1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Music Post (or Random Metal Babbling) #3

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Saber, May 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
  2. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

That could keep you entertained for hours ;)

3. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Jesse Pintado, guitarist of Terrorizer and Napalm Death is dead :(

4. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

No ****?!? F***. The guy was one hell of a guitarist... and what happens to the new Terrorizer album which was in the works?

And that's exactly what I like about it. :evil:

5. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

@DotW: the new Terrorizer album was released a week ago, August 22nd ;)

6. Disciple of The Watch

Really? Time to go pick it up, then.

7. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

I have only tried the first Terrorizer album and its pretty good. I was never a Napalm Death fan though.

8. Arabwel

Media:
    Well, I have listened to the new Iron Maiden album a few times now,a nd what can I say? I like it. Still need to listen to it more to get a good feel for it, but yeah, I like it.

9. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I don't think I would be comfortable sliding my hand up and down and struming on a guitar that looks like a penis with balls... :skeptic: :bad:

Ok, let me share with you how I got into Iron Maiden. I used to think it wasn't very good, but now I love it! :thumb:

The albums you need are 'Piece of Mind', 'Dance of Death', 'Brave New World', and if you can, get 'The Essential Iron Maiden'. Stay away from Powerslave and Ed Hunter, as those two albums are what gave me the bad taste in my mouth about the band. However, I do like 'Aces High' and '2 Minutes To Midnight' on the Powerslave album.

I haven't been able to give 'Killers', '7th Son Of A 7th Son', 'No Prayer For The Dying', or 'Fear Of The Dark' a listen due to the face that the local library lacks those CDs, or the copies that they *do* have are very badly scratched up. :bad: :rolling:

10. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

Call me uncultured, but isn't it strange to have a guitar player in a grindcore band named Jesús?

RIP Jesús "Jesse" Pintado

11. Arabwel

Media:
    Kit, in addittion to the new one, I have got in my grubby little hands the Best of the Beast. i am lazy like that :p

12. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

If you listen to the song 'Strange World' on Best of the Beast and the same song from the Remastered debut album you will notice a lot of differences. :hmm:

13. Kitrax

Media:
    Remastered albums usually only add a little audio fidelity. Not much, but if it's a crappy company doing it, the remastered album can often sound worse than the original. :skeptic: :rolling:

14. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

This one had different lead melodies and phrasing. Usually remastered albums add echo and delay, like the Led Zepplin Remasters. I prefer that sound levels are brought up to modern standards, just don't **** with anything else :mad:

15. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

I like Megadeth's Youthanasia Remastered... I'd never heard the original, but it came out sounding nice redone.

16. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

The version on Best of the Beast is a demo from the Soundhouse Tapes sessions.
    I think it's a good job apart from the drums. They're too sterile and compressed for my liking. Then again, I didn't like the original drum sound either. It sounded like they were recorded in a concrete bunker, big booming echo. Plus there used to be rhythm eggs and whatnot percussions that I never felt really fit.

17. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Actually I found Dance of Death to be a relatively weak album- it seemed like they were going for progressive but didn't quite make it. Over-use of long bass intros and the heaviest song having mediocare song writing didn't help much. Brave New World was better, though slightly lacking in places.

I haven't heard Ed Hunter but I liked Powerslave though. There were some really good parts in it and I'd recommend it to someone who liked Maiden.

Seventh Son of a Seventh Son wasn't as easy to get into as I expected and I didn't enjoy it quite as much, though it is still pretty decent.

18. Disciple of The Watch

Bah, the new Maiden. Born again Xtians, anyone? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'll stick with satanic death metal, thank you very much. Maiden, go preach somewhere else. In fact, I won't be going to the show in october.

"Lord of Light", "For The Greater Good of God", "The Pilgrim", "Out of The Shadows"... whatever. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

19. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Yeah, I did notice their song titles were a bit...unusual. I'm glad to see that I'm not just imagining things again.

20. Kitrax

Media:
    Oh hush. We all need a good variety of metal. You can't constantly be worshipping the devil. :evil: :p

I don't think I'll be going to the Megadeth concert. :wail: Tickets are sold out and I highly doubt I'll be able to win any tickets from the radio stations. :bad: :rolling:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.