1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Music Post (or Random Metal Babbling) #3

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Saber, May 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Evil Star or the debut album 'Wolf' are required listening.

2. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Will try to find them, then.

picjked up a CD y a band called Warlock when i was at th4 flea market yesterday... have no idea waht it will be like, but i am hoping for a pleasant surprise when is tart listening to it tomorrow.

3. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

I think that is the band Doro Pesche used to sing for. I am not too familiar with Warlock, but Doro's 'fight' album is excellent.

Shes not bad looking in her old age.

4. BOC

BOC Let the wild run free Veteran

Warlock are good, typical german heavy metal of 80s influenced by Accept as usual. They will not blow up you mind but you'll certainly have a good time. If you have bought the "Triumph and agony" album the song "All we are" is going to stuck in your head for days.

5. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

A new Terrorizer album in the works! :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

6. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

I'm enjoying the new Slayer album, Christ Illusion. It seems Kerry King's been pretty pissed off at religion again. I wish Jeff Hanneman would write more songs these days, though. His stuff has always been better than King's, IMO.

7. Disciple of The Watch

You're kidding, right? Divine Intervention was a Hanneman album, and I honestly don't like it. God Hates Us All proudly wears the King brand, and it truly pwns. Exile... what a killer song. Disciple, Cast Down... no, it beats Hanneman albums hands down.

8. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

No, Divine Intervention was written mostly by King. There's only one or two Hannemans there. God Hates Us All is about 60% King, 40% Hanneman, compositions-wise.

In any case, I'm thinking of the classics here...Angel of Death, South of Heaven, War Ensemble and Dead Skin Mask are all Hanneman compositions. Also Disciple from God Hates Us All.

I read the other day that on these past couple of albums King has played all the rhythms, which is kind of interesting considering that on Christ Illusion there's a couple of songs where King plays all the leads too. Which means there are songs on that album where Hanneman doesn't play at all!

9. Disciple of The Watch

I have a BW&BW here the month before God Hates Us All was released, and King says that Divine Intervention was an Hanneman album, and God Hates Us All was more his album than Hanneman's.

But yeah, Disciple is a classic.

Really? Interesting factoid here.

I prefer King. Hanneman's a good guitarist - but too moody to my liking. King's in-your-face agressive. That's good.

10. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Well, I managed to not to listent o music almost at all during my trip. BOTH ogf my headphones broke even before I left Oulu! *wials*

... so I spliurged on a pair of Philips ones that are aual bliss at the purest. and, they have a guarantee! :D

11. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

Slayer should fire Tom as he is a crap bassist and singer. More bassists should be like Steve Harris and Joey DiMaio

Edit: extremely bad typos

[ August 15, 2006, 09:43: Message edited by: Cúchulainn ]

12. Disciple of The Watch

Tom Araya sucks.

Tom Angelripper, on the other hand, kicks serious butt. The guy's the pumping black heart of Sodom.

13. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

I finally got my Naglfar albums and they kick arse!

'I am vengence', 'Brimstone Gates' and 'Devoured by Naglfar' are brutal yet majestic.

14. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    This sucks...I put three Rammstein albums on hold at the library, but they only have a single copy of each...so I have to wait over a month to get it. :grr:

On the other hand, I put Rob Zombie's latest album 'Educated Horses' on hold over 2 months ago, and I just might get it towards the middle of next month...but the at least have 8 copies of the album in the system.

Hmmm...I haven't listened to ZZ Top for a little while. I'll have to remedy that. :thumb: :rolling:

15. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Just discovered that Fopp has several Maiden albums for £5 each! Only had enough money for one today, but I'll be sure to return...

16. Disciple of The Watch

Iron Maiden. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Born-again Xtians aren't my cup of tea. Count on me NOT to go to the upcoming show in october.

Just you wait, I'm sure the album after A Matter of Life And Death will be some kind of crappy Xtian metal preaching the so-called Lord and his bastard son. Stupid ****ing Xtians.

/me slaps myself behind the head
    Religion is an AoDA debate, however.

So, back on topic. Sorting through my old stuff I found three Abruptum vinyls! :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes: :bigeyes:

Time to drive my neighbors insane... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

17. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

I don't have the last Iron Maiden album, but I don't think they have ever been :pope:

I take it you are not a big fan of Creed, POD and Orphaned Land :lol:

[ August 17, 2006, 11:51: Message edited by: Cúchulainn ]

18. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Well, I got Broken Boy Soldiers, by The Raconteurs, and it's really good. Unsurpiringly, for a bad containing Jack WHite, it's very similar to his White Stripes work.

19. Disciple of The Watch

Just take a look at the website and check out the details about the new album, and you'll see what I mean.

The preaching actually goes back in 2k... excerp from "The Thin Line Between Love & Hate":

It's subtle... but it was a sign of things to come.

F*** no! Basically, I dislike (even hate) everything that preaches Xtianity. Without opening the can of worms of the religion debate, I'll just say I'm a pagan and that Xtians have been the enemies of my ancestors for a long time - and by ricochet, MY enemies.

20. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

Judas Priest did the same thing. You think their lyrics are innocent enough, and they you find all the homo-erotic meanings years later that were so obvious :doh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.