Disciple of The Watch

Max left in 1996, after Roots, IIRC.

Igor left recently - june, IIRC.

*shrugs* Haven is alright. Not the best, not the worst.

14. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I've probably listened to Dima Bilan's Nochnoj Huligan at least 30 times today.. wish I knew what the hell he is singing about. So ok, I now the tile of the song translates to "Nigh hooligan" but it is some sort of a Rusisianism that makes no sense for me. *sigh* Ausingly enough, the only ord in the lyrics that I understand would be"Ponimaj" - which,a fiak, has to do with understanding :p

Any of you guys listen to music in languages you don't know? *listesnto Russian, Japanese and Spanish songs regularly and some other strange stuff on occasion*

15. Saber

Which is Dark Tranquility's best, then?

Ara, I listen to Rammstein, who sing in German, a language I don't know but would like to learn...

16. Disciple of The Watch

Like many other bands, dude, their old stuff (first four albums) are the best.

17. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Lol...I have been labled as a 'metal pureist' because I really only like old school Metallica, Megadeth, Ozzy, and to a lesser extent, Iron Maiden (although, I'm starting to like them more and more).

I don't consider it a bad thing at all since the moron who caleed me it is a nu-metal fan. :nono: He was bragging about some band he likes and how the lead singer is "pretty fu**ing talented"...yeah, it takes a *lot* of talent to scream in to a mic and not be able to understand a single word... :rolleyes: :rolling:

18. Arabwel

Media:
    whoever came up with the name "Nu-metal" should be drawn and quartered. that stuff has no resemblance to metal at all... :sick:

19. Saber

*Shivers* Slipknot *Shivers*

:rolleyes: The only nine guys in Iowa that know how to play an instrument (that might be stretching it for them...) dress up in matching jumpsuits and horribly painted masks and jump around on stage like idiots...

I hate them and the emo-bitches that spawn from their nu-metal ****.

20. Arabwel

Media:
    I really hate to smlam entire genres so i suppse I have now gotten myself into the positionw here I have to go find some listeneable nu-metal. *sigh*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.