1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Music Post (or Random Metal Babbling) #3

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Saber, May 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    That sounds like a good idea to me, Cúchulainn :D

ï a faced with the daunting task of ddecideing what music I shall be taking gfor my trip to the convention... :eek: have about two 12-hour scretches that need filling... suggestions, beyond what I am already listening, that is not too growly?

2. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Megadeth. I've been listening to them alot, and I like it. To me, it doesn't sound like thrash/metal, but more as hard rock. No growlies.

3. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

My bro has dugged up my old Marilyn Manson CDs tonight, and I've been listening to Antichrist Superstar, Mechanical Animals, and Portrait of An American Family. Damn. I had forgotten it was good stuff.

4. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Guys, if you post five more pages while I'm gone, I will count it when I get back, so just make a new one, don't worry, and stay metal.

5. Arabwel

Media:
    I think we can do that, saber :)

I donöt particularly like megadeth but i might give them a try... or not. will have to think.

6. Disciple of The Watch

You're damned right we will.

My shiny Graveworm vinyl is coming soon.... can't wait :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

7. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    Speaking of Megadeth...they're coming to SLC September 15th! :banana: I have to go to the concert...but there's just one problem...Sept. 15th is the day *before* my wedding. :bad: I wonder if Jessica will be pissed off if I show up to the wedding deaf, sunburned, and slightly hung over?

Maybe I can tell her to poke me when it's time to say "I Do"... :skeptic: :rolling:

8. Disciple of The Watch

Probably.

9. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Don't even think about it, Kitrax . . . . . . .

10. Arabwel

Media:
    Speaking of weddings, mr. Lordi got married yesterday. :wail: :( :cry:

Sometimes, I hate having vague inside info :(

11. Kitrax

Media:
    Hehehehe...I'm past the thinking stage. I'm up to the begging stage. :p

Actually, she said that since she and her bride's maids will be doing girly type stuff all day on the 15th, I should take my best man to go see the concert. But since Megadeth is going to be headlining the concert, they will probably hit the stage last...and when there are going to be 8 bands playing, that might not happen until 10pm or later... :wail:

Why can't the best bands take the stage first? :bang:

Anyone hear of any of these bands besides Megadeth and Lamb of God? :hmm: :rolling:

12. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

The Smashup sound cool. They're going to be huge!

13. Disciple of The Watch

Yes - old Opeth is good, new Opeth sucks. Overkill is a classic 80s thrash band, pretty good... Arch Enemy... not bad, but I prefered the old vocalist, and Into Eternity is a powerdeath (Death/power metal hybrid) band... (they opened the Stratovarius show I went to), and their stuff isn't bad... but the power metal vocalist annoys the hell out of me. Kudos to the guitarist who is an excellent death vocalist, however.

14. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

What about some cool progressive rock/metal such as Sigh, Meades of Asphodel, Andromeda, Jethro Tull, early Yes etc. You cannot beat progressive music for long trips.

Look what I bought at the weekend. Isn't it a beauty?

[ August 07, 2006, 12:26: Message edited by: Cúchulainn ]

15. Arabwel

Media:
    alas, it seems to be that due to , ah, technical difficulties I willhave to dow ith what CDs I have on hand and what my little mp3 player of dooom can hold... so no new musics. but I will keep those in mind for future reference...

and that is pretty! :love:

16. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Hmm, I can't seem to stop listening to Kreator's Enemy Of God at the moment. Kick@$$ stuff!

One more month until Blind Guardian's new album comes out!

*drools*

Nice.

17. Kitrax

Media:
    Hmmm...I picked up Slayer's 'Hell Awaits' today...

I must say, while the music sounds good...the vocals just outright sucked...and I was *trying* to like it. :skeptic: I just couldn't stand it, so Slayer isn't going to make it in to my collection. Oh well. :bad:

Not all bands can make Kitrax's cut...that Snow Patrol crud BA's been raving about sure doesn't make my cut. :nono: :rolling:

18. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Thanks Decados, it sound great even unplugged.

@ Ara - If you like Gamma Ray et al, why not try Wolf? Swedens finest power metal band.

[ August 08, 2006, 10:21: Message edited by: Cúchulainn ]

19. Arabwel

Media:
    I guess i could givee 'em a try. Any suggestions as to what album to start with? :D

20. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

@Decados- Turm the page, Otherland, FLy, all good tracks form the new album.

I saw the music video for 'Steady as she goes' by The Raconteurs, in the gym yesterday, and thew song is stuck in my mind. I'm thinking of getting the album. ANybody got any opinions?

And, as always, Muse's new album is required listening for the summer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.