1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Random Music Post (or Random Metal Babbling) #3

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Saber, May 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Just listened to the new Celtic Frost album... not bad.

The new Sodom album kicks some serious butt! :evil:

2. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

I saw a System of a Down video on a pop music TV show today. Does that mean that they are now too "commercial" and "mainstream", so some of you won't like them any more? And just what is "a Down" anyway? I'm sure that name makes no sense.

3. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

/me pokes Caveboy with a 20-foot pole

System of a Down always was commercial crap. I never liked them. And you're right, Harby, the name makes no sense whatsoever - just like them.

4. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    I like their first album, that one is golden, definitely not mainstream: PLUCK

5. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

System of a Down did sell out... their new stuff sounds nothing like their old stuff, which might have been able to pass as alright. I heard their new stuff and the only reason I could tell it was them was because at one point his voice sounded like it used to.

6. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    I just founfd out that Dima Bilan got signed up byy BMG... I hoe this means there's gonna be an album in English from him - as fun as listenin g to Russian pop is, I would LOVE toactually understand waht he is signing about.

And I also hope whoever writes the lyrics has a better grasp of the English language as the ones whop did Never let you go and Girlfriend.

7. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I like some songs where they mess up the English language:

Sodom - "Masterbate to kill yourself"

Destruction - "Blood the oil, our greasy sky" (or something along those lines)

Stratovarius "I am a dust in the wind"

or strange pronounciations:

Korpiklaani - "wild-der-ness" (wilderness)
    Cadaveria - "fu-near-ee-al" (funeral)
    all florida death metal bands "toi-mmmmm" (time)
    most bands from South Ireland - replace any "th" words with just a "t" so "thrash" becomes "trash", "thursday" becomes "torsday"

The worst are all those rap bands, and English is their first language!

8. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    SoaD is, was, and always will be crap! :toofar:

Their crummy new song 'Lonely Day' has a grand total of one sentence for lyrics, and just like my other "most hated" band, The Foo Fighters, they repeat the same stupid lines over, and over. :bang: Count how many times the FF scream, "the best!"...and while you're at it, count how many times SoaD whines, "Such a lonely day...". :nono:

It's all about *quality*, not quantity. :thumb: :rolling:

[ June 06, 2006, 07:14: Message edited by: Kitrax ]

9. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

The Foo Fighters were good with their old album... I liked 'Learning to Fly' by them. But their new stuff is crap. Especially since it is always on the radio. Damn "No Way Back From Hell"... I hate that song.

10. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

I don't think SOAD were a metal band anyway. Some idiots call them ethnic rock :rolleyes:

To me they are just a standard rock band, who cannot get through an interview without mentioning they are Armenian (even though they are American).

Still, some idiots have said there was a link between SOAD and 11 September because we all know that all terrorists are Middle-Eastern :rolleyes:

11. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I just listened to the Tiananmen Square version of Faith by The Cure (in all its bootlegged glory...). Very oomphy.
    'This is for everyone that died today in China.'

12. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

[​IMG] The new Celtic Frost album is excellent. I was scared it would be another half-arsed comeback album from a bunch of ancient rockers, but they proved me wrong :thumb:

13. Arabwel

Media:
    Less than 24 hours till I get to see Lordi, wheee!
    '
    i have never even heard of wither one of the warmup acts, but I figure they can't be too bad.... I hope. :D

14. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Oh, lordy, you're going to see Lordi?

Saw them when they had this HUGE gig right here in Helsinki, when we were celebrating our first Eurovision song contest victory.

I'm not a fan or anything, but they sounded great in front of an audience of at least 60 000 people. :D

15. Arabwel

Media:
    I envy you, Iku-Turso.... I wanted to be there!

adn you're a bit low there. there was more thank 80 000 people there :D

and yes, I am going to see Lordi at rovaniemi :D

16. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Whee! So you're finnish, or at least in Finland currently! Congrats! :D

And some estimated that there were something like 100 000 people, but I thought that estimating it at least to 60 000 would be on the safe side.

By the way, if you're from Lapin lääni, I salute and thank you for voting Lordi into the contest in the first place! :roll:

17. Arabwel

Media:
    Finnish, born and bred. and not that far North - in the biggesst small town in the country :p

and to make this more OT, I wish the next ESC would be in Rovaniemi and that Dima Bilan would participate again. cause, you know, I would SO stalk him :D

18. Iku-Turso Gems: 26/31

Media:
    Tsch! :hahaerr:

19. Arabwel

Media:
    Cooome opn, don't teöö me htat you wouldnät if you were appropriately oriented! THat boy is PRETTY! :p

20. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Further to what I said last week about having bought my first CD in 3 years, I have now bought 7 in the last week. For anyone who is interested, they have been:

1) John Lee Hooker - "Blues Legend"
    2) Alanis Morissette - "Now is the Time"
    3) KT Tunstall - "Eye to the Telescope"
    4) Alanis Morissette - "Alanis"
    5) Hayley Westenra - "My Gift to You"
    6) Coldplay - "Parachutes"
    7) Heather Nova - "Siren"

Lots of new food for iTunes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.